PDA

View Full Version : Bojangles

lastprodigy
10-28-2005, 12:41 AM
WTF is bojangles or MR Bojangles....I cant get that word out of my head and i dont knwo what it is but i know its something!

jaysas_63
10-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
WTF is bojangles or MR Bojangles....I cant get that word out of my head and i dont knwo what it is but i know its something!

i'm thinking southpark, but can't pinpoint it...

jaysas_63
10-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Mr. Bojangles :
The famous African-American dancer, Bill Robinson, who taught Shirley Temple how to tap dance and starred with her in many movies.

Eventhough this Spanish American War vet, was celebrated. He was often descriminated against due to the color of his skin. Many artist such as Bob Dylan and Sammy Davis Jr have paid tribute to him through their art.

Bojangles came to represent oppressed or discriminated people who have a special warm and caring relationship with the children of the oppressor.

courtesy UD

BerserkerCatSplat
10-28-2005, 01:34 AM
It was also a song that was covered by many different artists.

Hakkola
10-28-2005, 02:42 PM
SIMPSONS.

I believe Mr Bojangles was also a name Lisa gave to one of her cats in the episode where she keeps getting cats and they keep dying.

wildrice
10-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
SIMPSONS.

I believe Mr Bojangles was also a name Lisa gave to one of her cats in the episode where she keeps getting cats and they keep dying.

Doesn't she just rename them snowball I, snoball II etc. in that episode?

Hakkola
10-28-2005, 05:22 PM
I don't know, but I keep hearing the words Mr. Bojangles in my head in Lisa's voice. Maybe I'm crazy.

I know they weren't all snowball 1,2,3 etc... because one of the cats was named after a composer, or musician, I think his name started with a "C." Can't remember his name and now it really bugs me. Anybody know?

Edit - it was Coltrane

And I can't find anything on bojangles, but I'm sure there is some cartoon that mentions his name, either Family Guy, Simpsons, or unlikely but possible, Futurama.