PDA

View Full Version : SE S710a Cell - reception on fido?

Gurpy
10-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey,

Is anyone using the Sony Ericsson S710A on fido, if so hows the reception?

philipoo
10-24-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm pretty sure they only sell these phones for Rogers... You'll have to unlock the phone to use a fido provider

Thaco
10-24-2005, 06:33 PM
fido runs on rogers towers full tiem now, so it'll be the same as rogers reception.

Gurpy
10-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Ohh cool, thanks everyone.

BebeAphrodite
10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
fido runs on rogers towers full tiem now, so it'll be the same as rogers reception.

I thought u have to pay $5 extra?

Thaco
10-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

I thought u have to pay $5 extra?

i thought so too but my and my wifes reception is very very good and our phones always say rogers on them.., i think they merged everyhting.

Chester
10-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Yep, you have to pay an extra 5 bucks. The reason your phones say rogers on them is because Rogers and Fido have been integrating for the past month.:)

Weapon_R
10-25-2005, 08:34 PM
I dont think you have to pay anymore. Fido will not be getting any phones without the 850mhz band, so I assume us Fido customers are using the Rogers network.

Thaco
10-25-2005, 09:56 PM
i am not and have not paid the $5 and my phone always says rogers.

Gurpy
10-25-2005, 10:00 PM
I think with the 5 extra a month fido isnt an option unless you actually search for networks. I pay the 5 extra because fido reception is absolute crap, and my phone is on rogers 24/7 now, never asks me to go to fido like it did before. I wish they told me about that before - I spent HOURS on the phone complaining about reception trying to get out of the damn contract.

EmJay
10-25-2005, 10:52 PM
I got the s710 on the rogers network and havent really had any issues with connectivity. I work quite abit outside of calgary too and havent had to many problems so a :thumbsup: for the coverage. But the one problem with rogers has been that every now and then my txt messages are getting dropped either people wont receive mine or i dont receive the ones that where sent to me. It happens from time to time but its still annoying. Also for some strange reason, and this actually happens quite abit to me when people call me sometimes they get a busy signal when im not on the phone or they get a "all the connections are full at the moment please call back at a later time" i've called rogers about it a few times but it still seams like they havent done anything to resolve the issue. It only happens with incoming calls, outgoing calls work perfectly fine. So i dunno whats the problem with that but hopefully it gets resolved some time soon. Anyone else experience these problems?

emjay