PDA

View Full Version : Talon got run over by a semi today...

95EagleAWD
10-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Not happy...

:whipped:

Sitting in 99th and 31st ave today... A semi in the left lane. We thought nothing of it at all. Another guy was driving my car, so I was sitting shotgun. We're trying to turn northbound onto 99th street. Then buddy in the semi starts making a "wide right turn"...

RIGHT INTO MY FUCKING CAR!!!!!

Guy driving starts honking, but the truck driver can't hear us. We both turn and look over our shoulders as the trailer looms closer, closer... both give a nice "Ohhhhhh, FUCK!" and we duck.

CRUNCH!

Truck stops. Drivers side is under the trailer. I'm steaming fucking mad. Passenger in semi gets out. I get out from my side.

First thing out of my mouth: "Holy shit, buddy, you can't fucking see me here!??!!" :guns:

I was totally lost... so pissed, yet unable to do a damn thing about it. After about a half hour of bullshit, he finally backed the semi off my car, and thank God, but it's driveable. Totally fucked, but drivable. So we go to Millwoods EPS station to make our report. Turns out truck guy forgot his trailer registration and his Tractor registration was out of date. The cop looks at him and she goes: "Jeez, I should give you a ticket for this too..."

We did all the paperwork BS, and she (the cop) said that the trucker will probably be at fault, since it's his responsibility to make sure his "pinch zone" is clear all the way through the turn. There was no turn signal, no "this vehicle makes wide right turns" decal on the back of the truck. We thought he was going left because he was way over in the oncoming traffic lane.

Fucking douchebag. By car is totally wrecked now... I'll have to see if insurance will fix it, or write it off.
Here's couple pics, too....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/damage1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/damage2.jpg

Grrr... needs a new left rear quarter panel, new sideskirt and new roof. Probably an alignment as well, since he pinched the rear left wheel a bit too...

Jesus, I'm pissed right now....

Clever
10-22-2005, 12:44 PM
it could've been worse, glad everyone is okay.

afrotl
10-22-2005, 12:45 PM
sorry to hear that good thing you are both okay though

Kirbs17
10-22-2005, 01:28 PM
:eek: that could have turned out so much worse, yikes

Z_Fan
10-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh man, that's brutal. Glad to hear you and your friend are fine. Shit happens, and hopefully your insurance company will look after you appropriately.

Godfuader
10-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Same thing happened to my buddy in his MR2 a month ago...he was dragged by the rear trailer wheels for a bit before the driver caught on that there was a car wedged in his trailer.

89coupe
10-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Was there no way for you to move when you saw the truck coming closer? You just sat there?

95EagleAWD
10-22-2005, 02:20 PM
I wasn't driving... :dunno:

We had about two or three seconds to move... but we were looking over our shoulders during those two or three seconds.

In hindsight... I woud've pinned it and dumped the clutch and gotten the hell outta there... but hindsight is 20/20... and worthless...

EK 2.0
10-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Was there no way for you to move when you saw the truck coming closer? You just sat there?

my question as well, but you already ansdwered it above my post. My other question...regardless if there was a "wide right turn" sticker or not...I mean you have to look for a sticker to know they make wide rights??

95EagleAWD
10-22-2005, 02:48 PM
By law, they also to signal their intention to turn right.

They did not.

They also have to make sure the area next to them is clear for the duration of the turn.

They did not.

My going to the no "wide right turns" sticker is simply pointing out that we had ABSOLUTELY NO INDICATION WHATSOEVER that he was about to make a right turn from the left lane across our path.

88CRX
10-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
he was about to make a right turn from the left lane across our path.

was it a dual right turn or what?

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
In hindsight... I woud've pinned it and dumped the clutch and gotten the hell outta there... but hindsight is 20/20... and worthless...

ya, dont stew on it.... nothing you could have done :dunno: shit happens

infected
10-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Holy crap!! When I was reading the story, I imagined your car getting wedged under the trailer and took out your roof until I scrolled down a bit more and saw the pics... haha. At least you're ok, the car can be fixed.

kiwi
10-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by infected
Holy crap!! When I was reading the story, I imagined your car getting wedged under the trailer and took out your roof until I scrolled down a bit more and saw the pics... haha. At least you're ok, the car can be fixed.

:werd: I was imagining the same thing...

Good thing you're okay though!

BerserkerCatSplat
10-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Wow, that's crazy. Good to hear you made it out OK!

Moe Man
10-23-2005, 05:17 PM
ya usually the trucker will let the ppl make the turn then they make the wide turn.

fuck i would have thrown it in reverse and used all 5.0 liters and all 8 cylinders :burnout:

theken
10-23-2005, 05:37 PM
whats the problem with wide right turns can you not figure out that something 15 times longer then your car might make the turn a little wider? if he didnt dignal that is his own fault, but since i drive semi every day i have these run ins all the time, (not hitting) but i will signal right from the right lane swoop wide a bit and always someone will try to pass on the inside, nothing you can do but stop i guess, sorry to ear about your car though

habsfan
10-23-2005, 05:45 PM
shitty to hear man :( glad everyone is ok, thats the main thing. on another note, i guess this proves that imports cant actually fit under trailers too all the doubters...lol

sorry, too soon?:nut:

schurchill39
10-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by infected
I imagined the first Talon Chop Top. Definitly Glad you and your buddy are ok, must of been scary.

Originally posted by habsfan
on another note, i guess this proves that imports cant actually fit under trailers too all the doubters...lol

Haha Smart ass!

95EagleAWD
10-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
shitty to hear man :( glad everyone is ok, thats the main thing. on another note, i guess this proves that imports cant actually fit under trailers too all the doubters...lol

sorry, too soon?:nut:

:rofl:

/////AMG
10-25-2005, 05:18 AM
~Damn glad you are ok same with the driver!

Rockski
10-25-2005, 12:34 PM
where aboots did this happen man
?

wildkarrde
10-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Read the first sentence.

Rockski
10-25-2005, 01:32 PM
sorry had a memory lapes thingy when i saw the pics and read millwoods

schurchill39
10-25-2005, 03:57 PM
So give us an update, whats going on with insurance etc.

95EagleAWD
10-27-2005, 03:22 PM
^^

Trucking company is paying for everything. She goes into the body shop on Monday. :thumbsup:

They didn't go for my 70$ a day Chrysler 300C as a rental though... so I'm stuck with a subcompact... :thumbsdow

:rofl: