PDA

View Full Version : BC Teacher Strike

Xtrema
10-20-2005, 08:07 PM
I don't know if anyone is following this one but it's getting out of hand.

Kid's can't go to school. Grade 12 may be delayed on university acceptance. Now other union are backing the teaher and going on strike.

This is BS. Public opinions has expressed that teachers are paid very well and classroom size isn't as big as the union has stated (it's obvious number is padded).

And what kind of messages are you sending to kids? Be greedy SOBs? When things don't go your way, you don't do it?

Other union's support definitely has political motive with their distaste of BC Liberals. They want to sacrifice the teachers and everyone in the education system for their own gains.

This is right after the long shoreman strike that destoryed so many businesses.

How can union be so selfish and destorying lives for personal gain?

So do they rather keep on increasing the province's debt and make everyone in BC paid in the end?

God, time to privatize education, you can't let any single entity to have a choke hold on lives anymore. People should have that option, so should the teachers.

kaput
10-20-2005, 10:55 PM

crazyning
10-20-2005, 11:32 PM
I saw on Global that criminal charges would be possible as a result of their illegal labour action.

This is probably the right action to take, as it looked really out of hand. Looked to me like they shutdown many services in Victoria for a day: the University, transit. I don't see why it is necessary to inconvenience thousands of people that have no involvement in the labour dispute.