PDA

View Full Version : Screw You Rest of Canada Cheques

hampstor
10-22-2005, 04:07 PM
saw this on another forum... not sure if it's a repost (couldn't find it when i searched rebate)

http://www.satiresearch.com/go.asp?sid=42505

got a good kick out of the "bc is full of tree hugging hippie potheads" bit :rofl:

l8braker
10-22-2005, 04:17 PM
lol, that's funny. so bitter down there.

old&slow
10-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Ever hear of the Northern allowance?
In north Ontario they are given a special deduction on their income tax for living where they live! We dont!!

Seems kinda bogus to me that people get upset about things being unfair because they live where they live!!

There will always be differences from place to place. Toronto area is great for long hot summers and awesome fall weather
and mild winters! But who wants to be in all that smog just to save a few bucks on energy bills?

/////AMG
10-23-2005, 09:04 AM
:rofl: :rofl: I like!

seer_claw
10-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by old&slow
Ever hear of the Northern allowance?
In north Ontario they are given a special deduction on their income tax for living where they live! We dont!!

Seems kinda bogus to me that people get upset about things being unfair because they live where they live!!

There will always be differences from place to place. Toronto area is great for long hot summers and awesome fall weather
and mild winters! But who wants to be in all that smog just to save a few bucks on energy bills?

People in Alberta get northern living allowance too. But you actually have to live fairly far north. I got it when I was living in Fort McMurray.

Hamann
10-24-2005, 01:00 PM
:rofl:

dufferson
10-24-2005, 01:25 PM
There was something on the news about Alaska getting checques like that since about 1980 once a year for around $1200 canadian. People will always complain.

yohan4ws
10-24-2005, 01:31 PM
The sask cheque would be funnier if it were:

"You should have moved here sooner"