PDA

View Full Version : Motorola V3 Razr Black

gongSHOW
10-24-2005, 12:50 PM
anyone looking for a Black V3 Razr. expansys.ca has them for real cheap right now. $349.49 CAD incl. shipping and tax. Brand new, all accesories and multi-lingual version.
http://www.expansys.ca/product.asp?code=120110

I heard they are pretty good in terms of shipping time etc.

EDIT Dropped again :eek: $333.49

rtsen
10-24-2005, 12:58 PM
i'm interested in getting one.

Anyone on the boards ever deal with these guys?

Neil4Speed
10-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Unforutately you guys missed out, Omega Cell had it for $350 last week.

Ben
10-24-2005, 01:03 PM
I own the Black RAZR and I love it. Very satisfied with the battery life as well as call clarity.

I've heard through the grapevine fairly good things about that dealer. Didn't order mine through them (rogers corporate) but just cover all your bases before coughing up the dough.

Hamann
10-24-2005, 01:04 PM
anyone know if you can hook this phone up with telus?

gongSHOW
10-24-2005, 01:04 PM
its $348.49 CAD at expansys.ca including shipping and tax

my buddies have dealt with them and got it pretty quickly as they use UPS

gongSHOW
10-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Hamann
anyone know if you can hook this phone up with telus?
No its a GSM phone, it will not work on telus

Chester
10-24-2005, 01:06 PM
It's been 350 at myworldphone.com for the past couple months. razr sucks anyways:poosie:

toyboy88
10-24-2005, 04:31 PM
says its $324.95CAD right now? unless im reading wrong??

lastprodigy
10-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88
says its $324.95CAD right now? unless im reading wrong??

:werd: i dont see it coming with anything though :dunno:

googe
10-24-2005, 05:07 PM
probably cause the new version is coming out, and it actually has decent features for the price you pay

gongSHOW
10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

:werd: i dont see it coming with anything though :dunno:

Hit add to cart then it totals it up for you w/ tax and shipping. I don't know why it says $325, because when you add it to your cart it totals up at 303 something and then the total w/ tax and UPS shipping is $349.49

gongSHOW
10-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Here it is after you add it to the cart

rtsen
10-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by googe
probably cause the new version is coming out, and it actually has decent features for the price you pay

what's the new model coming out?

gongSHOW
10-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by rtsen

what's the new model coming out?
v6, 2 Mega-Pixel Camera supposedly

Chester
10-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW

v6, 2 Mega-Pixel Camera supposedly

It's called the razr 2
1.3 megapixel camera
Still not worth the price
http://www.howardchui.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=208

AJL
10-24-2005, 07:24 PM
our telus rep showed us the new razr, pretty amazing stuff. So many neat "geek" features ;)

gpomp
10-24-2005, 07:30 PM
telus? v3x?

gongSHOW
10-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Chester

It's called the razr 2
1.3 megapixel camera
Still not worth the price
http://www.howardchui.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=208
my bad, sorry ya I heard it was going to be called the v6 (i guess the one that was rumored was called the V3x) but then again that was like 6 months ago and it was rumored to have a 2-megapixel. Sorry

gongSHOW
10-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
telus? v3x?
Telus may get the V3c, which has a 1 mega pixel, but it hasn't come to the states yet so no one can even predict when it will come to canada.

Weapon_R
10-24-2005, 11:52 PM
The Razr 2 sounds pretty bad. Expandable memory and a weaksauce 1mp camera isn't going to win a lot of customers. It's too bad they didn't make a 2mp camera and a new UI. I don't like how the razr (best phone on the market today IMO) shares the same/similar UI with the moto V300

lastprodigy
10-25-2005, 12:05 AM
is the razr as bad as other Vxxx phones for quirks and stuff? I have had some mad problems with other Vxxx phones....dead speakers, one was in on warranty 8 months out of the year i had it.....made me make the swtich to Nokia....but I still wouldnt mind a razr...you guys seem to like it

gpomp
10-25-2005, 12:07 AM
i like my v3 better than my 6230b, which was the best nokia ever.

Weapon_R
10-25-2005, 12:22 AM
is the razr as bad as other Vxxx phones for quirks and stuff? I have had some mad problems with other Vxxx phones....dead speakers, one was in on warranty 8 months out of the year i had it.....made me make the swtich to Nokia....but I still wouldnt mind a razr...you guys seem to like it

Nothing i've used so far is as good as the razr. Even the newer phones have trouble getting the same type of reception and are not built as well (I don't think i'll ever buy a plastic phone again). I've used a 6230b, and it lacks in so many areas and has nothing on the razr. I keep coming back to it.

turbotrip
10-25-2005, 12:28 AM

the razr is a truly great phone, really solidly built and doest have as many problems as the other V series phones, but still has problems...but i still prefer my inno over the razr tho

however id definitely suggest it, and if u were scared away by the other V's this should bring back ur trust in them

lastprodigy
10-25-2005, 12:31 AM
maybe its time to order it then :D....i wish they came in white :)

gongSHOW
10-25-2005, 07:27 AM
oh ya in silver its $340 something, good deals to be had...

Neil4Speed
10-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Turbotrip, why the WTB.Razr in the Marketplace then? lol

Razrs are solid phones, the only good Moto Phone in recent times if you ask me (next to the V60 which was eons ago)

Do any of you guys have any ideas on a good phone other than the razr, its so overplayed, everyone and their dog has one. Anything slimmer (other than the slvr), any other phones that make a good conversation piece. It bothers me when my buddy with a Razr gets all this attention while my T616 can do allot of the same stuff! haha

Razrs... Chick magnets.

I was looking at possibly the Panasonic X800

dj_honda
10-25-2005, 10:44 AM
man i still rock the v60...:eek:
i might consider a razr someday. i only like metal cased phones. i hate the plastic ones.

turbotrip
10-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

haha after seeing my black one my brother wants one too but doesnt wanna spend as much so im looking for a silver one for him now

Chester
10-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Nothing i've used so far is as good as the razr. Even the newer phones have trouble getting the same type of reception and are not built as well (I don't think i'll ever buy a plastic phone again). I've used a 6230b, and it lacks in so many areas and has nothing on the razr. I keep coming back to it.

Well if you haven't tried the Sony Ericsson K750i yet, then its time to try it out. Its the best phone I've used yet, and I've used well over 40 phones, including ones that haven't been released yet (Because of my job)

lastprodigy
10-25-2005, 04:41 PM

Razrs are solid phones, the only good Moto Phone in recent times if you ask me (next to the V60 which was eons ago)

Do any of you guys have any ideas on a good phone other than the razr, its so overplayed, everyone and their dog has one. Anything slimmer (other than the slvr), any other phones that make a good conversation piece. It bothers me when my buddy with a Razr gets all this attention while my T616 can do allot of the same stuff! haha

Razrs... Chick magnets.

I was looking at possibly the Panasonic X800

So you dont car that its a good phone, you just care what everybody else thinks? label whore hey

BebeAphrodite
10-25-2005, 10:04 PM

So you dont car that its a good phone, you just care what everybody else thinks? label whore hey

Did you even read what Neil said??

He said it's overplayed and you're saying he's a label whore? :rolleyes:

Neil4Speed
10-25-2005, 10:08 PM

Sir, Wrong, I said the exact opposite really, I want something different hence the reason why I don't want a Razr.

Thank you for the correction BebeAphrodite.

However, I do want something that is asthetically pleasing, and compact which is a fair statement.

lastprodigy
10-25-2005, 11:02 PM

Sir, Wrong, I said the exact opposite really, I want something different hence the reason why I don't want a Razr.

Thank you for the correction BebeAphrodite.

However, I do want something that is asthetically pleasing, and compact which is a fair statement.

just seemed like you were saying that you wanted something that would be noticed becasue yours wans tor something...my bad :drama:

t-im
10-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Slimmer then Razr?

Nec L1

D'z Nutz
10-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Wow, it must be good! I remember you hating on Moto's a while back! Hahaha!

I should probably jump on this. My V60's on it's way out pretty shortly. Considering my preference is Motorola phones and the recent wave of plastic bodies turn me off, this is almost a no brainer... I don't see anything on the page, but I'm guessing it's unlocked?

Anyone actually go through with an order yet?

gongSHOW
10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Wow, it must be good! I remember you hating on Moto's a while back! Hahaha!

I should probably jump on this. My V60's on it's way out pretty shortly. Considering my preference is Motorola phones and the recent wave of plastic bodies turn me off, this is almost a no brainer... I don't see anything on the page, but I'm guessing it's unlocked?

Anyone actually go through with an order yet?
ya its unlocked OEm not those crapy cingular unlocked but still branded ones.

Xtrema
10-26-2005, 05:18 PM
http://www.i4u.com/article4413.html

Pink Razr iz da bomb!

gongSHOW
10-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Droped again!
$333.49 Shipped including tax :eek: :eek:

gongSHOW
10-27-2005, 11:35 PM
When is the new Razr2 suppose ot come out?

90s_tuner
10-28-2005, 10:22 AM
There's a Razr2 coming out?

Importz
10-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
http://www.i4u.com/article4413.html

Pink Razr iz da bomb!

if you are a homo that is

gongSHOW
11-01-2005, 09:24 PM
There is going to be a V3x as well, not as sexy as the V3 though:
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/images/0,,95,00.html

BebeAphrodite
11-04-2005, 03:35 PM
I wonder if people know that the razr is now only $350 shipped. They're going in the marketplace USED for more than they are new!!

Chester
11-04-2005, 03:42 PM
You can get it cheaper than 350 now.
Myworldphone droped the price to 239 shipped. Which will probably be like 255-60 canadian

http://www.myworldphone.com/razrblack.html

rip
11-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Sorry for the cellphone newb post, but with an unlocked phone what am I limited to as far as companies.

Rogers? Telus?

SOAB
11-04-2005, 04:04 PM
i just signed a new contract with Rogers and got the V3 for $99.99

great deal.

Chester
11-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by rip
Sorry for the cellphone newb post, but with an unlocked phone what am I limited to as far as companies.

Rogers? Telus?

rogers and fido

heinz256
11-04-2005, 06:46 PM

rogers and fido

yup

Bill Cosby
11-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

great deal.

i signed a new contract and got mine for 299.99 with a $50 rebate.. my bill came to $452 for that shit, fucking administration charges and all that wtftftftftf

Akagi Redsuns
11-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

great deal.

It's a fanastic deal compared to what it was just last week at $250 for a 3 year plan.

I tend to add $200 to the price of the phone with plan stipulation and see how that fairs in getting the phone without a plan.

I was all gung-ho to get the Black Razr, but picked up the V635i instead. I am a sucker for features.

*shameless plug* - anybody need an el'cheapo V551? :)

Akagi Redsuns
11-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby

i signed a new contract and got mine for 299.99 with a $50 rebate.. my bill came to $452 for that shit, fucking administration charges and all that wtftftftftf

The price dropped to $99 for a 3 year plan on Nov 1. Did you pick up the phone before then? Wouldn't hurt to call up Rogers and see if they will give you a rebate.

shakalaka
11-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Anyone else ever used one of those Nokia's fashion series? I am currently using the Nokia 7280 (no keypad phone), and let me tell you if you care about attention, it will not get any better then that. I have used lots of phones and I mean lots, including the V70, razr, p910, k700i, k750, 3230 etc. But the Nokia 7280 is an ultimate total head turner phone. I did get lots of attention with my razr when I had it, but that was like a less then a month after their release. I kept it for like 3 months, and in just three months I started seeing so many of those that it started to piss me off. I paid a grand for it when they first came out, but Motorola got greedy and started giving it to service providers and made the price drop a LOT. Nokia 7280 is pretty much the only phone I have used so far that has gotten more attention then any other damn phone. People think its a flash light, some think its mp3 player. Its funny as hell letting them play with trying to figure out what it is. When the screen is turned off i.e. not in use its a mirror. So thats another useful function lol. And now I was reading the other day Nokia is launching their new fashion series, which included the upgraded version of 7280. That one looks quite interesting as well. Not sure if I will get it but who knows. Other then attention wise, calls are just fine. Really good reception, no problem in talking. The jog dial (ipod inspired) is kind of hard to get used to it first as dialing long numbers or writing long text messages take forever, but you get used to it really fast. As for me, I dont even write that many text messages so I dont have to worry about that anyways. As far as the razr is concerned, it was an awesome phone when I had it. I liked it a lot, but got bored of it when every other person started to own it. Nokia 8800 is what I would be looking at next or a N90 maybe.

BebeAphrodite
11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
You can get it cheaper than 350 now.
Myworldphone droped the price to 239 shipped. Which will probably be like 255-60 canadian

http://www.myworldphone.com/razrblack.html

I bought it last week at 249 from myworldphone (dropped $10) but in total mine came to around 360 w/ everything and converted to canadian w/ brokerage/duties. But still pretty cheap considering I know ppl who paid 1G for the phone when it came out.

shakalaka
11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by rip

Rogers? Telus?

With an unlocked GSM phone you are limited to Rogers and Fido in Canada. However if that is an international phone no matter what country you take it to, it will also work with their GSM service providers.

BebeAphrodite
11-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I am currently using the Nokia 7280 (no keypad phone), and let me tell you if you care about attention, it will not get any better then then.

People think its a flash light, some think its mp3 player. Its funny as hell letting them play with trying to figure out what it is. When the screen is turned off i.e. not in use its a mirror. So thats another useful function lol.

Other then attention wise, calls are just fine. Really good reception, no problem in talking. The jog dial (ipod inspired) is kind of hard to get used to it first as dialing long numbers or writing long text messages take forever, but you get used to it really fast.

My gf (that I also used to work with) has that phone and omg.. I thought it was a total peice.

The reception on it was just horrible and it's sooo not user friendly.

In terms of attracting attention basically everyone who saw it thought it was lipstick (I guess because she's a girl).

My friend has since gone back to the little Panasonic GD series (since it looks like a keychain dangler) and draws her more attention than the 7280 since people thought the 7280 was lipstick.

shakalaka
11-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

My gf (that I also used to work with) has that phone and omg.. I thought it was a total peice.

The reception on it was just horrible and it's sooo not user friendly.

In terms of attracting attention basically everyone who saw it thought it was lipstick (I guess because she's a girl).

My friend has since gone back to the little Panasonic GD series (since it looks like a keychain dangler) and draws her more attention than the 7280 since people thought the 7280 was lipstick.

lol
That has got to be a really long, heavy, squarish, sliding, with a screen lipstick! hahah
Well I dont know, I have never gotten the lipstick part for mine so far anyways. However, I have read some stuff on internet which they also call it as a lipstick phone, but I dont think it looks anything like a lipstick. And as far as the reception is concerned. I havent had any problems with it so far. Everything works awesome. I am in the UK right now and with T-Mobile which is supposed to be the shittiest around here, and still I havent had any problems what so ever. Most of the calls I get are international from Canada, and works great for them as well. Maybe she had a bad piece? Dont know.

Bill Cosby
11-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

The price dropped to $99 for a 3 year plan on Nov 1. Did you pick up the phone before then? Wouldn't hurt to call up Rogers and see if they will give you a rebate.

what the fuck .. i pissed

BebeAphrodite
11-04-2005, 07:28 PM

Well I dont know, I have never gotten the lipstick part for mine so far anyways. However, I have read some stuff on internet which they also call it as a lipstick phone, but I dont think it looks anything like a lipstick.

I think it was because she was a girl that ppl assumed that it was lipstick. Even if u saw a lipstick looking device in a guy's hand u'd naturally assume it was something else cuz guys dont carry around lipstick.

shakalaka
11-04-2005, 07:31 PM
^^I guess so, that might be the reason. Most people think it is a mp3 player, they dont actually believe its a phone unless I call. I agree its not that user friendly, but if you dont text much and use the voice activated features it works like a charm!

Bill Cosby
11-04-2005, 07:37 PM
NICE

they are refunding me $150.. well $150 on my account

Akagi Redsuns
11-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby
NICE

they are refunding me $150.. well $150 on my account

Nice!

Stratus_Power
11-04-2005, 09:11 PM
im using the x800 and its quite a head tuner too, someppl thougth i was talking on my ipod

gongSHOW
11-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite
I wonder if people know that the razr is now only $350 shipped. They're going in the marketplace USED for more than they are new!!
ya it makes absolutely no sense, but people are still buying them so i don't know :nut:

Gondi Stylez
11-06-2005, 04:33 PM
so with all these pros for the v3 let me jack this thread and ask should i get the v3 black or s710a?? im ordering on wednesday! :thumbsup: :hijack:

lastprodigy
11-14-2005, 09:04 PM
its now 99 on 3yr plan plus 50 dollar gift card and case...plus you should be able to get more than that!

jaysas_63
11-14-2005, 09:06 PM
its now 99 on 3yr plan plus 50 dollar gift card and case...plus you should be able to get more than that!

wow thats cheap.....

shakalaka
11-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
so with all these pros for the v3 let me jack this thread and ask should i get the v3 black or s710a?? im ordering on wednesday! :thumbsup: :hijack:

I personally would pick a s710 just because has many more features plus is not too shabby looking either. Looks kinda cool with the swivel. Another reason for my choice would be, since I had already used a razr, I wouldnt buy it again. The phone I really want now is the Nokia 8800 or 8801.

Chester
11-14-2005, 09:41 PM

I personally would pick a s710 just because has many more features plus is not too shabby looking either. Looks kinda cool with the swivel. Another reason for my choice would be, since I had already used a razr, I wouldnt buy it again. The phone I really want now is the Nokia 8800 or 8801.

Do not buy Nokia 8800. The phone sucks. Other than it looking nice, it sucks. I used it for one week and I had to get rid of it.

googe
11-15-2005, 02:54 AM
haha, its bad when people admit to buying phones to attract attention

sabad66
11-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Theoretically, couldn't you sign up for a 3 year contract, get the RAZR for 99, cancel right away for 200 and basically pay only 300+tax for a brand new phone local?

sputnik
11-15-2005, 09:13 AM
I like how thin the RAZR is as far as for carrying it in my pocket. However I cant stand the keypad and the way it feels while talking on it. Although the V551 is more bulky, I find it to be much more comfortable when using it for longer phone calls.

SoSlowDx
11-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

wow thats cheap.....

Not really:thumbsdow You're stuck to a 3 year contract:( too lazy to explain. it looks cheap but when you add it all up it's not worth it unless it's your business phone or you're willing to stay with the 3 yr plan. :)

Khyron
11-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Fuk sakes, doesn't Telus get any cool phones? Argh.

A520, ended 3 year contract, and still nothing worth upgrading to yet.

Khyron

in*10*se
11-15-2005, 12:57 PM

Razrs... Chick magnets.

a dime a dozen...

everyone downtown has one...

anyone who works at a decent company gets the razr for either $50 bucks without a contract or free on a hardware upgrade...

razrs = overrated
razrs = common
razrs = :thumbsdow