PDA

View Full Version : Subway on elbow and heritage. BAD

3g4me
10-26-2005, 10:42 AM
I just wanted to warn everybody not to go to the subway on the corner of elbow and heritage, They absolutely have the worst service i have ever seen.

I went there last weekend on saturday for lunch, first off i waited 35 min:eek: untill i could order, and then when it is my turn they dont have what i want, ok no biggy i just ordered something else. When it was all done and im about to eat i realize that the bread is as hard as a rock, i allmost chipped a tooth. So when i go to complain and politly ask for a new sandwich because mine is rendered useless, the lady is like oh you have to talk to the manager. So i stand there like an idiot hungry as shit just waiting for the manager to come in. When the manager finally comes into the store i explain the situation and she proceeds to tell me that all the bread in there store is fresh and that my bread is fresh. (last i heard fresh bread is soft in the middle?) So she tells me that she wont return it so i left the sandwich on the table and walked out. This is bullshit, if somebody told me that they cant eat something i charged $10 for i would whipp them a new one as soon as possible and continue to apologize for the inconvinience, what i wouldnt do is tell them that all the bread is old and that the restaurant is crap.

Anyway sorry for the long post it just pissed me off.
You have all been warned:whipped:

403Gemini
10-26-2005, 10:49 AM
they seriously wouldnt make you a new one? wow ... thats fucked.... she was probably saying that cause she knew that all of the bread was that hard...

3g4me
10-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Ya she pretty much admitted that all the bread was hard. What i dont understan is im talking to her about this right infront of a full line up of people wating for subs and they all stayed after knowing that the bread is rock hard? Weird, i thought i was in the twillight zone.

brandon
10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by 3g4me
I just wanted to warn everybody not to go to the subway on the corner of elbow and heritage, They absolutely have the worst service i have ever seen.

I went there last weekend on saturday for lunch, first off i waited 35 min:eek: untill i could order, and then when it is my turn they dont have what i want, ok no biggy i just ordered something else. When it was all done and im about to eat i realize that the bread is as hard as a rock, i allmost chipped a tooth. So when i go to complain and politly ask for a new sandwich because mine is rendered useless, the lady is like oh you have to talk to the manager. So i stand there like an idiot hungry as shit just waiting for the manager to come in. When the manager finally comes into the store i explain the situation and she proceeds to tell me that all the bread in there store is fresh and that my bread is fresh. (last i heard fresh bread is soft in the middle?) So she tells me that she wont return it so i left the sandwich on the table and walked out. This is bullshit, if somebody told me that they cant eat something i charged $10 for i would whipp them a new one as soon as possible and continue to apologize for the inconvinience, what i wouldnt do is tell them that all the bread is old and that the restaurant is crap.

Anyway sorry for the long post it just pissed me off.
You have all been warned:whipped:

That sucks but what the fuck did you wait 30 minutes to get a subway sandwich? there is a subway on every block! goto another one!

3g4me
10-26-2005, 11:03 AM
^ ya i guess, but i was hungover and hungry i didnt want to go anywhere else. lol.

JordanEG6
10-26-2005, 11:47 AM
wow that sucks. i cant stand wasting money like that. subway sucks.

ive been to the one in the NE in falconridge...holy fuck, the lady was a PURE bitch- she'd slam the microwave and over doors, roll her eyes at people for a special request (ie extra cheese, more sauce etc.) and the bitch added things in my sandwich that i didnt want...i really hope she gets fired, the way she was acting was not proffessional at all. :guns: :bullshit:

Mr. Burns
10-26-2005, 11:51 AM
The subway next to the old silver city is awesome. they are very liberal with the toppings, and the bread is always soft and fresh.

EDIT: Personally tho I like Mr. Sub the most.

l8braker
10-26-2005, 11:56 AM
i think all subway stores are franchised???? write a complaint letter to head office

QuasarCav
10-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by mrburnsvw
The subway next to the old silver city is awesome. they are very liberal with the toppings, and the bread is always soft and fresh.

EDIT: Personally tho I like Mr. Sub the most.

BWahahhahha, I used to go there all the time when I worked at the Home Depot.

There was an older asian lady manning the veggies station and whenever you told her and ingredient she would say "and then", one time I couldn't hold the laughter anymore and I had to leave the store.

Fresh subs though:thumbsup:

JordanEG6
10-26-2005, 12:17 PM
^^ hahaha "and then" :rofl: :nut:

Ben
10-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I hate that subway too.

Used to go there back in the days of HS because my school was near by. Now they didn't have all the extravagent bread choices that they have now, but white was crappy and stale all the time, and brown was basically molded and compacted sawdust.

I've never seen a more "chintzy" joint as far as ingredients. Foot Long Cold Cut for example.

You got the meat followed by 1 slice of tomato per 6", 2 pickels per 6" and a sprig of lettuce. If you wanted olives, 6 total, and forget about hot peppers, even if you ordered them, you couldn't taste them. Often they would say they were out of things just so they didn't have to use them, cheese especially, except when their family members came in and ordered like 8 subs 2 seconds before you walk in, and you see generous helpings go on theirs. And then after you leave and they magically have the ingredients again.

They were even worse with salt and peper, mayo and sub sauce.

Absolute joke, I hate that store.

crXbuSit
10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

There was an older asian lady manning the veggies station and whenever you told her and ingredient she would say "and then", one time I couldn't hold the laughter anymore and I had to leave the store.

hahahahahah i got a sub from her once...

Moonracer
10-26-2005, 12:55 PM
That's pretty bad service. :thumbsdow

A friend and I once went into a subway and ordered our subs. Before the chick got started she saw that her shoelace was untied. She bends down to tie it right in front of us, no big deal. While I was looking at her shoes I noticed how discusting they were and then thought nothing more of it. Until she proceded to make our subs without washing her hands! :eek: My friend and I looked at each other in disbelief as she continued to make our subs. Naturally we had to cut in and let her know the FORGOT to wash her hands...:nut:

3g4me
10-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

A friend and I once went into a subway and ordered our subs. Before the chick got started she saw that her shoelace was untied. She bends down to tie it right in front of us, no big deal. While I was looking at her shoes I noticed how discusting they were and then thought nothing more of it. Until she proceded to make our subs without washing her hands! :eek: My friend and I looked at each other in disbelief as she continued to make our subs. Naturally we had to cut in and let her know the FORGOT to wash her hands...:nut:

Gross:barf:

2002civic
10-26-2005, 02:48 PM
complain to the head office, im sure if enough ppl complain somethign will happen

toyboy88
10-26-2005, 02:52 PM
i've have that couple times before as well where the bread is so hard.... :thumbsdow

natejj
10-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Dont they wear plastic gloves?

Zero102
10-26-2005, 03:37 PM

LOL, I went there like 3 years ago, and I thought it was hilarious then. The first time I thought she wasn't listening, but she's always been good to me.
I can't believe she's still there.

I always go to the one on 16th ave by SAIT, despite the fact that I go to the university. I won't eat at that subway, but that's another story. They've always been nothing short of excellent there. There is a younger-middle-aged white lady there, with dark hair, I always ask for her because she's the best.

69cougar
10-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Iv'e kind of noticed that Subway has taken a bit of a dive lately. First they cut the stamp program and promise a swipe card program will be here in Au, then Sept, Then Oct, is it ever coming?

A lot of stores have been out of lots of stuff lately:

Subway @ Superstore (99th ave) out of:

Bread
Seafood
onions
CHEESE?

Subway @ Chestermere out of:

Cookies
BBQ Sauce
hot peppers

Subway @ Southland/Mcleod

Pickles
Bread
green peppers

Subway @ Market Mall

Onions
pickles
sauces.

WTF??? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

G
10-26-2005, 03:51 PM

Wow must have a twin sister. The vietnamese guy who runs the Mr Sub on 17th and 37th SW is the same thing. Everytime I walk in he says in the most Asian voice..."Hellooooo how are you?" and says "I am wonderful, excellent, fantastic" without me even getting a chance to answer him. When he is making the sub he puts on the cheese and then proceeds to say "Anyfing else?" for every ingredient infront of him.

Bill Cosby
10-26-2005, 03:51 PM
ive never had problems with that subway before.. it was just a freak acciedent, foreigners dont know how to handle problems

rony_espana
10-26-2005, 04:12 PM

I remember that lady, she would kill me
:rofl:

Moonracer
10-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by natejj

Dont they wear plastic gloves?

They do these days, this was about 5yrs ago.

Gurpy
10-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Usually the subway in westhills is pretty good - I stop by there before going skiing on most weekends and get something for lunch at the hill. One time it was really disgusting though - hard bread, and the cheese was AWFUL, usually I ask for extra cheese since its good - but wow, this was disgusting...I ended up just throwing it away and buying the overpriced lunch at the hill.

403Gemini
10-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I hate that subway too.

Used to go there back in the days of HS because my school was near by. Now they didn't have all the extravagent bread choices that they have now, but white was crappy and stale all the time, and brown was basically molded and compacted sawdust.

I've never seen a more "chintzy" joint as far as ingredients. Foot Long Cold Cut for example.

You got the meat followed by 1 slice of tomato per 6", 2 pickels per 6" and a sprig of lettuce. If you wanted olives, 6 total, and forget about hot peppers, even if you ordered them, you couldn't taste them. Often they would say they were out of things just so they didn't have to use them, cheese especially, except when their family members came in and ordered like 8 subs 2 seconds before you walk in, and you see generous helpings go on theirs. And then after you leave and they magically have the ingredients again.

They were even worse with salt and peper, mayo and sub sauce.

Absolute joke, I hate that store.

no shit hey! haha least it wasnt as bad as the dairy queen lol

Hash_man
10-26-2005, 07:55 PM
That subway at heritage and elbow is HORRID!... i used to live right near there, so i'd go there cuz i could walk there in like 5 seconds and it was ok.. then this one older lady was there everytime i went, and she was such a bitch.!! ... Barely put any meat on, when I would ask for more lettuice or more olives, she would put like a pinch more and give me a dirty look, needless to say I sat there and waited till she put on the proper amount.

They also barely ever had the bread i wanted, and never had cookies.

Vagabond142
10-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

I always go to the one on 16th ave by SAIT, despite the fact that I go to the university. I won't eat at that subway, but that's another story. They've always been nothing short of excellent there. There is a younger-middle-aged white lady there, with dark hair, I always ask for her because she's the best.

I used to work at the Campus Subway. You have the right idea. Do not EVER eat at Campus Subway. If you want the gory details, give me a PM, but let's just say that the treatment of customers and employees by the manager/owner was incredibly horrible, and that those veggies that you think are fresh? Heh... good luck...

Davetronz
10-26-2005, 11:34 PM
The one right by the Chinook LRT station is horrible too...
It is in the little mini mall close to the Macs and next door to the vietnamese place.
It is DIRTY, they are CHEAP and the food tastes weird.
When I worked in that area we would drive to the Subway on 58th and Blackfoot (Across from the Wendy's and Tims) and it was SOOO much better.

QuasarCav
10-27-2005, 12:10 AM
The newer subway near co-op on Macleod and 86th is really good. I love my olives and peppers and they do not cheap out on the ingredients. The bread is fresh and the place is pretty clean.

I find the worst are the high traffic ones, $8+ for a sub should get me more than 6 olives.

/////AMG
10-27-2005, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

I used to work at the Campus Subway. You have the right idea. Do not EVER eat at Campus Subway. If you want the gory details, give me a PM, but let's just say that the treatment of customers and employees by the manager/owner was incredibly horrible, and that those veggies that you think are fresh? Heh... good luck...

Post the details man!!!!!!

Vagabond142
10-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Short version:

-Veggies that are "fresh".... aren't... sometimes the veggies that arrived were tossed right out, and those little black bins full of "freshly prepared toppings" are usually 2-4 days old after prep and kept in a walk in fridge in the back. If they are solids (ie whole) kept in the fridge, that's fine. But you ever leave a half cut tomato in the fridge for a few days before? yep, that's what was happening

-Campus Subway is owned by quite possibly THE WORST manager in the entire world (as well as him being a complete asshole that yells at customer and has even physically assaulted a couple (pushing and shoving them out of the store, even flooring one with a shove. When I served papers in my case against him, he damned near punched me, the police got involved as it was an actual physical assault, and he got a severe warning)). You don't do something his way, and right then and there, you get sent off. Example: not coming to the front RIGHT THEN AND THERE because I was washing my hands and putting on the plastic gloves = an 8 hour shift cut down to 3 as I was sent off. :bullshit: By Alberta labor laws, part time workers are guaranteed 4 hours a shift unless ill, and I wasn't ill.

-The washing practices there were atroooocious... it wasn't so much scrubbing the dishes down as it was a dip in soapy water, a soak in clean water, and a swish in bleached water, then onto the drying rack. I think I was the only one that took the time to actually SCRUB stuff in the soapy water, and I got yelled at many times for taking wayyyy too long with the dishes.

These are just but a few of the items I can list, but it should give you a taste of what's what

Zero102
10-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Haha, that explains the funny tastes sometimes. One time I saw him stuff the end of a bottle of mayo up his nose while he was sniffing it.... yummy!

Hey, if you're still involved in a court case with him, I witnessed tons of employee abuse, as well as my G/F, if I knew who you were, I could tell you if I saw anything. Perhaps I could be of assistance. I want to see that guy go down.
I complained to head office probably 7 or 8 times about him, and never heard anything back.

Vagabond142
10-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Subway does have a legal office right here in Calgary. I have the name of the firm at home in my file, but they handle the actual LEGAL side of things.

The case is over, but if you have witnesses and verifyable accounts of employee and/or customer abuse, by ALL MEANS go to the student union legal division, or Student Legal Aid in MFH Law. Make a noise, complian, be a bitch about it. I would love to see that place shut down and a Mr Sub put in its place, anyways... (better quality food, better company (Canadian!) and better taste :D)

sputnik
10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
The best Subway in the city is the one in 5th Avenue Place.

- fast (6 people behind the counter)

- generous (i always ask for extra tomatoes and pickles)

- everyone speaks english so there arent any screwups (my friend once asked for "everything but olives" at Petro Canada Centre and the guy started with olives)

- the rules of cleanliness are ALWAYS observed (no teenage skids working there).

69cougar
10-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Subway > Mr. Sub

Phy
10-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
LAUNDRY LIST OF AWFULNESS HERE

Wow... now I don't feel so bad about scaring the shit out of those guys with flying air hockey pucks over the years.

Vagabond142
10-27-2005, 12:30 PM
hehehe I got pinged once or twice by an air hockey puck, one occasion resulting in a surprised spraying of sub sauce all over the spitguards (the window over the veggies and such) :rofl: Most of the employees aren't bad, I mean, hell, they are mostly students trying to get by any way they can to pay for their tuition and books and such, and I appreciate that fact. But for the love of all little fluffy animals, being taken advantage of by that fucktard of a manager/owner, Brian, is not called for. :thumbsdow

next time you play air hocker, ping that motherfucker in the head for us all, eh? :thumbsup:

403Gemini
10-27-2005, 02:34 PM
man vagabond, if that fuck were to punch me (if i were an employee) id lay him out right there and then dump his soggy ass veggies on him.

nothing like fighting with a manager ;) (i got into a pushing fight with a manager at FS haha, it was great cause the store manager didnt like him either)

edit least ya got out with what u did and put a hurt on him ;)

ricosuave
10-27-2005, 11:11 PM

ricosuave
10-27-2005, 11:12 PM
fuck subway

go buy the deli sandwiches at safeway

that rock

rico

tictactoe2004
10-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by 69cougar
Iv'e kind of noticed that Subway has taken a bit of a dive lately. First they cut the stamp program and promise a swipe card program will be here in Au, then Sept, Then Oct, is it ever coming?

A lot of stores have been out of lots of stuff lately:

Subway @ Superstore (99th ave) out of:

Bread
Seafood
onions
CHEESE?

Subway @ Chestermere out of:

Cookies
BBQ Sauce
hot peppers

Subway @ Southland/Mcleod

Pickles
Bread
green peppers

Subway @ Market Mall

Onions
pickles
sauces.

WTF??? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

lol, eat there often? that's all over the city man

Charon
10-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Subway in Midnapore was pretty good when I lived down there. There was a fat kid making sandwiches, one for him and then one for you. I swear those were the biggest subway sandwiches ever. He used to just load everything on it and the bun could hardly hold anymore. It was at the point I had to take shit out because there was too much veggi in it.

EnRich
10-30-2005, 04:43 PM
your a pussy for not throwing that sandwich at them after they ripped you off 10 bucks and you stood there 30 min...