PDA

View Full Version : finally got my PRELUDE

*gq*kid
10-29-2005, 05:37 PM
2001.black.80000km.completely stock:drama:

wut should i do first?
not interested in subs and chrome rims haha
im thinkin..... trash the back seats, gut the trunk, lighten it up big time......then exaust(cat back or full thru?)
intake, new filters, new wires and plugs.
im on a budget

where should i go 4 parts and who does good work?

any advice let me know:clap

jdmakkord
10-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by *gq*kid

wut should i do first?
im thinkin..... trash the back seats, gut the trunk, lighten it up big time......then exaust(cat back or full thru?)
im on a budget

Are those mods in attempt to make it faster?:rofl:

talonboi
10-29-2005, 05:43 PM
dont gut the back seats just yet. get the basics first, i/h/e/

DJ Lazy
10-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Why are you going to gut it?? Do you final plans even require it to be gutted?

*gq*kid
10-29-2005, 06:05 PM
after buyin the car im pretty poor...im 4 sure gonna do exaust, intake, heads

im just listenin 4 recomendations..
who has good product, good/bad experiences wit certain shops?
CMS, tunerworks, impressions?

DJ Lazy
10-29-2005, 06:12 PM

CMS, Tunerworks, Speedtech... Those are the big players in town pretty much... Tunerworks deal more with Euro imports but they can get stuff for Japanese models...

I'ma speedtech fan.. They have treated me well everytime I go in there, and always gave me good advise with any questions I've had.. just personal preference..

*gq*kid
10-29-2005, 06:14 PM
yea ive been there once, the shop was inpressive, wasnt rpm around the same area?

l8braker
10-29-2005, 06:14 PM
don't gut anything, unless this is your 2nd car..... will be uncomfortable to drive around/live in day to day. doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

what you said before is a good start.

*gq*kid
10-29-2005, 06:15 PM
also if i was to try to reduce weight...
wut kinda things can the car do with out?

*gq*kid
10-29-2005, 06:19 PM
and cud someone explain the difference in exaust style
ive heared alot of different opinions

catback, full threw, cuttin out the catylitic converter...
is it possible to run 3" tubes on a lude?

rc2002
10-29-2005, 06:24 PM

You will save almost no weight taking out the back seats and gutting the trunk. Definitely not worth it.

You won't be able to run your OBD2 computer without throwing codes if you run a full thru - get a nice catback exhaust.

Intake - that's cheap and easy - almost every one is OK as long as you use a good filter. Better brands like AEM and Injen will give you less headache on install. If you REALLY wanted you could go new wires and plugs but you might as well go for the full tune up - do the distributor cap and PCV valve as well. I don't think that's warranted since your car is still so new.

As far as exhaust header goes, you won't get good gains out of one without spending big bucks. The only ones worth getting will cost you over $1000.

Impressions is closed down. CMS has some good sales throughout the year - you should wait. Bobby at Tunerworks knows the Prelude inside out too.

*gq*kid
10-29-2005, 06:29 PM
thanks alot man
yea i was thinkin AEM products, and ill deffinetly check out tuner works, by the way i wanted ur lude when it was up 4 sale, whyd u sell it?

pinoyhero
10-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Here's a tip savew your money for quality mods, dont go to canadian tire for headres just cause your on a budget, do it all right the first time

rc2002
10-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Please don't rip things out of the car for weight savings. You should've just bought a lighter car to begin with.

The Prelude was engineered for comfort. You buy it for the luxury. The few pounds you shed will not do anything. Just make more power from the motor.

rc2002
10-29-2005, 06:50 PM
thanks alot man
yea i was thinkin AEM products, and ill deffinetly check out tuner works, by the way i wanted ur lude when it was up 4 sale, whyd u sell it?

I just wanted something different. I dumped ALL my money into that car and it sucked to see all the money sitting there when I hardly drove it. You should've bought it when you had the chance! It really needed nothing.

There's a guy selling an AEM intake on beyond for $150. That'd be the way to go. Give me a PM if you want more info on the Prelude in general. I know a little bit about the car...

Police
10-29-2005, 06:55 PM
boost that shit, there are quite a few boosted h22's.:burnout:

chris
10-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

The only ones worth getting will cost you over $1000.
... and has a nice rectangular flange on it, maybe a smaller circular one before it????

Tai-Lun
10-30-2005, 02:25 AM
pm sent on some parts.

DannyO
10-30-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Police
boost that shit, there are quite a few boosted h22's.:burnout:

Thats my plan next summer. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the lude man, top notch cars.

1-Bar
10-30-2005, 02:04 PM
nice to know there's new luders coming up and about......I wouldn't gut the car, as previously stated its not worth it. The lowest weight on a fully gutted lude was around the 2800ish lbs mark which in relative terms is still a pig and your ride is shiet.....

I'd spend the money into performance mods.....as for modding, I would suggest you figure out what you wanna do and go from there. Nothing worse then flushing your money down the toilet cause you can't make up your mind.....if your interested in quality parts, I still have some left....haha

Hustla8484
10-30-2005, 02:12 PM
AEM V2 intake, adds like 8 whp as posted one AEM website, Mugen twin lood exhaust is sweet but like $1300 catback, and do suspension, none of which is cheap i know, and do the CF hood and trunk lid, cause they look awsome, keep it clean, and good luck, like to see some pics one day when you've got it looking the way you want

civicrider
10-30-2005, 02:17 PM
also if i was to try to reduce weight...
wut kinda things can the car do with out?

i gurantee if you take off what you can you will not notice a differnce exept your car will look like ass

*gq*kid
10-30-2005, 02:20 PM
yea i have big plans 4 sure
i will keep u all up to speed
thanks 4 the help:burnout:

*gq*kid
10-30-2005, 02:21 PM
where can i find mugen shit?
even a replica kit or front lip

rc2002
10-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Kingmotorsports is the official distributor of Mugen in North America. Everyone that carries it orders it through them. PM 98luder he's the only one I know of personally that has brought in mugen stuff. FYI Mugen never made a front lip only a front bumper cover for the lude.

andres_mt
10-30-2005, 03:58 PM
your car is heavy as shiet, good call on the weight reduction part :thumbsup:

1-Bar
10-30-2005, 04:11 PM
I've got a mugen header for sale pretty soon :thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
10-30-2005, 04:26 PM
do your research first - buy quality parts. you will save money in the long run, and you will be alot more happy with the results.

interlude
10-30-2005, 04:38 PM

wut should i do first?
im on a budget

Speedtech.. and ask for Lorne :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
10-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Didn't just smash it did you?

Just came by 50th/mac trail and one was smashed in, on the passenger side.. Looked like pretty bad damage, door and rear side were all pushed in and the rear wheel looked like this \ Some young guy standing there, a black infinity qx4 and a newer silver 4 runner that looked like it had front end damage as well.... Didn't have a camera so no spotted thread dedicated to it..

:)

95EagleAWD
10-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Are those mods in attempt to make it faster?:rofl:

Bwahahaha!!!! :rofl:

:poosie:

That's awesome!

*gq*kid
10-30-2005, 09:36 PM
bahaha funny:guns:

Skyline_Addict
10-30-2005, 09:41 PM
bahaha funny:guns:

they may be making fun of you but the point they're trying to get through is to not gut your car. please don't. it's pointless.

chris
10-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

they may be making fun of you but the point they're trying to get through is to not gut your car. please don't. it's pointless.
werd, most of this stuff is pointless. Save up your money and do something big and right, start with suspension and brakes, then go for power such as a turbo, that you'll actually be able to feel a difference with it.