PDA

View Full Version : Best Nachos

badMotoFinga
10-25-2005, 01:13 AM
I want nachos ... cant stop thinking about nachos ... wheres the best nachos ...

what kinda cheese isnt yours??? :drool:

Ben
10-25-2005, 08:41 AM
I like the Nachos at Limericks, they're pretty damn good.

Kilt & Caber in McKenzie Town has killer nachos too. MASSSIVE for the money.

JordanEG6
10-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by badMotoFinga
I want nachos ... cant stop thinking about nachos ... wheres the best nachos ...

what kinda cheese isnt yours??? :drool:

NACHO CHEEEEZ!! :D

dennys is good...and BIG. you'll prolly wanna share it.

DC2
10-25-2005, 09:15 AM
^^ denny's is nastyyyy

last time i got it they just put ground beef, nacho cheese and salsa.

i like BP's!

JordanEG6
10-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by DC2
^^ denny's is nastyyyy

last time i got it they just put ground beef, nacho cheese and salsa.

i like BP's!

haha i knew you'd be on this thread about that! :guns:

they usually put EVERYTHING on there, its goooood.

B17a
10-25-2005, 09:17 AM
I used to live on the nachos at the Point & Feather in Oakridge back in the day. Ohhhh sooo good.

\JCAR/
10-25-2005, 09:36 AM
yeah any bp's has good nachos... but i like the ones at east side mario's go on a sunday 3.99 for this massive plate

DC2
10-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

haha i knew you'd be on this thread about that! :guns:

they usually put EVERYTHING on there, its goooood.

:D

its amazingly greasy too. like AMAZINGLY

snowboard
10-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Nachos are gooooooooood

Seven eleven hot dogs with nacho cheese.

Originally posted by \JCAR/
yeah any bp's has good nachos... but i like the ones at east side mario's go on a sunday 3.99 for this massive plate

dude that girl in your sig looks likes shes 14 :rofl:

\JCAR/
10-25-2005, 09:42 AM
lol yeah 7-11 hotdogs with nacho chesse are good as for the girl its kate (kate's playground) shes actually 20 hard to beleve

Kirbs17
10-25-2005, 10:03 AM
One Eyed Jacks Nachos are HUGE and fuckin tasty (in airdrie)

sputnik
10-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Ben

:werd: :werd: :werd:

The Kilt and Caber nachos are a regular side dish on wing nights for me.

I am also a fan of the nachos at Montana's. For some reason the baked beans on their nachos bring the humble dish to a whole new level.

l8braker
10-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by \JCAR/
lol yeah 7-11 hotdogs with nacho chesse are good as for the girl its kate (kate's playground) shes actually 20 hard to beleve

back in the day i always used to buy a hotdog from there and then sneak in a tupperware container and sit at the nacho cheese machine filling up the container then walk out with the people working like wtf...? was pretty drunk......... lol

limericks nachos, or bull and finch... mmm nachos

69cougar
10-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Original Joes 10/10

Loco Lous 9/10

Shanks 9/10

Classic Jacks werent too bad 6/10

Best I ever had were Desperados (now Coyotes) they had corn on them and some special kind of cheese so good!!!!

God Dam you now I am crazing nachos too

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

B17a
10-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by l8braker

back in the day i always used to buy a hotdog from there and then sneak in a tupperware container and sit at the nacho cheese machine filling up the container then walk out with the people working like wtf...? was pretty drunk......... lol

limericks nachos, or bull and finch... mmm nachos

:rofl: :rofl: Damn, I thought I was the only one who did that! I used to get the chip container, fill that thing top to bottom with cheese and buy a bag of chips, way better deal that way.

snowboard
10-25-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by B17a

:rofl: :rofl: Damn, I thought I was the only one who did that! I used to get the chip container, fill that thing top to bottom with cheese and buy a bag of chips, way better deal that way.

Yah just fill a doritos bag with cheese and eat it with a fork :drool: :drool:

B17a
10-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by snowboard

As disgusting as that is, the thought has crossed my mind more than once!

2000_SI
10-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by snowboard

:barf:
Thats brutal man...

Shoebox//Racer
10-25-2005, 10:56 AM
HOW CAN YOU HAVE A NACHOS THREAD WITH OUT JAMES JOYCE NACHOS?!?

cmon... these are easily the best i've ever had. If you havent had them at James Joyce, i suggest you get on that right now.

Nachos are on the menu after 2pm everyday.

2002civic
10-25-2005, 10:58 AM
moxies nahcos are big and have everyhting i like tomatoes, japs and green onion, the saddledome has th ebest cheese sauce nachos ever:drool: :drool:

ecstasy_civic
10-25-2005, 11:29 AM
applebeess:drool: :drool:

Vagabond142
10-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Homemade :)

Get tortilla chips, lay liberally on plate, sprinkle cheddar, olives, salsa and a few peppers on there, cook in microwave or oven (depending on laziness) and then scoop a hunkin huge dollop of sour cream into the middle :thumbsup:

sputnik
10-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by l8braker

Amateurs. In high school we would just fill a small slurpee cup with cheese and pay for the 79 cent slurpee and a huge bag of doritoes.

Vagabond142
10-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Amateurs. In high school we would just fill a small slurpee cup with cheese and pay for the 79 cent slurpee and a huge bag of doritoes.

How do your arteries feel? :rofl:

EnRich
10-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Bps is my fav

@lchy
10-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Julios Barion on kensington and i think:drool:10th, they also have these bulldog things, a margarita with a beer tipped upside down in it!! Sounds ridiculous i kno, but they are pretty good

civicrider
10-25-2005, 02:27 PM
shawnekies (SP) in signal hill has awsome nacho's

lastprodigy
10-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

LOL. im gonan get that when i go on a slurpee run...see if anyone starts sippin it :D

JordanEG6
10-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer
HOW CAN YOU HAVE A NACHOS THREAD WITH OUT JAMES JOYCE NACHOS?!?

cmon... these are easily the best i've ever had. If you havent had them at James Joyce, i suggest you get on that right now.

Nachos are on the menu after 2pm everyday.

where is this place?

szw
10-25-2005, 05:40 PM
It's on 4th st across from earls.

kaput
10-25-2005, 06:46 PM

Nissanaddict
10-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I agree on Kilt and Caber...I haven't eaten anything there that wasn't good. The nachos there rule. BPs is good too, haven't gone wrong with that.

pints
10-25-2005, 08:48 PM
The Wee Nachos there are huge! The mini Yorkshires are good there too...:drool:

ramminghard
10-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Big mountain whitefish. The bar at the bottom of the hill. They were a good 18" tall with shredded chicken cooked in.

403Gemini
10-25-2005, 10:06 PM
how can you people say BP's?! half the time they are burnt, and when they arent, for the money you're paying its an insane rip off.

dixons is great cause its HUGE but very greasy, and yes the kilt in mackenzie fuckin owns. Ben, lets go for nachos lol

DJ Lazy
10-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
Big mountain whitefish. The bar at the bottom of the hill. They were a good 18" tall with shredded chicken cooked in.

:werd: :drool:

t-im
10-25-2005, 10:50 PM
The Winter Club...super greasy, cheesy and huge portions

Nissanaddict
10-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
how can you people say BP's?! half the time they are burnt, and when they arent, for the money you're paying its an insane rip off.

dixons is great cause its HUGE but very greasy, and yes the kilt in mackenzie fuckin owns. Ben, lets go for nachos lol

My BPs nachos at shawnessy are always huge and usually good...im there a lot (I usually get half the food at any other BPs that I'd get at shawnessy...except things like pizza where they can't cheat)

badMotoFinga
10-25-2005, 11:24 PM

Yeah .. I agree .. last time i was at BP's the nachos were around $9 and extra meat and cheese was i think $2 ... and when it came out .. the cheese had mostly hardened and was cold ... the nachos were on a medium sized triangular plate ... and as for extra cheese and meat .. it looked as if they took off some cheese and meat instead .. their price is waay too high ... and all the nachos were green .. still tasty but not a good value

Shoebox//Racer
10-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

where is this place?

on stevens ave. not quite sure where from there. LOL.

i just know where it is... i just dont know where it is.......:nut:

I should warn you these are irish nachos... They are not put on a wimpy chip. they actually come on these crazy potato wedges... next person to go needs to snap a pic or something.. one order will usually be good for 2-3 normal eaters for a full meal.

Hash_man
10-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Bp's nachos suck people... IMO the best ive had in a long time were at limericks... such a huge damn plate too. :drool:

403Gemini
10-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict

My BPs nachos at shawnessy are always huge and usually good...im there a lot (I usually get half the food at any other BPs that I'd get at shawnessy...except things like pizza where they can't cheat)

dude i live in millrise, im down at that BP's like 3-4 times a week! ahah

if you see a black saturn with beyond.ca stickers
http://www3.telus.net/403gemini/saturnsig1.JPG

im there :thumbsup:

edit: and their nachos STILL suck

last time me and my buddy were down there they packed all the cheese on the center ontop of like 4 chips, the rest were over cooked, and by the time we got to those 4 chips they were soggy as shit. i might as well have pulled out the straw from my drink and drank that artery clogging mess. ;)

edit: we should have a BP's meet with some peeps from the SW and SE sometime :)

Barlow
10-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by szw
It's on 4th st across from earls.

ummm james joyce is right on 8th and centre, beside the new tribune, which i hear is wicked as well,

Despair*
10-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer

on stevens ave. not quite sure where from there. LOL.

i just know where it is... i just dont know where it is.......:nut:

I should warn you these are irish nachos... They are not put on a wimpy chip. they actually come on these crazy potato wedges... next person to go needs to snap a pic or something.. one order will usually be good for 2-3 normal eaters for a full meal.

He's right. I tried eating a full order by myself and could only get thru 2/3's of it. Make sure you are nice and hungry when you try going ;)

.... definately awesome Nachos!

Nissanaddict
10-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Definitely a BPs shawnessy meet would be nice. I'm sure there's a ton of beyond people south of fish creek.

88CRX
10-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Definitely a BPs shawnessy meet would be nice. I'm sure there's a ton of beyond people south of fish creek.

south siiiiide!

btw - shanks nachos are always overcooked and rock hard cheese :thumbsdow

Nissanaddict
10-30-2005, 04:46 PM
If we want a southern meet...Kilt and Caber. :drool: unless we want pizza.

thinmyster
10-30-2005, 05:49 PM
i always look at the bottom nachos right away and if they have cheese on them too then you know you got good nachos!!!

403Gemini
10-30-2005, 05:50 PM
If we want a southern meet...Kilt and Caber. :drool: unless we want pizza.

id be in for this

they make an insane shepards pie

3g4me
11-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Shanks does it for me.

Lilac Wine
11-10-2005, 04:52 AM
I remember getting nachos years ago at moxies and they were HUGE!!!! Are they still like that?

Denny's nachos are gross!! Probably some of the worse I ever had... they have like greasy ground beef in taco seasoning on them with huge chunks of raw peppers and onions.

Mixalot27
04-25-2016, 01:55 PM
10.5 Year Bump. :drama:

So where is your favorite place to go for nachos these days?

I enjoyed Boston Pizza's spicy chicken nachos. But they removed them from the menu and replaced them with the "fully loaded" nachos which are horrible. They have lime chips, fake cheese sauce and lettuce on them. :barf:

OU812
04-25-2016, 04:13 PM
OJ's

InRich
04-26-2016, 01:00 AM
BPs changed their nachos VERY recently. Their terrible! fucking lime chips just ruined everything. I've been going there for 15 years!!!! not going anymore.

So lets hear the best places! I'm gonna try original joes.

firebane
04-26-2016, 06:43 AM
Best nachos are still those you will make. I'm not going to a restaurant to pay stupid crazy prices because I want meat on my nachos. Still cheaper to buy some beef and chicken and make your own at home.

sputnik
04-26-2016, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by InRich
BPs changed their nachos VERY recently. Their terrible! fucking lime chips just ruined everything. I've been going there for 15 years!!!! not going anymore.

I had BP nachos a couple of weeks ago. They were so terrible the waitress even commented as to how bad they looked to her. They ended up taking them off our bill.

The chorizo was so sparse you needed a magnifying glass to find it.

dirtsniffer
04-26-2016, 08:03 AM
I had them at the unicorn last week with the beef. Super good.

Also way down south at Kildares, they do nachos by the foot ($12/ft). They are quality, not microwaves and it includes guacamole. Great view from the patio

mr2mike
04-26-2016, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by firebane
Best nachos are still those you will make. I'm not going to a restaurant to pay stupid crazy prices because I want meat on my nachos. Still cheaper to buy some beef and chicken and make your own at home.
Recession Nacho's for the win!

austic
04-26-2016, 08:39 AM
blanco cantina by far

403Gemini
04-26-2016, 08:42 AM
Coach and horse use to have (not sure if they still do) waffle cut fries nachos. Those are probably the best i've had, even though they aren't traditional nacho chips lol

bjstare
04-26-2016, 09:52 AM
Coach and horse use to have (not sure if they still do) waffle cut fries nachos. Those are probably the best i've had, even though they aren't traditional nacho chips lol

A little hole in the wall pub called Schooners in Coach Hill does these as well. They are absolutely fantastic.

Also, Local on 8th does awesome nachos.

msommers
04-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Oak Tree in Kensington

Kari_310
04-26-2016, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by austic
blanco cantina by far

Yes! Happy hour nachos every day

Also - Fergus & Bix in mardaloop are very good or if you want something more mexican a must try are la vida loca nachos (chicken mole is the best option) they're big enough for 2 people to eat for a whole meal