PDA

View Full Version : Nissan SE-R V

Weapon_R
07-02-2002, 10:34 AM
What do these cars put out? Are they worth it to look into? Any other vehicles in this price range worthwhile? I'm looking into trading my car for a new one and was interested to see what you guys/girls thought of this. Thanks

celica girl
07-02-2002, 10:36 AM
I'll be racing my friend who has a new Spec-V this friday at RaceCity... come out and watch if you like....

Redlyne_mr2
07-02-2002, 10:40 AM
they come with alot of options and are only around 27 g's, they're torquey as hell but dont have very good top end (intake and exhaust might fix that), Great car for the money though...17's rockford fosgate sterreo, 170 some horses, 4 wheel discs, skyline style seats, great little car

celica girl
07-02-2002, 10:41 AM
My friends were saying that some people on the sentra forums pulled out the rockford fosgate sterreo and it says Clarion on it...

For the price of a spec-v you can get a ceilca gt! hehe

Weapon_R
07-02-2002, 10:45 AM
They are only 21000 or so brand new - Checking the website, they are putting out 175HP which is pretty sweet. They seem to be pretty well equipped for that price, and the RF stereo is always a plus!

eludeu
07-02-2002, 10:59 AM
GO FOR IT!!! These are awsome cars, I've driven my friends Spec-V with 4 people in it and it still was fast! Tons of torque, lots of power, best bang for the buck in its market.

celica girl
07-02-2002, 11:07 AM
I could be wrong but don't you only get the rockford fossgate with the sport package??? Along with the roof, sub, rims.... with the sport package you will be looking at about $27,000

celica girl
07-02-2002, 11:08 AM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/f207/

Here is a link to the Sentra Forums...

Ferio_vti
07-02-2002, 11:08 AM
Very sweet machine. Only 4 banger to have more torque, 180 than HPs.

Weapon_R
07-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by celica girl
I could be wrong but don't you only get the rockford fossgate with the sport package??? Along with the roof, sub, rims.... with the sport package you will be looking at about $27,000

Just checking out Nissan's website - the base is about 21,500 and the sports package is another 2500 - so probably including all the dealer fees and tax, you will be pushing nearly $27000.

Redlyne_mr2
07-02-2002, 11:37 AM
yes thats why I originally said 27..great deal!!!

G
07-02-2002, 11:51 AM
My friends were saying that some people on the sentra forums pulled out the rockford fosgate sterreo and it says Clarion on it...

For the price of a spec-v you can get a ceilca gt! hehe

The Spec V will out run the gt with no mods.

Redlyne_mr2
07-02-2002, 11:56 AM
I hate to say this too being all pro toyota, but with the spec v you get a way better deal:dunno:

celica girl
07-02-2002, 11:57 AM
My friends have the AEM CAI and the N-1 Exhaust... I have a AEM CAI and TRD Exhaust... I'm not saying I'll win... but it should be a fun race...

I am biased but the celica looks much nicer than the spec-v... hehe :clap:

G
07-02-2002, 11:59 AM
It's Nissan's new way of doing things to give you so much more than any other car in the same class for a lot less money

Altima
Spec V
G35
Q45
QX4

G
07-02-2002, 12:01 PM
My friends have the AEM CAI and the N-1 Exhaust... I have a AEM CAI and TRD Exhaust... I'm not saying I'll win... but it should be a fun race...

I really believe that buying a car should be based on your personal preferences. As long as you like your car who cares what other people think.

HRD2PLZ
07-02-2002, 12:04 PM
I think the Spec V's look better than the Celica's. Not a huge fan of any of the new Toyota's (which is a shame cuz I used to be). I'm looking at the Spec-V and the Altima 3.5SE in the Nissan line up anyway.

4wheeldrift
07-02-2002, 12:12 PM
Having seen a Spec V run solo 2 I was incredibly impressed. That car handles extremely well, and goes pretty good all things considered. The interiors are super nice, and quite roomy to boot. The Spec V is a hell of a deal from any perspective really.

mwmhong
07-02-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I think the Spec V's look better than the Celica's. Not a huge fan of any of the new Toyota's (which is a shame cuz I used to be). I'm looking at the Spec-V and the Altima 3.5SE in the Nissan line up anyway.

How can you say that? The Celica looks WAY sleeker and sportier than the Nissan, which looks like a brick. Problem is I can't fit in a Celica (headroom! legroom!)
:(
Those cars are midget-mobiles, while the Nissan has much more space.

2000impreza
07-02-2002, 12:51 PM
celica GT's only have 140hp but they are pretty fast since they only weigh 2450lbs. plus 2 doors :bigpimp: .

haven't seen the sentra around much. i don't think they look the best but pretty decent car.

Redlyne_mr2
07-02-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
celica GT's only have 140hp but they are pretty fast since they only weigh 2450lbs. plus 2 doors :bigpimp: .

haven't seen the sentra around much. i don't think they look the best but pretty decent car.
umm dude the gt's arent fast sorry...the gts arent even fast

Weapon_R
07-02-2002, 01:06 PM
THey are pretty hot cars, and they can be made to go quickly as i've seen on that link Celica Girl added - some people have gotten them into the high 14's, which is awesome for a 4 banger nissan. Straddle that beast with a 60 shot nos kit and you'll be doin pretty sweet numbers :)

Madmax
07-02-2002, 01:07 PM
SE-R Spec-V. are comming on 17's with the 175HP and 180 p/torque. As far as option I'm not quite sure, I was gonna buy one but had a crash this winter with my car. (Decided to repaint the car and keep it). Anyway as for the price, with the power and all the option that you can get, there is no other car in the same price range that will give as much performance and option. I've tried an automatic SE-R (165HP I think, 16's) and the car is really fun to drive, handle pretty good.

Weapon_R
07-02-2002, 01:11 PM
Now i've also seen a 1998 nissan 200SX - R for sale in the bargain finder - seems like a bargain at 13,000obo. What do these things push, and how do they compare to the SE-R Spec-V?

2000impreza
07-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

umm dude the gt's arent fast sorry...the gts arent even fast

GT's can hit high 14's at sealevel with bolt on's. thats not fast for a 140hp car?

celica girl
07-02-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by GSpot

I really believe that buying a car should be based on your personal preferences. As long as you like your car who cares what other people think.

I agree... I love my baby... with the CAI and the exhaust I manged to run a 16.5 at race city... which I'm told isn't bad for a GT...

Madmax
07-02-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Now i've also seen a 1998 nissan 200SX - R for sale in the bargain finder - seems like a bargain at 13,000obo. What do these things push, and how do they compare to the SE-R Spec-V?

The 200SX SE-R as 140HP and I don't remember the torque. The SE-R is way lighter but I can't tell if it's faster or not. The SE-R (200SX) is comming with the SR20DE and the SE-R V is comming with a 2.5L (Don't remember the engine code). You can get turbo set up for the 200SX pretty easily and you can get a supercharge for the SE-R V.

boi-alien
07-02-2002, 04:25 PM

well, i think i'll have to agree with celica girl on this one... the spec-v is a wonderful machine, definitely the best bang for the buck for it's class... but the celica wins me over with nicer styling. it just looks more refined than the spec-v.... :D

speedracer
07-02-2002, 04:37 PM
Celica GTS - fast cars. Just difficult to drive to make them fast.

V Spec : LSD :clap:
I do have to say that car does look to be competitive for Solo 2.

Then again I'd put money down on the Type R :hitit: or the ACR family :bigpimp:

celica girl
07-02-2002, 05:28 PM
speedracer... are you gonna come out to race city on friday to watch me run?

speedracer
07-02-2002, 05:36 PM

Don't think I will have time. I will be packing for Red Deer :clap: I'll try!

celica girl
07-02-2002, 05:36 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Who needs to pack for Red Deer? :confused: lol

T5_X
07-02-2002, 07:01 PM
spec v is not in competition with celica's, it's most direct competition would be:

Jetta VR6, Subaru 2.5 RS, Neon R/T, Mazda MP3.

Straight line, it rapes all these cars stock... Just watch out for torque steer!

Don't forget: 6 speed!!

4wheeldrift
07-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
spec v is not in competition with celica's, it's most direct competition would be:

Jetta VR6, Subaru 2.5 RS, Neon R/T, Mazda MP3.

Straight line, it rapes all these cars stock... Just watch out for torque steer!

Don't forget: 6 speed!!

I would hardly say the Spec V "rapes" all those cars stock. It is better, but in most cases only slightly. Just to use the RS as an example, its .3 faster down the quarter, and only pulls .04 more Gs on the skidpad. There's a reason why the SCCA classes all of the above cars in G stock for solo 2, because they are all good matches, no one vehicle is an overdog compared to the others.

Dyinghere
07-02-2002, 08:22 PM
i personally dont really like the look of sentra.. .. interior and exterior..

Wasky
07-02-2002, 08:31 PM
My buddy just bought one not to long ago. Its a good little car I like it. Great bang for your buck, the car is pretty quick and handels quite well. The 17's look great and the interior isn't to bad, dont like the look of the gauges tho. I really dont like the gear box at all, feels to slugish and its "guess again" gears. Agaisn't my car its a nice race, I dont rape him to bad ;)

2K255HP
07-02-2002, 08:33 PM
It has a lot of torque off the line thats for sure
Toyota engines have a higher redline which results in them being more powerful in the high end
Redline for the Spec-V should be around 6,500 as with most Nissan engines
Suspension in the Spec-V is still the multilink they use in the Maxmia, the 6 speed is also the same unit offerend in the Maxima which many people have said is petty notchy
It is a good bang for buck car but the lava colored seats in the Spec-V are just hideious but to each his own i guess

Its a tight car thats for sure
it was originally one of my choices spend less and mod more or spend more and mod less

option 2 was my choice :D

HRD2PLZ
07-02-2002, 09:18 PM
My cousin has a 01 Celica GT and when he first got it we went crusing. I guess it doesn't help that I don't want a 2 door car next. Thats probably why I'm siding with the Sentra :dunno:

speedracer
07-02-2002, 09:25 PM

That doesn't sound right. 26XX would make more sense.

That number is pretty close to my vehical weight.

Celica Girl: Some of us need beauty sleep and you know some of us drive slow cars so the trip to Red Deer may take a while :woot:

As for G stock - the season will tell if there is a mis matched car.

I already see the H class for the Mini is incorrect. Should be D or G.

boi-alien
07-02-2002, 09:47 PM

psst!! i'll come i'll come!!! what happened last week?!?!

GTS Jeff
07-02-2002, 09:50 PM
An RSX would give the SpecV a bit more fair competition.

celica girl
07-02-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

psst!! i'll come i'll come!!! what happened last week?!?!

Sorry... something came up.. but I'll be there for sure this Friday... I can't wait to meet you!

My whole point to replying to this thread was to tell Weapon R that I would be racing my friend on friday in his Spec V and to promote the celica (there can never be too many of those... hehe ;) )... I never said that it would be a fair match between the two of us but that it would be fun... I hope that nobody thinks I am saying I can smoke the Sentra or anything... but if you guys really want to see a race there will be a GT-S there with the same bolt on mods to race the Spec-V as well... it's all in good fun...

RGAGT
07-02-2002, 10:16 PM
Have to agree with celica girl the Celica is better looking then the spec v

StraightFlush
07-02-2002, 10:43 PM
I don't know about the rest of the people here...but all the times I have seen on the net for the spec v, real drivers not mags, have hit anywhere between mid to high 15's sea level. Run that same car in Calgary, and add another .7 atleast. So that would mean the spec v will run a low 16 sec pass here at Race City. Jackie's best is also low to mid 16's here.

I would love to watch the spec v run here...but I have a funny feeling it wont break 15's...sorry guys, I would love to be proven wrong on Friday!

2000impreza
07-02-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

That doesn't sound right. 26XX would make more sense.

That number is pretty close to my vehical weight.

the curb weight of the celica GT 5-speed is 2425lbs. check out the specs at www.toyota.ca . with a good driver the celica GT is not that slow.

speedracer
07-03-2002, 02:37 AM

the curb weight of the celica GT 5-speed is 2425lbs. check out the specs at www.toyota.ca . with a good driver the celica GT is not that slow.

In no way did I mean to claim the number as false (not an attack). Each manufacturer calculates curb weight differently.

I've had this argument with someone before - Way back when the GT and GTS came out. It was settled with a trip to the weigh station.

lammer
07-03-2002, 02:48 AM
I want that car..but as of right now..i can't afford it. we just moved out to a newer home so im gonna ahve to wait :(

2000impreza
07-03-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by speedracer

snip
It was settled with a trip to the weigh station.

i guess thats fair. so how much did the ACR and celica weigh?

celica girl
07-03-2002, 11:55 AM
I weighed my car at a weigh station but I can't remember how much it was...

kevie88
07-03-2002, 12:03 PM
heh.. I drove the first red Spec V that Brasso Nissan got right before they sold it. I didn't think that much of it but if I was looking for a new car I'd probably get one of those, the LSD is nice!

I bagged it pretty hard , and the salesman kept making these little 'eep!' noises after I got back on the gas after turn-in.. Distracting!!

Redlyne_Celica
07-03-2002, 02:51 PM
That does it Ryan I am gonna have to smack you around next time I see you downtown. Hehe

Fast is relative, but it doesn't matter how fast you are it's not fast enough. What 4 banger is grossly faster than another similarly modded?

Redlyne_mr2
07-03-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_Celica
That does it Ryan I am gonna have to smack you around next time I see you downtown. Hehe

Fast is relative, but it doesn't matter how fast you are it's not fast enough. What 4 banger is grossly faster than another similarly modded?
bring it on biatch hahahaha:rofl: , ya your so right , fast is relative, some people consider fast alot differently than other people, celicas, supras, mr2's rx7, are considered quick cars, imao, ..they can be made fast but what exactly is fast?

4wheeldrift
07-04-2002, 07:02 AM
Teresa's Spec V got the living hell bagged out of it last night at the solo 2 by numerous drivers, and everyone seemed to love the car. Several of the mustang guys were instant converts. She offered to let me drive it but I didn't have time :banghead:

Civic_Girl
07-06-2002, 06:59 PM

Redlyne_Celica
07-06-2002, 07:00 PM
So it seems I've heard the Spec-V got beat by the Celica GT, looks like you all need to give the Celica's a little more respect now.

pr5owner
07-06-2002, 07:13 PM

nothing is fast in a strait line until you run <10 in the žmile
nothing is fast in the twisties until you pull off a 1.2G skidpad rating
nothing is fast until you are able to beat an F1 car on a track

StraightFlush
07-06-2002, 08:37 PM
I knew the spec v couldnt hit a 15sec pass here... :)

The track in Calgary is waaay tougher than people think!

And a big congrats to Jackie...she was hitting awesome times for a 140hp car!

celica girl
07-07-2002, 12:34 AM
hehe... awww... it was nothing... lol... :p

Toms-Celica
07-07-2002, 01:46 AM
Good job Jackie!!!
Nice try V-Spec, ahahaha!
:D

REdOX
07-08-2002, 04:28 AM
hehe.. so quiet all of a sudden..?

4wheeldrift
07-08-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by pr5owner

Wow, with standards like that why even bother modifying your car? :confused: Guess your neon kit is helping you meet those goals better than any actual performance mods would :burnout:

Redlyne_Celica
07-08-2002, 10:12 AM
Yes PR5 I disagree with that as well, for one how many street legal cars are roaming around that pull under 10 in the 1/4, and the F1 thing is ridiculous.

Weapon_R
07-08-2002, 11:09 AM

Nothing is fast, unless you have a protege 5 :barf:

speedracer
07-08-2002, 11:20 AM

I come close... so does that make me semi fast? :D

Toms-Celica
07-08-2002, 12:51 PM
Did I mention how a Celica GT beat a Spec V?

celica girl
07-08-2002, 01:06 PM
:clap:

pr5owner
07-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

Wow, with standards like that why even bother modifying your car? :confused: Guess your neon kit is helping you meet those goals better than any actual performance mods would :burnout:

when was the first/last time i said my car was fast? oh wait,. have i ever said my car was fast? no.. i don't think so, i get 29mpg and thats what i want because i work all over calgary.

i don't believe i ever said i wanted to race my car either, fuck, racing is a waste of money, i would rather spend the money on SQ components, engine mods = money, SQ = less money.

with the modifying the car point, i was just stating that some people think their car is the fastest car on earth (you know who you ppl are) they think they can beat any other car out their which is BS.

pr5owner
07-08-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Nothing is fast, unless you have a protege 5 :barf:

once again you throw words around like your retarded, i never once said my car was fast, stop trying to imply that i said it

pr5owner
07-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Yes PR5 I disagree with that as well, for one how many street legal cars are roaming around that pull under 10 in the 1/4, and the F1 thing is ridiculous.

i don't know any in calgary that can pull under a 10s žmile, fastest honda i saw was a little 90's civic hb that was pulling 13.9-14 flat, don't rmember who was driving it but i saw him at racecity. as for domestics ive only seen a 96 mustang GT? pull around a 12-12.3.

4wheeldrift
07-08-2002, 02:19 PM

i don't believe i ever said i wanted to race my car either, fuck, racing is a waste of money, i would rather spend the money on SQ components, engine mods = money, SQ = less money.

I don't see how decible drag racing is any cheaper than real racing. The end result is about the same. A race car is undrivable on the street, and by the time you are done with all your stereo equipment you can't sit in the car and enjoy it because of all the EMR and the volume would deafen you. I blow $10k on my car and enjoy driving it on the track, you spend $10k and end up with a rolling cancer node. Its all pretty much flushing money down the toilet, but at least we get some enjoyment out of doing so.

pr5owner
07-08-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

I don't see how decible drag racing is any cheaper than real racing. The end result is about the same. A race car is undrivable on the street, and by the time you are done with all your stereo equipment you can't sit in the car and enjoy it because of all the EMR and the volume would deafen you. I blow $10k on my car and enjoy driving it on the track, you spend $10k and end up with a rolling cancer node. Its all pretty much flushing money down the toilet, but at least we get some enjoyment out of doing so.

uhh no not SPL, i just want a good quality stereo for my car, not ghetto bass that can shatter windows. if you only have 2 grand to spend on a car i would go for a good audio setup, if i had 5 i would go for both audio and some small performance upgrades. i tend not to spend the value of the car again on the same car

Toms-Celica
07-08-2002, 02:29 PM
http://www.lamer.net/owned-cat.jpg

REdOX
07-08-2002, 03:04 PM
LOL :thumbsup:

legendboy
07-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
http://www.lamer.net/owned-cat.jpg

lol

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2002, 03:55 PM
hahahahahahahahahahah...that pic is so mean but hilarious

VTEC_Junkie
07-08-2002, 06:11 PM
pr5owner you have to be the stupidest person i have ever encounterd...... you claim your not fast untill youv run a 10.........but you know what....since you ramble on abought fast you must want to go fast! witch brings me to my question why the fuck did you spend neer 30 grand on a p5 and you say rice very freely when you have a STOCK p5 with a underglow kit?!?!?!?!? make sure you get some seat covers as your next mod man!!!!! phat!

Redlyne_Celica
07-08-2002, 08:33 PM
But in all I think the point here was how the Celica GT abused the Spec V.

Just to bring you all back on track.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
07-08-2002, 08:38 PM
But in all I think the point here was how the Celica GT abused the Spec V.

Just to bring you all back on track.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But who's to say it wasn't purely driver related? (ie good driver in the celica and shitty one in the Spec V).

Redlyne_Celica
07-08-2002, 11:13 PM
Haha we were discussing that on our forum. Drag racing is always a drivers game indeed.

We just like to rub it in when we can, ppl don't tend to give the Celica GT enough credit.

But yah it's all about the driver, even a good driver has bad days, and so on.

todaB18c5
07-09-2002, 11:31 PM
Conclusion:

SE-RSpec V, dope car all round...

Celica GT *yawn* old news... stop comparing them... ones a 4 door.

Should be compared with Mazda Mp3

REdOX
07-10-2002, 01:37 AM
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jeffcruz/misc/threadinflames.jpg