PDA

View Full Version : MP3/WMA Cd's

The Rider
10-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Now that I have an MP3 deck I've started trying to burn some MP3/WMA cd's. The problem I'm having is that the cd's all burn in alphabetical order. I want them to burn according to the order of their original track numbers. I know this isn't entirely car related, but I'm hoping that enough of you have MP3 decks out there that someone might have come across this.

Anyone know of a program that let's you pick the track order before you burn it?

GTS Jeff
10-28-2005, 01:23 AM
The easiest thing to do would be to rename the files with the track numbers preceding the song name. I use a utility called mp3 tag tools to modify my mp3s all at once.

HTH

The Rider
10-28-2005, 01:30 AM
That would the easiest thing to do, but a lot of my music is WMA format and so far I haven't found a renaming utility works with WMA. I'll give that one a try though.

Nufy
10-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Nero lets you set the order in which you burn...

Grip172
10-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Nufy
Nero lets you set the order in which you burn...

it does?! i couldn't find it....

Bill Cosby
10-28-2005, 06:43 PM
you cant on mp3 cds pretty sure, i was having this problem too, so i just selected different folders or, and, put the cd settings to random and listened to whatever played..

Supa Dexta
10-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Just found this:

Songs play on MP3 CD player in alphabetical order - Musicmatch Jukebox version 7.2+

You have Musicmatch Burner Plus set to sort the tracks in alphabetical order when burned to a CD. To allow Musicmatch Burner Plus to burn the files to the CD in the order they appear in your Playlist, do the following:

- Click the "Burn" button in Musicmatch Jukebox to open Musicmatch Burner Plus.
- Click the "Options" button in Musicmatch Burner Plus.
- Select the "Settings" menu option.
- Click the "MP3" tab.
- Remove the check box next to "Arrange files numerically then alphabetically" under the "Options" heading.
- Click the "OK" button to save your changes and exit the Musicmatch Burner Plus Options dialog.

Once this is done, the MP3 CD will be created in the order that the files appeared in your playlist. Please note that by default, Windows Explorer sorts the information on a data CD in alphabetical order. Unfortunately, there is not a way to sort files on a data CD in the order in which they were placed on the CD using Windows Explorer.

If you would like to play the MP3 files you put on the CD in the order of the original playlist with your computer, simply double click the Playlist.M3U file on the CD. Your MP3 CD player should automatically play the files in the order they were put on the CD

Mr. Burns
10-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Name the tracks like this:

01 - jsdf;kjshdaf
02 - kjshdfs
03 - psdoiufhwadf

dont foget the 0's at the beginning tho or you will get:

1 - kjasfd
10 - asdf
11 - asdf
02 - asdfas
03 - sadfasfd

EDIT: don't use musicmatch if you dont have to. Musicmatch is the biggest POS.

brodmeister
10-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by mrburnsvw
don't use musicmatch if you dont have to. Musicmatch is the biggest POS.

IT IS THE KING OF POS!

derek123
11-01-2005, 09:38 PM
also a contender for king of spyware.

just use nero...

dragonone
11-03-2005, 01:49 PM
wow this would take forever if it was a full mp3/wma disc
maybe just try putting them in folders first, that way u can save a bit of the time

stevieo
11-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by dragonone
wow this would take forever if it was a full mp3/wma disc
maybe just try putting them in folders first, that way u can save a bit of the time

they still arrange the folders in alphabetical order.

soo i just do what another guy said

rename files if i have to

ect.