PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360s plan to intergrate everything

/////AMG
10-26-2005, 10:17 AM
"In an interview with IGN, Microsoft's Corporate Vice President Chief Architect J. Allard said he wants to work with competitors on the XBox 360. From the interview: 'I'm pro consumer on this one to the end,' says Allard. 'Anybody in my company who thought this was a bad idea to plug in Sony or Apple devices into this thing, I ended that conversation pretty quickly. This is the right thing to do for consumers. Once they invest $500 in their digital media library, you can't ask them to go buy a 360 music player and a 360 digital camera, and a 360...NO! They got their stuff. They're going to want to plug it in. We're going to be open here, guys. And if anything, I wish we could be more cooperative with the other companies that are doing those things. And if Sony or Apple were to call me up and say, "Hey, we want to some special things with the 360," I'm on it. I think it would not be in anybody's interest to say, we're not going to work with 360. It's good for them, it's good for us, and it's good for consumers.'"

Source w/ more questions and answers (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/660/660456p1.html)
-----
I hope PS3 does the same thing, but I'm not counting on it.

MaLwa
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
good ta hear

heavyD
10-26-2005, 01:56 PM
You are pretty well going to be able to plug any sort of media device with windows compatibility into the 360. I'm not so sure about PS3 if only because it won't be coming with a hard drive.

autospeed
10-26-2005, 08:24 PM
about damn time, sounds like an awsome idea.. to not make you buy everything specifically meant for the one console, and just let you use things you allready have:thumbsup:

treg50
10-27-2005, 09:59 PM
:barf: If it's still Windows it's still $#!t.

This was NOT an innovative or trend-setting decision by Microshaft. Apple's iPod uses FireWire and digital cameras (95% of them?) all use USB. FireWire and USB are standards in this day and age. It was in Microsoft's best interest for themselves to utilize these standards.

The world is already revolving, it's not about to stop and revolve around game consoles (though I'm sure Bill Gates is planning/working on otherwise).

Then again, why would I want to plug a digital camera into or an iPod into 360. I can see some limited applications like custom song playlists, transfer music from my iPod to the 360's hard-drive... hm it's interesting, but I don't see any really good reasons for it. It's why I have a computer.

HoisinSauce
10-27-2005, 10:01 PM
:guns: :guns:
awsome

eb0i
10-27-2005, 10:22 PM
That's pretty cool, I can't wait to own a 360 :thumbsup: