PDA

View Full Version : Can Imports and Domestics Get along?

Vypros
10-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Well, that's my goal with www.idtuners.com

I've finally got the forum up and running nicely and should have the site finished this month. It's not going to be as indepth or exiciting as other sites being shown on this forum, but that's not my goal.

I'm going to go out on a limb with this site here to see if I can make a community where Import and Domestic owners can go out, have a good time, drive together, attend events and meets together, without giving eachother grief. I see alot of that on this forum. I see way to often "Honda > *" and I drive a cavalier (I've been flamed for it lol) which sucks.

So if you guys want, you can click the link at the top of this post or the link in my signature. I'm really only trying to start something NEW here.

Thanks for your time Beyond.

EK 2.0
10-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Listen J-Body, J-crew wannabe...kidding.

I think they can co-exist as a cohesive unit...but there are always them nukkas who ac-t like they be better than the others...*cough cough* Mustang drivers...hahaha kidding...

good luck with your forum...

brandon
10-22-2005, 05:03 PM
If you want them to co-exist side by side then why group them off in different forum categories? eg; Domestic Showroom, Import Showrooom?

Isn't that just another seperation between the two groups?

Nevermind the fact that most people don't like domestic drivers because of the attitude that runs with it. (ie: my mustang is the coolest fastest thing around, I have 8 cylinders and you have 4) blah blah same with jbodys!!! But don't worry the same people hate ricers as well!!

So don't worry us haters will continue to hate BOTH sides ;)

Vypros
10-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by brandon
If you want them to co-exist side by side then why group them off in different forum categories? eg; Domestic Showroom, Import Showrooom?

Isn't that just another seperation between the two groups?

Nevermind the fact that most people don't like domestic drivers because of the attitude that runs with it. (ie: my mustang is the coolest fastest thing around, I have 8 cylinders and you have 4) blah blah same with jbodys!!! But don't worry the same people hate ricers as well!!

So don't worry us haters will continue to hate BOTH sides ;) Lol.

I have the forums divided into different sections to keep it specific. So if you own a honda civic and want to see if there are some cool things you can do with it you can go to the import forum and check, instead of wading through babble.

Once the forum gets bigger, I'll have a better forum management system going and I'll be able to organise things a bit better and unite I's and D's into one place :)

As far as 8cyl > 4 and etc, We'll see how it goes.

I'm hoping that people will see there is no need to discriminate on the basis of what other individuals drive. We'll see what happens.

I've got bigger better plans than just a message forum, but this is a start.

Thanks for checking it out.

Btw, I'm not some jbody cavalier forum copier wannabe ;) I'll be purchasing a new car this winter and it will not be a cavalier lol. As much as I like the 2nd gens, it's still a cavalier.

DannyO
10-22-2005, 05:22 PM
What about for people who live in germany or japan and such, there audis and hondas are domestics and fords and GMs are imports, its all so confusing :nut:

IMO only the uneducated think that all imports are better than domestic, both sides have there good cars and shit cars, just happens to be that import companies don't have as many bad cars as imports, but that is changing I think.

I hate it when people say they hate a certain car, you ask them why and they say its crap cos of *insert reason here* so you ask them about it and they don't know what the fuck there talking about.

pressure_ratio
10-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Sounds interesting.Hopefully this works out.

If I see a nice domestic I'll say so.Just because it's not my thing anymore doesn't mean I don't respect or appreciate them.

I've gotten it a few times cause I drive a Talon.Hell I needed a car,it was a good deal and it 's fun to drive.I'm not a hardcore DSM'r nor do I think it's the greatest thing in the world.

I've noticed a lot of people hating on JDM lately.Going on about them all being beat,junk or it's a fad!Sorry,the same could be said for Hondas,muscle cars and even the van craze from the 70's.

I dunno,some peoples ignorance just baffles me.If you don't like something,have a good reson for it.Something beyond they suck cause everyone else says so!

cman
10-22-2005, 10:32 PM
good luck with the new forum Dave, ill be on there for sure.
who cares if its a domestic or import.
when im done school in 2 years one of my first purchases will be a new car, it WONT be a cavalier(will keep as winter beeter) and also probably not a domestic. you know the power house i am considering Dave;)
that being said, i respect a car for the work and creativity that went into it, not the company it is.

habsfan
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
i've joined on, i really like the idea of a non hating forum, as long as it can be well moderated and any haters are found and warned/banned in a timely matter. oh, and i'm gonna try to expand it in my region if thats ok, i always feel so alone in these calgary based forums :D

89coupe
10-23-2005, 12:30 AM
There is already a domestic/import site. Mine :D

403Gemini
10-23-2005, 12:58 AM
this forum is quite import/domestic friendly. fuck i drive a saturn and i get along with basically everybody :)

edit: but people love me for my sig, thats all :( lol (oh and weapon_r says, cause i have a hot gf haha)

schurchill39
10-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
this forum is quite import/domestic friendly. fuck i drive a saturn and i get along with basically everybody :)

edit: but people love me for my sig, thats all :( lol (oh and weapon_r says, cause i have a hot gf haha)

How can any one get mad at you with a sig like that?

BerserkerCatSplat
10-25-2005, 04:14 PM
(oh and weapon_r says, cause i have a hot gf haha)

PICS!!! ;) :D

finboy
10-25-2005, 04:17 PM
domestics suckzorzzzzzzz :thumbsdow

stevieo
10-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by finboy

you finally get it..haha jk adam

ecstasy_civic
10-25-2005, 04:21 PM

you do man lol

I want a look a like;):rofl: :angel:

fast95pony
10-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Imports suck !

Mustangs rule !!
:burnout:

Feel the :love:
:D

QuasarCav
10-25-2005, 04:51 PM
No

DJ Lazy
10-25-2005, 10:10 PM

Best post in this thread.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
10-25-2005, 10:39 PM
IMO the import vs. domestic argument is outdated because it usually referred to muscle car vs. sport compact. Nowadays, many imports and domestics are sport compacts and the argument doesn't really apply anymore.

I'd hazard a guess that the flaming you receive has less to do with your car being domestic rather than your car being a poorly put together econobox.

JordanLotoski
10-25-2005, 10:40 PM
wonder how fast i can get banned...:D

403Gemini
10-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
wonder how fast i can get banned...:D

well you and i havent been banned yet... lol

Mad$ella
10-26-2005, 12:54 AM
When my stang is supercharged, and pushing 500 rwhp I will not be able to get along with any imports. Specially those SRT-4 guys... Booooooooo

finboy
10-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
When my stang is supercharged, and pushing 500 rwhp I will not be able to get along with any imports. Specially those SRT-4 guys... Booooooooo

because after all that work, zfan's car will still PWN JOOOOOOO!!!!! :D

fast95pony
10-26-2005, 09:22 AM

Let's remember this statement...:)

I'd be inclined to wait until the car is up and running reliably with a dyno sheet before making any more comments..;)

GTS Jeff
10-26-2005, 11:34 AM
When my stang is supercharged, and pushing 500 rwhp I will not be able to get along with any imports. Specially those SRT-4 guys... Booooooooo Did you just call an SRT-4 an import?

abyss
10-26-2005, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Did you just call an SRT-4 an import?

:rofl: :rofl: :banghead:

BerserkerCatSplat
10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Did you just call an SRT-4 an import?

I just kinda assumed he was joking.

...You were joking, weren't you, Madsella? :rofl:

m10-power
10-26-2005, 06:50 PM
My import chassis get's along great with my domestic drivetrain. :burnout:

Vypros
10-26-2005, 06:52 PM
You guys totally butchered this thread :(

Sharpie
10-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Vypros
You guys totally butchered this thread :(
Thats beyond for you.

403Gemini
10-26-2005, 07:36 PM
what was this thread about again? something about jesus?

Sharpie
10-26-2005, 07:47 PM
what was this thread about again? something about jesus?
No it was about Moses.:D

403Gemini
10-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

thats right!

helluva beard that man had hey?

Pee_Sack
10-26-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

hell i thought they were one and the same?

GTS Jeff
10-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I think Moses was Jesus' uncle or something...

That's why whenever Moses beat baby Jesus, baby Jesus would cry, "Uncle! Uncle!"

403Gemini
10-26-2005, 08:25 PM
I think it comes down to the ultimate question....

Jesus vs Moses?

Son of God vs Man who God has his back?

finboy
10-27-2005, 11:33 AM
pft, i saw the family guy movie, jesus was a sham

403Gemini
10-28-2005, 08:42 PM
pft, i saw the family guy movie, jesus was a sham

exactally what i was thinking... hahahaha