PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Mopar. . . ?

GothicSmurf
07-02-2002, 02:50 PM
Hey guys, any of you have past experiance dealing with Mopar? or have a Mopar catalog? Am too cheap to buy one, might want to jot down some numbers if any of you have one, was looking for an aftermarket turbo for my 87 Daytona (2.2L), and I know there's a catalog out there. . Just gotta find someone who has one.

Also, does anyone have any good/bad past experiences with mopar?

speedracer
07-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Renfrew Chrysler is prob one of the better ones.
They will actually look up parts if they can't find it and call up warehouses to see if they have it in stock. \Plus they actually call you when the part arrives :)

Mopar Catalog - IMO not worth buying just hang out at the parts center and look over the parts. (try buymopar.com - great prices but I find for the most part that parts are cheaper here than the US - weird??)

Avoid Varsity at all cost!

I forgot to mention - Airdrie usually has the cheapest price - $5-10 difference.

GothicSmurf
07-02-2002, 03:35 PM
actually, my dad is best buds with a guy from southside dodge, but didn't know if the dealership was a good place to look for aftermarket

speedracer
07-02-2002, 03:45 PM
If you can get employee pricing then it's all good :thumbsup:

I find that all mopar equiplement is medium in terms of performance for more modern vehicals but then again it's VERY streetable.

5.9 R/T
07-02-2002, 10:12 PM
I've always used renfrew, the people behind the counter are good and are willing to go out of their way to ensure you get the right parts. They are willing to deal, just say "is that the best price you can give me?" but you usually won't have to do that. I was checking on header prices for the R/T and the first price they quoted me was employee pricing, no haggling or anything.