PDA

View Full Version : AutoShield

dtdyson
10-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Just wanted to put the word out there regarding AutoShield warranties (AutoShield was purchased by ASI recently so don't be fooled if you're told your warranty company is ASI - they are still AutoShield at heart). Please learn from thousands of other peoples' misfortunes. If you are buying a car and your option for an extended warranty is AutoShield - DO NOT BUY THE CAR!!!!!

Autoshield is perhaps the most customer-unfriendly company on the planet. I have had FOUR seperate GMC dealerships talk to me about how horrible they are to deal with, how they use the contract you sign as a sledgehammer to slime their way out of paying for every possible claim and how absolutely arrogant their claims adjusters are.

I have personally had two claims denied by AutoShield - one was my starter motor dying on my GMC Yukon Denali - they denied the claim because they said I didn't contact them within 5 days of the incident as is stated in my contract - the dealership called them the same day I came in but it was a US holiday and no one returned the call for 4 days until we were beyond the 5 day window. The second denial came two weeks ago - my front differential died on the highway - the dealership said it was bone dry - I have never had any leaks of any kind with this vehicle and I had my service records to show my perfect maintenance record since purchase. AutoShield denied the claim ($3600) - I argued with them for a while until they agreed to send an investigator to look at the truck - they said there was a film around the O-ring showing long term leakage - once again, the dealership defended me by saying that the O-ring only leaked when hot, so never anywhere where I would see it - only when hot which is while driving so how could I have known - also, my dealership that had been servicing this vehicle had never noticed any leakage. AutoShield quoted a section & paragraph from my contrcat which dealt with damage due to lubricant issues and denied the claim again. Both dealerships are completely in awe of how bad this company is to deal with. I am now getting a lawyer to go after them.
If anyone else has AutoShield or ASI horror stories, pls feel free to forward them to me as I will also be contacting GM - GM is not without responsibility here - they contracted AutoShield and have to bear the responsibility of the partners they choose...
Emails of AutoShield or ASI issues can be sent to [email protected] (NO SPAM pls - specific issues only)
thx, Dave