PDA

View Full Version : Good car performance store in calgary?

Shoobs
07-02-2002, 08:51 PM
Whats a good car performance store in Calgary,AB?:dunno: :confused:

cocoabrova
07-02-2002, 08:55 PM
What type of car?? What kind of performance i.e mild to wild??:dunno: :woot:

legendboy
07-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Whats shakin Al? :D

Shoobs
07-02-2002, 08:59 PM
i dont own a car yet,but im thinkin of gettin a honda civ or a supra

driven
07-02-2002, 09:02 PM
a honda civic or a supra? damn those are about the two furthest extremes on the import spectrum

Shoobs
07-02-2002, 09:56 PM
nice arn't they:thumbsup: :bigpimp:

2000impreza
07-02-2002, 11:51 PM
go to speedville :thumbsup:

Audi Kid
07-02-2002, 11:53 PM
man this is a joke.........dude my shop will soop your GT bike to the nuts..............i can hook you up with some nice 26" spoked wheels and shit man.......

LUDELVR
07-03-2002, 12:03 AM
Ummm......I'm gonna have to say........SPEEDVILLE......hahahahahha Yah right!!!! Only go there if you plan on doing an insurance claim!!!!!:rofl:

Audi Kid
07-03-2002, 12:05 AM
hahahah

pr5owner
07-03-2002, 12:08 AM
there are none deal with it

Fluidic
07-03-2002, 12:29 AM
Speedville rocks dudes!!

LOL

I would trust my Porsche GT2 there any day... and I would leave it there when I leave the country during my vacations... and leave three sets of keys!! :) (NOT!!!) LOL

Peter

ninspeed
07-03-2002, 01:22 AM
i was at RPM today.. not a bad new set up thay have..
Now it all depends on what you want and what car..
If it is the supra.. reg at RCTS
If it is the honda.. what are you doing? Body work.. RPM, Engine.. Turner works (nelson)..
So much to consider..
DO NOT GO TO speedville.. let see.. 500$ for a muffler?? Up yours buddy.. 3 days to install.. where you going with my car???

Before you take your car to anyshop.. post here

Redlyne_mr2
07-03-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ninspeed
i was at RPM today.. not a bad new set up thay have..
Now it all depends on what you want and what car..
If it is the supra.. reg at RCTS
If it is the honda.. what are you doing? Body work.. RPM, Engine.. Turner works (nelson)..
So much to consider..
DO NOT GO TO speedville.. let see.. 500$ for a muffler?? Up yours buddy.. 3 days to install.. where you going with my car???

Before you take your car to anyshop.. post here
you must have had weird luck with speeville because they've always had everything I've needed at great prices. Do not go to any of the others listed above, speedville will save you time and money, go check out Furiously Fast up in the north east near the airport that place rules too:thumbsup:

Diesel
07-03-2002, 10:28 AM
Honestly, if you want good quality work, go see Roberto or Gabriel at RPM Racing. In this city there are no others...:clap: :clap: :clap:

kevie88
07-03-2002, 10:46 AM
I went to Speedville and the fellow at the counter said I was crazy to put an H22A into my 93 Prelude ( the car the H22 comes in stock...) because it would 'ruin the handling and make it understeer like crazy'.. then he was going to charge me around $1000 for a custom exhaust.

:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
07-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
I went to Speedville and the fellow at the counter said I was crazy to put an H22A into my 93 Prelude ( the car the H22 comes in stock...) because it would 'ruin the handling and make it understeer like crazy'.. then he was going to charge me around $1000 for a custom exhaust.

:rofl:
told you they knew their shit:thumbsup:

Shoobs
07-03-2002, 11:14 AM
wheres speedville located?

2000impreza
07-03-2002, 11:39 AM
623 Manitou Rd SE, Calgary, AB T2G4C2
(403) 214-3680
(403) 214-3682 (fax)
http://www.speedville.ca

Redlyne_mr2
07-03-2002, 11:53 AM
"We eat, drink and sleep performance, we will do everything, in our power, to help you achieve the level of performance you want, along with show car quality, interior and exterior mods. "
see what I mean by being all pro..they did up my friend Roja's car, great job
http://www.speedville.ca/11.jpg:thumbsup:

Evan
07-03-2002, 01:46 PM
Is Auto Zeal any good?

kevie88
07-03-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Evan
Is Auto Zeal any good?

Nick's a great guy, he knows his Preludes really well so I'll go to him first. I don't really know anyone else there that well so I can't really speak for them..

Diesel
07-03-2002, 05:02 PM
if it's a Honda you're going to tune...go to RPM. Speedville told me I couldn't put 18's on my car, because they wouldn't allow me to turn properly...swear to God, thats what they said.

Roberto, Gabriel, Branko...just go see them first...talk to them, and they'll help you out...

5gluder
07-03-2002, 08:02 PM
First time i went to Speedville I had a chat with one of the fellows. I was asking for pricing on headers and pullies, somehow we started talking about nitrous. He told me that my H22A could take a 200 shot of nitrous, with no problems. I thought he was joking, but apparently he said my engine could sustaine that shot over and over again with no probs. After that me and my buddy just left, never went back.

B18C
07-03-2002, 08:27 PM
Most of the shops in Calgary are pretty good. Every shop will have it's share of haters and worshippers. Just go to the one that gives you what you want and that you are comfortable dealing with. I don't think that any shop will outright try to rip you off.

max_boost
07-03-2002, 08:37 PM
It depends what you are looking for, each shop offers various products and services

cocoabrova
07-03-2002, 10:41 PM
Isn't Speedville where that guy worked that stole some turbo/turbo parts off someone else's Porsche a while back??:thumbsdow

B18C
07-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Isn't Speedville where that guy worked that stole some turbo/turbo parts off someone else's Porsche a while back??:thumbsdow

It was something like that. I don't think the shop had anything to do with it though. It could have happened to any shop, IMO.

todaB18c5
07-04-2002, 12:40 AM
If you want honda performance parts and styling accessories, goto autozeal...

they know there shit about performance, there not slow like tunerworks...youll never get a hold of this nelson character..lol

engine swaps, turbo/super/nos, basicly anything they will do(performance wize)...best engine swappers for hondas in calgary at autozeal

Weapon_R
07-04-2002, 12:45 AM
Does autozeal actually do any mechanical work? Or do they just sell parts?

max_boost
07-04-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by todaB18c5
If you want honda performance parts and styling accessories, goto autozeal...

they know there shit about performance, there not slow like tunerworks...youll never get a hold of this nelson character..lol

engine swaps, turbo/super/nos, basicly anything they will do(performance wize)...best engine swappers for hondas in calgary at autozeal

Tunerworks is only slow because they are really busy, too busy for new customers it seems.

As for Autozeal guys being the best engine swappers in Calgary?You sure about that? Not to take anything away from the Autozeal guys, they are knowledgeable/skillful but I don't think even they would lay claim to being the best

And you would be surprised how many people call up this nelson character for advice on how to do honda/acura tuning

4wheeldrift
07-04-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

I've heard some not terribly nice things about every shop in calgary, just everyone likes to beat on speedville for some reason. I've had good experiences with them, it just depends on who you deal with there.

B18C
07-04-2002, 09:55 AM
I am a loyal Tunerworks follower. They have been very good to me since the beginning.

Autozeal is good too. A great bunch of guys. All they need now is a shop!

RPM. Never bought anything from them, but they are the only shop (other than Tunerworks) that has ever called me back with a quote when they said they would.

Speedville. I've talked to them once or twice. Seem nice enough. I think they have gotten more than their share of bad publicity and seem to be the preferred punching bag of the import community.

Impressions. Never dealt with them.

4wheeldrift
07-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Speedville seems to have sort of a split personality as a shop...theres a couple of guys there that really know their stuff, and then theres a couple of morons that don't have a clue. Depending on who you talk to you either got a lot of information or you walk out shaking your head. :dunno: