PDA

View Full Version : NSX Widebody Accord!!

Gondi Stylez
02-15-2003, 06:23 PM
Today, I was at Impressions and this one guy whos in World Of Wheels with Impressions had this DROP DEAD 98-01 NSX Widebody Accord!! Honestly, the nicest car ive seen in a long long time!!

Im not a huge fan of widebody's but this was one that definatley made my jaw drop! :thumbsup: :clap: :hitit: :drool: I dont have any pics :thumbsdow so im hopeing that maybe some of his friends are also Beyond members so maybe they can post some pics of this Accord! (Shawdowz, LS/VTEC CRX, 95ACC...)

Well if any one has seen it they will probably feel the same way as me and civic_rida felt today... or I guess will have to wait till next weeks show to look at this masterpiece with our own eyes...

Definatley made my day... and all i walked away with were some sidemarkers!! :bigpimp:

Gondi Stylez
02-15-2003, 06:24 PM
opps.. posted in the wrong spot... haha... can one of the moderators please move this to the Photo Gallery.. haha sorry!!

sexualbanana
02-15-2003, 07:46 PM
y would u move it to photos?

Superesc
02-15-2003, 07:47 PM
* this was moved from Marketplace.

sexualbanana
02-15-2003, 10:35 PM
makes more sense

max_boost
02-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
DROP DEAD 98-01 NSX Widebody Accord!!

Ok, exactly WTF is that?:rofl:

Superesc
02-15-2003, 11:18 PM
I "Think" its an accord with a widebody kit that looks like the NSX?!?!?!??!

95acc
02-15-2003, 11:40 PM
yeah he just picked it up from the bodyshop today this car is sick.
http://www.jtautostyle.com/site/%20accord1images/accord6.gif
picture this car smokey blue with a Black Widow kit instead.

max_boost
02-15-2003, 11:46 PM
So what is the NSX part of the car? The paint job? lol

Toms-Celica
02-15-2003, 11:57 PM
yea, I dont get it

jdmakkord
02-16-2003, 12:05 AM
the side skirts have the vents near the rear wheel wells.

Gondi Stylez
02-16-2003, 12:05 AM
haha I can see you guys are all confused.... its NSX widebody cuz the kit is for the NSX... vents and all...

i guess you have to see it to understand... 95acc if you could post some pics if you get any, or i guess ull all juss have to go to WofW to see it!

STI-Guy
02-16-2003, 12:54 AM
It's an NSX wannabe, then? Because if it was... then that would be doubetebly gay. Like that chick who owns that Civic which was bassically transformed into an EVO in everything but engine. I believed that it runs 19's or something.
:rofl:

Gondi Stylez
02-16-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by STI-Guy
It's an NSX wannabe, then? Because if it was... then that would be doubetebly gay. Like that chick who owns that Civic which was bassically transformed into a EVO in verything but engine.

haha well shit i dunno how to explain it... maybe the thread title is misleading but i guess ull have to see it or see pics of it to FULLY understand...

hopefully 95acc can clear up this, since he works at impressions and knows the guy with the car...

:dunno:

MistaBrent
02-16-2003, 03:03 AM

haha well shit i dunno how to explain it... maybe the thread title is misleading but i guess ull have to see it or see pics of it to FULLY understand...

hopefully 95acc can clear up this, since he works at impressions and knows the guy with the car...

:dunno:

no he isnt gonna do that. sorry

95acc
02-16-2003, 11:23 AM
The kit was not desgned to make the car look like a NSX it just has styling cues from the NSX , hence the name.
It's an NSX wannabe, then? Because if it was... then that would be doubetebly gay belive this car is NOT gay, it is one of the sickest rides in the city.I do not have pictures of the car you guys will have to wait till W.O.W. And when you picture this car also picture it with 19'' Velox VX5's. His car is outstanding.

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-16-2003, 12:58 PM
sickest rides in calgary...

a wide body accord, come on.

max_boost
02-16-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9

You only complement the cars that are your buddies:rofl:
I want to see pictures!!!! haha

95acc
02-16-2003, 07:55 PM
Wait untill you see this car it WILL be one of the nicest cars at the show. You can hate all you want but wait untill you see the car for yourself.

DUBBED
02-16-2003, 09:36 PM
what makes it so nice?

i dunno bout the rest of you but i will be staring at allan's integra... probably spend some time hanging around brad's lude if its there as well

Gondi Stylez
02-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by MistaBrent

no he isnt gonna do that. sorry

:banghead:

Gondi Stylez
02-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 95acc
Wait untill you see this car it WILL be one of the nicest cars at the show. You can hate all you want but wait untill you see the car for yourself.

:werd:

i also think that this car will walk away with best of show even tho there are lots of nice cars in calgary, IMO this one tops them all... as 95acc said hate all u want come this weekend when u do see it then ur jaw WILL drop... no BS:poosie: :thumbsup:

95acc
02-17-2003, 10:03 AM
:werd:
ok guys i am no trying to make this car out to be something it is not because it is an impressions car. This car is truly something else, even if you are a JDM freak and you live for black wheels(no diss), you will be impressed by this car.

max_boost
02-22-2003, 11:12 PM
http://www.psylence.com/jdho/WOW2/wow33.JPG

Is this it?

Gondi Stylez
02-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
http://www.psylence.com/jdho/WOW2/wow33.JPG

Is this it?

yep thas it!! ABSOLUTLY AMAZING :drool:

a side and front pic would have been better... i dont have a digi cam or i would have posted more pics...:thumbsdow

ecstasyracer
02-23-2003, 12:40 AM
Does this guy go to SAIT? And did the car used to be silver? Becuse I swear I used to see it all the time in the parking lot by the John Ware building. It had 19 inch velox rims and almost the same body kit. Black and blue leather interior. If its the same car it looks pretty good, different atleast.

So does this car have any signifigant performance modifacations or mostlyl show?

finboy
02-23-2003, 12:59 AM
aluminum wing???? :thumbsdow

STI-Guy
02-23-2003, 01:11 AM
:barf:

That thing was supposed to impress me?

syeve
02-23-2003, 01:12 AM
I like that spoiler...it seems its set for maximum downforce...:rolleyes:

nothing like an identity crisis.:thumbsdow

95acc
02-23-2003, 03:04 AM
That thing was supposed to impress me?
You can honestly say that car does not make you say damn?. I find that really hard to believe. You can trash talk all you want but it is one sick ass ride. And yes 3 weeks ago that car was silver. As for go fast goodies there is a Comptech supercharger on order for this beast as we speak. Agreed i am not a real huge fan of the big wings but it does look good on some cars and i feel this is one such car. Say what yoou want but i got best of class today and we will see what it gets on sunday.

jaylo
02-23-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
what makes it so nice?

i dunno bout the rest of you but i will be staring at allan's integra... probably spend some time hanging around brad's lude if its there as well

Aesthethically, I would prefer the vince's integra w/ JDM Itr front end, mugen mf10's, jdm recaro seats, cf hood, cf front lip and other super rare and expensive goodies. That car is money.

http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=143976

95acc
02-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Well that is because everyone on this board seems to be obssessed with JDM, I will give props to anyone that puts that kind of time and money into the cars, but as for a show car JDM cars just don't cut it, For most people in the they will just see another clean white car and think nothing else of it. I am not trying to cuss out JDM cars , because there are alot of nice ones out there, but if you are going to put ALOT of money into a car to show it wouldn't you want it to make people stop in there tracks and drool? You would not belive how many people asked me what kind of car it was, and no they were not all redneck, hotrod guys with mullets, there were alot of guys that were into the import scene. To each his own right, but a show cae is a show car, and i know ALOT of people on this forum talk shit about our shop because of the cars we build, Because there is a lack of amber corners and too much neon, but you know what we build cars for people that want to compete in car shows and win, and we do a damn good job of bringing home the goods. Like it or not we put as much time and effort if not more, into our "ricers" as anyone with a JDM replica. I am not saying that everyone should come in and buy some undercar and a big wing, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Dope Dealer
02-23-2003, 11:00 AM
Looks pretty sweet.

I really like the color and the kit.

Not a fan of the wing, maybe if it was painted :dunno:

Gondi Stylez
02-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by jaylo

Aesthethically, I would prefer the vince's integra w/ JDM Itr front end, mugen mf10's, jdm recaro seats, cf hood, cf front lip and other super rare and expensive goodies. That car is money.

http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=143976

haha vinces is soo nice 2 :drool: but allan's has 1 bride seats which IMO is 1000000000000000000000000000 times better then recaro!! :drool: :drool: IMO!!

but BOTH are my JDM fantasy cars!

Gondi Stylez
02-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Well that is because everyone on this board seems to be obssessed with JDM, I will give props to anyone that puts that kind of time and money into the cars, but as for a show car JDM cars just don't cut it, For most people in the they will just see another clean white car and think nothing else of it. I am not trying to cuss out JDM cars , because there are alot of nice ones out there, but if you are going to put ALOT of money into a car to show it wouldn't you want it to make people stop in there tracks and drool? You would not belive how many people asked me what kind of car it was, and no they were not all redneck, hotrod guys with mullets, there were alot of guys that were into the import scene. To each his own right, but a show cae is a show car, and i know ALOT of people on this forum talk shit about our shop because of the cars we build, Because there is a lack of amber corners and too much neon, but you know what we build cars for people that want to compete in car shows and win, and we do a damn good job of bringing home the goods. Like it or not we put as much time and effort if not more, into our "ricers" as anyone with a JDM replica. I am not saying that everyone should come in and buy some undercar and a big wing, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

:werd: :werd:

i couldn't have said it better myself! like 95acc said i do like JDM cars ALOT but its not like if another car has a huge wing or body kit insetad of lips and that ill hate on it! the wing on the accord looks good cuz its matches the style of his car IMO... but also i would have preferred a flush mount wing to "round off" the exterior also IMO... but hey this is on PHAT SHOW CAR and if u STILL decide to hate on it they fine but if u do give it alteast some props then my hats off to u!

Hakkola
02-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
Does this guy go to SAIT? And did the car used to be silver? Becuse I swear I used to see it all the time in the parking lot by the John Ware building.

I think I remember that car, might be different, I was always at res during the summer and saw a pretty nice silver accord there beside the john ware building like everyday, I think it had B.C plates from awhile, I think.

boi-alien
02-23-2003, 03:04 PM

<snipped>
Say what yoou want but i got best of class today and we will see what it gets on sunday.

from what i hear everyone and their dog who enters into WoW whins some sort of prize.

buh_buh
02-23-2003, 03:07 PM
k, the reason people hate on it is because everyone has different tastes in cars. JDM is the new trend, and if people like it, then what's the big deal? I do think the Accord is nice, but its not my cup of tea. But the bottom line is, no matter what kind of car you build, there will ALWAYS be people who don't like it. You just gotta let it slide off your back. And if you don't want to hear the criticism, then don't enter shows. Afterall, car shows are there so people can make judgements on your car right?

Weapon_R
02-23-2003, 05:08 PM
I think that it looks pretty hot on the outside, but he did a poor job of the interior. It looks terrible.

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Does this guy go to SAIT? And did the car used to be silver? Becuse I swear I used to see it all the time in the parking lot by the John Ware building. It had 19 inch velox rims and almost the same body kit. Black and blue leather interior. If its the same car it looks pretty good, different atleast.

So does this car have any signifigant performance modifacations or mostlyl show?

I think I know what car you a talking about. Did he have a banner ontop of his windshield that said 'streetweaponz' or something?

van
02-23-2003, 05:50 PM
That car belongs to a guy I know, its silver with blue stripes on the side.. neon underglow... big wing.... and its auto?

ecstasyracer
02-23-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

I think I know what car you a talking about. Did he have a banner ontop of his windshield that said 'streetweaponz' or something?
Yep thats the same car I was talking about. I think it was at dragwarz too.

STI-Guy
02-23-2003, 07:57 PM
What's the point of putting all that stuff on an ACCORD? Even the idea of that car is ricey as hell, IMO.

Superesc
02-23-2003, 08:18 PM
What's the point of putting all that stuff on an ACCORD? Even the idea of that car is ricey as hell, IMO.

to each its own I guess. As long as he enjoys his car I think that's all that matter.

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 09:01 PM

If you actually saw it, it's quite a nice car. Other than the aluminum wing that is. The colour scheme, decals and rims make the car look nice. Plus the guy who drives it seems like a nice guy.

Speed_Dreams
02-23-2003, 09:18 PM

You can honestly say that car does not make you say damn?. I find that really hard to believe. You can trash talk all you want but it is one sick ass ride. And yes 3 weeks ago that car was silver. As for go fast goodies there is a Comptech supercharger on order for this beast as we speak. Agreed i am not a real huge fan of the big wings but it does look good on some cars and i feel this is one such car. Say what yoou want but i got best of class today and we will see what it gets on sunday.

in what class di dyou win best of class?....I have a friend with a 96 talon and all he had was a paint job and he was the only car in his class (semi sport compact chrysler) i didn't see any other accord at WoW....correct me if im wrong....but woudln't it be kinda hard to NOT win if you were only competing against yourself? But all is fair becuase differnt people have different tastes. but to some people in the shows in the states the big gawdy wings and ugly ass body graphics are a thing of the past. Lots of People are transforming there cars info clean looking functional show cars. not one off trailer ponies. A nice car is a nice car. that accord is nice and at least (is what 95acc says is true) its got the balls to back up its body kit

thats just my $0.02

Speed_Dreams
02-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by defekt1
That car belongs to a guy I know, its silver with blue stripes on the side.. neon underglow... big wing.... and its auto?

Correct me if im wrong and I'll be ther first to admit....but....didn't V6 accords only come in Auto's? i thoguth for a breif time in 94 (???) they played with a manual box for the 6 but it just wasn't strong enough.... im not sure just what i have read

buh_buh
02-23-2003, 09:25 PM
nope.
V6 only came in auto.

95acc
02-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Yep it is an auto, and after the supercharger goes in i would like to see his "ricey' accord go up against lets say a 5.0 and see what happens. I am not saying that JDM is crap but it just does not make a great show car and if you do not plan on competing in shows than great, but there are those of us out there that do like to go to the big shows and this is what it takes to compete. His interior looked better when the car was silver but I agree that it looks a little of with the new paint.

jdmakkord
02-23-2003, 10:22 PM
even with a comptech accords dont get too fast. The auto tranny sucks ass too bad!

ecstasyracer
02-23-2003, 10:25 PM
This is what it used to look like right? So he just put on some slightly wider fenders and new paint? I think it looked better before, especially with the blue interior parts.

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 10:26 PM
This is what it used to look like right? So he just put on some slightly wider fenders and new paint? I think it looked better before, especially with the blue interior parts.

That's the car I saw at SAIT.

B18C
02-23-2003, 10:29 PM
I haven't seen the car or anything but when you do something as aggressive as a widebody kit, especially one that is "NSX style", you are going to have some haters. It's just sooo "in your face" that you are going to get more extreme opinions.

04blackMAX
02-23-2003, 10:39 PM

who painted his bumper......doesnt even match the rest of the car

GT2NV
02-23-2003, 10:50 PM
i think it looks better now if it was the car that was at WOW

mrmattyk
02-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR

who painted his bumper......doesnt even match the rest of the car

It's a bad picture and it's just the light. Seriously I wish you could have seen that car in person. It was so nice.

ninjak84
02-23-2003, 11:02 PM
Disappointing how no one seems to appreciate anyone's personal tastes anymore.

lammer
02-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by defekt1

van is that lo's car?
his car is sweet man. back in spring time everytime i go eat lucnh its always around forest lawn. and his friends civic. the black one beside him in the picture.

Redlyne_mr2
02-24-2003, 11:21 AM
All this hype for that car... so very dissapointing..and with a supercharger it will still run 16's:thumbsdow

jdmakkord
02-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Noit exactly what I look for in an accord, but thats exactly it! Its not mine. He obviously likes it, so who the hell cares. At least it isn't one of those hyundai's!!!lol jk

TEG_G2
02-24-2003, 11:44 AM
I thought the car looked good!

shadowz
02-24-2003, 01:00 PM
I appreciate the work done to the car just not my style:thumbsup:

max_boost
02-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
I appreciate the work done to the car just not my style:thumbsup:

I agree.....the owner has spent some $$$ on modifying that car, whatever floats his boat I guess!

I use to be into big bodykits etc. but my tastes have toned down over the years and I just prefer something clean and simple...

95acc
02-24-2003, 07:07 PM
I am not saying everyone has to love his car, but you have to give him credit for that work that was done to it. IMO thecars looks amazing, And he should run a little better than 16's i hope.

gpomp
02-24-2003, 08:14 PM
after the supercharger goes in i would like to see his &quot;ricey' accord go up against lets say a 5.0 and see what happens.

Uh, the Accord will get owned?

STI-Guy
02-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Uh, the Accord will get owned?

Exactly. :)

I give the guy due credit. It's just the fact that he wasted all those man hours and cash on an Accord.

choweyt3t4
02-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: imo its way too busy for a clean guy like me

___2PaC___
02-25-2003, 07:05 PM
Looks like a nice kit

SI-vic
02-26-2003, 03:51 AM
I thought that this car was insane. I liked it because I'm not much of a JDM fan, I like some JDM but like 95acc said, everyone seems too obsessed with it.

Anyways, he lives near my grannies house and I cant wait to see his car around there. I always saw his car last summer while i was living in his area.... damn his car is sweet now.:thumbsup:

Speed_RaSiR
02-28-2003, 10:27 AM
NSX? I see nothing that resembles an NSX

girlRACER
02-28-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
NSX? I see nothing that resembles an NSX

Me too :dunno: ...not to say that it's not nice or anything.

95acc
02-28-2003, 08:29 PM
the rear vents

STI-Guy
02-28-2003, 08:33 PM
the rear vents

...are?

Gondi Stylez
02-28-2003, 11:29 PM

...are?

like an NSX!!

fuck guys... this is not a hard concept.. i thought i made this clear earlier in the thread that this was an accord that had a widebody kit that looked like one that would be on an NSX...

if u dont like the car then fine... ur opinion...

i like this car alot and once supercharged am sure that it would be able to rape a 5.0L! :clap:

so thanx for coming out:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
02-28-2003, 11:31 PM

i like this car alot and once supercharged am sure that it would be able to rape a 5.0L! :clap:

so thanx for coming out:thumbsup:
Wow...you have no idea what you're talking about

ninjak84
02-28-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Haha!
Do you even know what the stock 1993 5.0 Mustang dyno'ed at when it rolled out of the factory?
A whopping 205hp. The Cobra versions came with only 235hp.

Gondi Stylez
02-28-2003, 11:42 PM

haha ull see... then ill be telling you that u have no clue what ur talking about....

stock 92' 5.0 - 225HP, 300 lbs-ft

stock 00' accord V6 - 200HP, 195 lbs-ft

now add the comptech supercharger so say about 100-120HP gain (non dynoed) and WAY more torque??

hmmmmmmmmmm................

Gondi Stylez
02-28-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Haha!
Do you even know what the stock 1993 5.0 Mustang dyno'ed at when it rolled out of the factory?
A whopping 205hp. The Cobra versions came with only 235hp.

ye, thanx ninjak84 looks like ur on my side 2!! and thas the dynoed results.... mine aren't

juss wait and see and u doubters will eat ur words...

:banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
02-28-2003, 11:45 PM
I'm sorry but a supercharger will not give a car 120 more hp

ninjak84
02-28-2003, 11:50 PM
I'm sorry but a supercharger will not give a car 120 more hp

Sorry dude, but you're wrong.
I have a friend named Stillen that disagrees with you.
http://www.stillen.com/sportscars_detail.asp?cat=2&subcat=&id=3159&page=2

*EDIT* Listen, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm just posting things to clear up misunderstandings. In Gondi's post, he said the car would gain about 100-120hp, where the car in the article gained 85hp. Close enough.

Redlyne_mr2
02-28-2003, 11:55 PM

Sorry dude, but you're wrong.
I have a friend named Stillen that disagrees with you.
http://www.stillen.com/sportscars_detail.asp?cat=2&amp;subcat=&amp;id=3159&amp;page=2

*EDIT* Listen, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm just posting things to clear up misunderstandings.
How and why does he disagree with me I dont see 120hp out of that Maxima..plus its an entirely different car. WHat does a stock accord run up here, Im assuming somewhere in the 17s maybe high 16s, lets be generous and we shave a second off the 1/4 time thats still low 16's, the 5.0 runs low 15's high 14's

Seanith
02-28-2003, 11:55 PM
Saying that it will rape a 5.0L is stupid. It would probably be close, and it would keep up for sure. Whether or not it would win would be up to the driver i think

Redlyne_mr2
02-28-2003, 11:57 PM

*EDIT* Listen, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm just posting things to clear up misunderstandings. In Gondi's post, he said the car would gain about 100-120hp, where the car in the article gained 85hp. Close enough.
Naw man its cool..I dont want to come of in a bad way either I just think that Gondi is over exagerating when she says a supercharged accord will rape a mustang, please make me eat my words I can't stand most mustangs

ecstasyracer
03-01-2003, 12:00 AM
On that link they only got 85hp, and wow a 1 second decrease in the 1/4 mile. But thats a totally different car so it doesn't matter. And plus theres the fact that the accord has a crappy automatic which isn't exactly going to help it rape mustangs.

Gondi Stylez
03-01-2003, 12:00 AM

Naw man its cool..I dont want to come of in a bad way either I just think that Gondi is over exagerating when she says a supercharged accord will rape a mustang, please make me eat my words I can't stand most mustangs

well yes maybe a lil... not rape but i do think it will win... no exagerating there....

hahau dont even like mustangs redlyne_mr2??? hahaha well i hate them 2!! :thumbsdow :barf:

ninjak84
03-01-2003, 12:04 AM
My point was that the Maxima an Accord both have the same base horsepower.
If the Maxima got up to 275hp, then the Accord probably would too.

I guess the only way I'll ever be happy now, is to see the race for myself :D

Hakkola
03-01-2003, 01:46 AM
What about weight, all I've seen compared now is HP and TQ, I'm sure the supercharger or whatever will help, but the accord is pretty heavy, plus all the show components...

I don't like mustangs either though, and would rather have an Accord, but I don't think it'd win.

WBB6
03-01-2003, 02:27 AM
I think that the greatest disadvantage of a Supercharged Accord V6 is the fact that it is automatic...

I have also heard that the transmission of the V6 Accord is VERY weak, originally if you guys look up in your old import magazines HKS was in the development of a turbo kit, but they were constantly blowing the tranny...

Superchargers are nice...but the weight of the Accord + Automatic tranny + Extra weight from exterior mods + 19" wheels don't equal a fast car...

But hey...at least it looks good...:dunno:

ecstasyracer
03-01-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by WBB6
I think that the greatest disadvantage of a Supercharged I have also heard that the transmission of the V6 Accord is VERY weak, originally if you guys look up in your old import magazines HKS was in the development of a turbo kit, but they were constantly blowing the tranny...

I think thats an old sport compact car magazine right? With the accord on the front, I think I have it somewhere I'll try and look it up.

STI-Guy
03-02-2003, 04:09 PM

I can't stand most mustangs

hahau dont even like mustangs redlyne_mr2??? hahaha well i hate them 2!! :thumbsdow :barf:

Originally posted by Hakkola
don't like mustangs either...

Haters.

:)