PDA

View Full Version : SRT4 Neon Soon to see Canadian Soil

speedracer
02-16-2003, 06:52 PM
Now all they need to do is re release an ACR for Canada. That would be a killer combo. Force Induction + all the racing goodies :) .

Click here for Press Release (http://www.neons.org/canada/srt4.pdf)

Too lazy to scan it what I got in the mail. I have better news too but I can't say anything until it's finalized :)

STI-Guy
02-16-2003, 06:56 PM
I rather have a WRX.

jdmakkord
02-16-2003, 07:00 PM
too bad the neon is around 10g's less, and just as fast too!

STI-Guy
02-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Around 4k less. But the Neon 1) is ugly 2) can't handle and 3) doesn't have AWD.

speedracer
02-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by STI-Guy
Around 4k less. But the Neon 1) is ugly 2) can't handle and 3) doesn't have AWD.

1) Have you looked at the current WRX? See anything in common?
2) Riiiiiiiiiight ... If you say so.:rolleyes:
3) It's coming ;)

davidI
02-16-2003, 07:39 PM
I think it will be sweet. Finally the domestic companies are doing something good...

Fuji
02-16-2003, 08:17 PM
NOoooOOOOO... That means I HAVE to boost now!!!

Can't let a Neon destroy me :)

FiveFreshFish
02-16-2003, 09:43 PM
0 - 100 in 5.9 seconds. That's quick!

ecstasy_civic
02-16-2003, 09:47 PM
i want one!

:eek: i cant believe i said i want a neon:banghead:
j/k i kinda like the srt.

5.9 R/T
02-16-2003, 10:02 PM

1) personal opinion
2) how do you know? driven one lately?
3) so it can't go rallying, woopdity do!

Glowrider
02-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Saw one at my local Dodge dealer last week. It's OK looking I guess. I wouldn't buy one, but still a cool idea.

ecstasy_civic
02-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

1) personal opinion
2) how do you know? driven one lately?

im with you on that one. its totally about personal prefrense.

5.9 R/T
02-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider
I wouldn't buy one, but still a cool idea.

Well no shit, you drive an M3.

fast95pony
02-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Hmm..

1. New drivers with 215 hp at the front wheels.

2. Insurance ??

3. Dealer mark up ??

I think it will do well,but I bet a lot will get wrecked (a la Mustang/Camaro..) and saying it's the second fastest car in Dodge's line-up doesn't say much for the rest of it's cars !!

mwmhong
02-16-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
Now all they need to do is re release an ACR for Canada. That would be a killer combo.

Isn't Mopar going to offer ACR suspension mods for the SRT-4?
If you need the ACR decals, you can talk to 'you-know-who' :rofl:

Originally posted by fast95pony
and saying it's the second fastest car in Dodge's line-up doesn't say much for the rest of it's cars !!

What's really funny is that back in 1995, the neon was also the 2nd fastest car too! :)
(The Viper was #1).

Neon SRT=lord of the bottom-feeders! :clap:
Waiting to see what Ford and Chevy come out with to compete!

ecstasy_civic
02-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

If you need the ACR decals, you can talk to 'you-know-who' :rofl:

What's really funny is that back in 1995, the neon was also the 2nd fastest car too! :)
(The Viper was #1).

Neon SRT=lord of the bottom-feeders! :clap:
Waiting to see what Ford and Chevy come out with to compete!

:clap: :clap: i can always count on you for a good laugh about neons lol. good one:thumbsup:

Hollywood
02-16-2003, 11:32 PM

Hehe 4 sure. It will hurt when you get smoked by a neon....

But all that power and no LSD is a negative aspect of the car. I'm not just saying this because that's what the magazines say but I used to own a spec V 180 torque 175HP, and without that beautiful helical LSD, the cars wheel hp and torque steer would be way worse, and that neon's numbers are wayyy over that.

Decent car, nice job, but north america just can't compete to vehicles made in japan and imported....quality wise.

ecstasyracer
02-16-2003, 11:33 PM

Acutually all the tests I've read on it said that it handled surprisingly well.

ecstasy_civic
02-16-2003, 11:35 PM
didnt it pull really well on the skid pad?

szw
02-16-2003, 11:41 PM
yes, neons can handle amazingly.

I still think it looks ugly, but I would proudly own this car if it were more in my price range (few grand lower). I wouldn't want one of the first ones made though, would wait for the second year.

dsm69
02-17-2003, 01:09 AM
good to see turbo cars are coming back

manufacturers clamed hp 215 measured at the wheels 223. for once they underestimated the hp

speedracer
02-17-2003, 01:16 AM

[/quote]
The "test" SRT4 has been rallying for almost a year now - No blown engine and has been doing quite well :) And the listed Stage 3 package :drool:

Originally posted by mwmhong

No more R&D since 1999 - Chrysler (now DC) is protesting SCCA. 2001 they only brought the model back for political reason.

You could buy "massaged" IT Crate engine the viper team developed 160 hp ; 155 lbs .. (more like 17X/15X)

Rumor is that they will do a strong rally commitment since that is where the $$ and exposure is.

(The Viper was #1).

It was and then the 5.9R/T came out. :D (The same team moved on and did the R&D). I imagine depnding on sales the SRT Dakota will be out soon.

mwmhong
02-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

It was and then the 5.9R/T came out. :D (The same team moved on and did the R&D). I imagine depnding on sales the SRT Dakota will be out soon. [/QUOTE]

You don't count trucks though, just the cars. SRT4 goes down to #3 if we include trucks like Ram SRT10.

I forgot about the Dodge Stealth, but that's not really a Dodge I guess.

cocoabrova
02-17-2003, 01:29 PM
It shall be MINE:burnout::thumbsup:

calarina
02-17-2003, 01:34 PM
Have you guys thought of the fact that it has high hp, and is a cheap price? It's definitely not an endurance car, and will probably only last a couple years until it has big problems. That's just like going to get body work, or mechanical work done on your car. If you don't pay a lot, don't expect it to be that great...

lammer
02-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by calarina
Have you guys thought of the fact that it has high hp, and is a cheap price? It's definitely not an endurance car, and will probably only last a couple years until it has big problems. That's just like going to get body work, or mechanical work done on your car. If you don't pay a lot, don't expect it to be that great...

its a neon...you can't expect these guys to live for 10-20 years on the road.:nut: :nut: haha just playing.

5.9 R/T
02-17-2003, 03:30 PM

Please explain the M3 then, or the TT, or the new 7 series. All these cars sell for a premium yet have a list of problems as long as my arm. "you get what you pay for" is a fairly broad term and really can't be applied to cars in respect to reliability.

syeve
02-17-2003, 11:27 PM
They can make a Neon as fast as they want, I would still never drive one...ITS A NEON...just my opinion though...and save the typing time 5.9, I am fully aware that one would beat me...me no care.

finboy
02-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by syeve
They can make a Neon as fast as they want, I would still never drive one...ITS A NEON...just my opinion though...and save the typing time 5.9, I am fully aware that one would beat me...me no care.

it isn't a neon anymore.

it is an SX 2.0 :thumbsup: :burnout:

if i had the money and i was going to buy a new car, it would be a tossup btwn the srt-4 and a GTI (or jetta) 1.8T

but i have to settle on an old school turbo car. oh well, still fun :burnout: :burnout:

max_boost
02-17-2003, 11:35 PM
They can make a Neon as fast as they want, I would still never drive one...ITS A NEON...just my opinion though...and save the typing time 5.9, I am fully aware that one would beat me...me no care. :werd: :werd: :werd:

5.9 R/T
02-18-2003, 01:11 AM

Thats your opinion and I can respect that. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a neon lover, i'm just having some fun with stupid comments people make. Just because it can beat your car, or any car for that matter does not make it a better car, but because it is a neon (aka domestic) does not make it a worse car either. Everyone has their own tastes and preferances, and to be honest i wouldn't buy one either, but the performance for the dollar of the srt is appealing, to say the least.

syeve
02-18-2003, 01:22 AM
but the performance for the dollar of the srt is appealing, to say the least.

:werd:

mwmhong
02-18-2003, 08:41 AM

It's comes from the factory pre-turbo'd with the generic Dodge 7/70 warranty, which should help to keep it going for a bit.
For sure it's probably not going to be as refined or reliable as most imports, but that's not it's job.

Bang for the buck, it's fast as fuck
Performance for the price with a little bit of rice.

Nix87
02-18-2003, 09:26 PM
It's pretty impressive to have that kinda bang for the buck. Good 2 see the domestic companies gettin into the turbo areas outa the factory

Nick