PDA

View Full Version : Osiris D3 2001's (Good or Bad Quality)

bosa
02-16-2003, 12:13 PM
I just got some new skate shoes yesterday (Osiris D3's 2001). I have 7 days to return them. I was just wondering if they are good quality,and if they last long? So far I like them,they are alright. I just want to know if they are good for skateboarding,and the quality of them. If any of you know anything bad about these,please tell me.

Peace.

mrmattyk
02-16-2003, 12:17 PM
I think you are good as long as you take care of them (spray and clean, and use protectant spray if they are white). Those shoes tend to last. You just want to avoid some DC's, Vans and Emerica.

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-16-2003, 01:13 PM
supposedly one of the worst ones made... i picked up a set to look at at the shop, the guys like... put those down... you dont want those hunks of crap...

(buddy that works at the source)

iv been told several times after how gay those shoes are....

mrmattyk
02-16-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
supposedly one of the worst ones made... i picked up a set to look at at the shop, the guys like... put those down... you dont want those hunks of crap...

My friends that have worn them, they seem to last. I do think most of them look pretty gay though, few are nice.

bosa
02-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9

Really..? So its in my best intrest to take them back?

Here they are.
http://www.osirisshoes.com/images/shoes/d32001/black_white.jpg

mrmattyk
02-16-2003, 01:52 PM
My friend's shoes seemed to last. They are kind of poser shoes though.

bosa
02-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Poser shoes..? Why do you say that?

buh_buh
02-16-2003, 01:57 PM
I have a pair.
I bought them the very first day they came out (I think that was 2 years ago?)
They're good shoes just for walking around in, but if you skate in them, they'll get thrashed after 1 sesh.
They won't hold up very well.

mrmattyk
02-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by civicLVR
Poser shoes..? Why do you say that?

All my friends were posers that wore them :rofl:
Not to say you are a poser. They last for fashion reasons for sure. Skating you probably want something a little more rigid.

bosa
02-16-2003, 01:59 PM
Well I was in the basement practicing my ollies,and after the first time I popped my foot up along the board,the material of the shoe looked wrecked...

bosa
02-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I have a pair.
I bought them the very first day they came out (I think that was 2 years ago?)
They're good shoes just for walking around in, but if you skate in them, they'll get thrashed after 1 sesh.
They won't hold up very well.

Thanks Buh buh. Ill take them back. I dont want shitty shoes that wont last. I'll get some Emericas. :D

buh_buh
02-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Well I'm still wearing them if that counts for anything. Haha.
They've taken 2 years of abuse.
But Osiris doesn't make the best quality shoes.

bosa
02-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Well I'm still wearing them if that counts for anything. Haha.
They've taken 2 years of abuse.
But Osiris doesn't make the best quality shoes.

Yah,but you said they were good for walking but not skating. If I skate every day basically,then they wont last long...

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-16-2003, 03:12 PM
its not that they wear quik, they just suck

bosa
02-16-2003, 03:13 PM
This is what I'm looking at getting. :D Emericas are great shoes!

Sorry if its a little big.
http://www.emericaskate.com/shoes/templeton2/big.jpg

mrmattyk
02-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk
I think you are good as long as you take care of them (spray and clean, and use protectant spray if they are white). Those shoes tend to last. You just want to avoid some DC's, Vans and Emerica.

Go ahead and ignore what I have to say. If your Emerica's fall apart dont complain to me

bosa
02-16-2003, 04:19 PM
I wasn't ignoring it. I was just focusing on the majority of opinions said by fellow beyond members about the shoes. But I'm still deciding wether or not to keep them. And also mrmattyk,you said you basically suppose they would last,if I took "great" care of them.

Edit:
You just want to avoid some DC's, Vans and Emerica.

I know that DC's and Vans suck old man ass,but why Emerica's? :dunno: I've heard only good things about them from my friends who have worn them. But of course after a few months they are going to get worn out.

mrmattyk
02-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by civicLVR
I wasn't ignoring it. I was just focusing on the majority of opinions said by fellow beyond members about the shoes. But I'm still deciding wether or not to keep them.

I am just saying Emerica's are terrible, and you are thinking of getting them. My friend went through a pair in 3 days, no lie.

bosa
02-16-2003, 04:25 PM
My friend went through a pair in 3 days, no lie.

What could he have done to go through a pair so quick? :dunno: :confused:

bosa
02-16-2003, 07:12 PM

My friends that have worn them, they seem to last.

Do your friends skate alot like me,where the shoes will take a beating? :dunno:

kenny
02-16-2003, 07:24 PM
haha I wear those Osiris shoes and yeah I guess im a "poser" lol cuz i dont skate. They're just super comfortable for walking around in thats why I got em :) they look great in all black imo!

bol
02-16-2003, 07:31 PM
heh for comfort i couldn't find anything more comfy than these merrel hiking shoes i've got haha

bosa
02-16-2003, 08:14 PM
I have decided. These shoes are cool,so i'll keep them and the bill,and if they start to fall apart i'll take em back. Thanks everyone.

buh_buh
02-16-2003, 08:22 PM
you can't return skate shoes once you've skated in them

bosa
02-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Shit,I forgot about that. :banghead:

SpoonEK9@STRD
02-16-2003, 08:49 PM
emericas are decent shoes, who cares if some one went through a pair of shoes in 3 days...if you skate hard your shoes wont last a week...

circas are the only shoes that will fall a part by just walkin in them... but they are the most pimp.

[GaGe]
02-16-2003, 09:17 PM
i'm gonna get a pair of hawks when it stops snowing.. i'm wearing SMXs right now ($25) hehe. they suck.

mrmattyk
02-17-2003, 12:46 AM
Circas are the best