PDA

View Full Version : 993 Turbo Questions

Sunburst_Spec_V
10-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Hey guys,

I work at a Nissan dealership and we have the owners Arena Red 1996 911 turbo for sale and I am somewhat knowledgeable about the car but what I don't know is some of the packages. I know this one has the factory approved lowered suspension with Bilstein components and the sport seats. I was wondering if the were package names for some of the different options on this car. I am just curious to know what separates ours from other ones on the market.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks guys

Redlyne_mr2
10-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Hey Chris like I told you that car came with teh m030 package. All 993 turbos in North America came with that package. The sport seats were also standard I believe in the turbo. With Porsches the options are purchased individually so there is no actual pacakge names. The best thing you could do to find out what exact options the car has is to call Porsche NA and give them the vin. They will let you know what the car came equipped with.

Sunburst_Spec_V
10-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Hey Ryan I am under the impression the lowered was dealer installed, but not positve it was what they called the factory approved kit. Also the sport seats are different then the other 993 we inquired about when we got this one. Perhaps they are considered race seats I don't know.

I am kind of curious what options are common and what ones aren't. Whether anyone knows if there are certain options that are more sot after.

Anyways thanks Ryan I forgot what you said that package was and I hadn't seen you online for awhile to ask.

Zero102
10-24-2005, 11:46 AM
http://forums.rennlist.com

Seek and ye shall find.

That has to be the single biggest porsche forum out there, and there are many many knowledgeable people over there.

I rather suspect that all late 911 turbos came with M030, but I don't know for certain.
LSD is a common option, and highly desired. Check the option codes sticker :)

Tuner1
10-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Hey Chris like I told you that car came with teh m030 package. All 993 turbos in North America came with that package. The sport seats were also standard I believe in the turbo.

The ROW (rest of world) suspension is still a bit lower than the North American M030 stuff, maybe this is what the car has? Otherwise it probably has Bilstein HD dampers with aftermarket springs.

Sport seats were not standard in the 993TT.

Good luck with the sale. I have a customer with a beautiful Arena 993TT and I always enjoy driving it.

Rob

Redlyne_mr2
10-24-2005, 02:24 PM
My mistake I thought the sports seat came standard..let me rephrase myself...the sports seats should have come standard:D If I remember the car correctly Chris that stance is the same as a standard 993tt but like Rob said if you do find thats its lower then it might be an aftermarket setup. One thing you might want to look into is wether or not the car has LSD as Zero102 mentioned as well as note the small little amenities like heated seats, cruise etc.

C4S
10-24-2005, 06:03 PM
All the options should be listed on the hood ..

Very very nice car .. but .. arena red .. um .. what is interior colour? beige?

:D

Redlyne_mr2
10-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by C4S
All the options should be listed on the hood ..

Very very nice car .. but .. arena red .. um .. what is interior colour? beige?

:D
Its black IIRC..thats the one I was telling you that my friend has for sale.

Sunburst_Spec_V
10-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah we looked at one with beige when we got this one it only had 32K and had the standard seats. This one has 56K km and is in nice shape just had a $5500 service done. I am going to check under the hood. Also find out if it has the LSD.

Thanks guys.

Sunburst_Spec_V
10-25-2005, 01:53 PM
http://gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=Sunburst_Spec_V&pic=911Turbowithspecvand300zx.jpg

Here's a pic to show the height. Like I said before it's been reffered to as a Factory Approved lowering.

Tuner1
10-25-2005, 03:42 PM
The car in your photo is lower than the standard North American ride height. I would say it either has Porsche ROW springs or Eibach Prokits.

Rob

Sunburst_Spec_V
10-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Tuner1
The car in your photo is lower than the standard North American ride height. I would say it either has Porsche ROW springs or Eibach Prokits.

Rob

It's not Eibach. What is the ROW Springs? I know its Bilstein strut/shocks.

Sunburst_Spec_V
10-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Sorry I realized ROW is Rest of World. Thanks all for the help.