PDA

View Full Version : Time To Think About Selling Your House Next Summer

mountaindog
10-29-2005, 08:36 PM
To be honest, selling a house is like selling your stocks as both of them go up and down every economic circle. Currently it is the best time in terms of economy in Calgary and we can see many people from different areas find job right the way. As I know, buying a house in Calgary now is like bidding in a crazy market. This weird phenomenon wonĄŻt last long and the prices of real estate will go down within 2 years with the dropping price of oil and gas later. So, many people canĄŻt keep their jobs at that time and they have to ...Ą_

My suggestion is to sell your house next summer.

tictactoe2004
10-29-2005, 08:56 PM
lol and who are you? heh

Sharpie
10-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Sell your house and buy time shares!

Raz2
10-29-2005, 09:03 PM
yes, and glow-in-the-dark sunglasses! SELL YOUR HOUSES AND LIVE IN HOTELS!

mountaindog
10-29-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004
lol and who are you? heh

I've been living here for more than 3 years and I was a investor back country in the field of stock market and real estate.

I have been watching the market since 2002 in Calgary. However, I am a engineer here and it is my personal opinion about this topic.:bigpimp:

mountaindog
10-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Sell your house and buy time shares!

The thing is many people have more than two houses in Calgary:angel:

Raz2
10-29-2005, 09:24 PM
who the fuck are many people?

hockeybronx
10-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Yes we should all sell our houses and go back to renting:dunno:

No way, I'm within months of buying my first condo... BUY! BUY! BUY!

toyboy88
10-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by mountaindog

Originally posted by Raz2
who the fcuk are many people?

:dunno:

phreezee
10-29-2005, 09:32 PM
HAHA. There some truth to what he says, because now is the time to flip your house before interest rates go up and the market slows! But he implies depreciation, which is wrong. Real Estate is one of the BEST investments anyone can make and is time tested to be true.

How do I know interest rates are going up? I got a pre-approved mortgage 2 weeks ago. 5 year term was set at 4.5%. I check today and a 5 year term is 4.77%. I was able to lock in at 4.5%:thumbsup:

B20EF
10-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Your basis (mountaindog) for this analysis is that the oil and gas market is going to drop in the next few years. Unless your a geophysicist as well, I'm going to have to side with my friend who is a geophysicist for encana and claims we have a more than a few good years left.

If oil and gas suddenly become obsolete than I would agree with you, but other than that, I don't see it dropping dramatically.

Sharpie
10-29-2005, 09:35 PM

More than 2 houses in calgary?:eek:

mountaindog
10-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

More than 2 houses in calgary?:eek:

Sorry, I don't mean real houses though I mean two properties.

For example, I bought a one bedroom apartment three years ago with a price of $70,000 and paid 20% for downpay. Later, I rented it out and I don't need to pay anything for that. The price of it is around $110,000.

Five months ago I bought a three bedroom apartment with 10% downpay. Look, I am not rich but I have two properties and this is what I mean. :D

craigcd
10-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Its for sure a sellers market. If you own now what is the point of selling? Unless you own more than one property.

Xtrema
10-30-2005, 01:42 AM
I ain't selling til I retire. Or someone pay me 2X market price.

:D

I believe there'll be a slight slow down next year as interest rate goes up and affordability goes down. Lower oil prices will also mean lower investment income to put into the real estate market.

I don't thing the bubble will burst but may deflate a bit. But all it take is crazy countries like Iran to do something stupid and oil will be up there again.

D. Dub
10-30-2005, 09:33 AM
To be honest, selling a house is like selling your stocks as both of them go up and down every economic circle. Currently it is the best time in terms of economy in Calgary and we can see many people from different areas find job right the way. As I know, buying a house in Calgary now is like bidding in a crazy market. This weird phenomenon wonĄŻt last long and the prices of real estate will go down within 2 years with the dropping price of oil and gas later. So, many people canĄŻt keep their jobs at that time and they have to ...Ą_

My suggestion is to sell your house next summer.

then where am I supposed to live :dunno:

jdmakkord
10-30-2005, 09:40 AM
We sold our 15 year old home for a 125000 profit this week, but are building a home worth 3 times the value of the one we were in. Kinda a good investment, seeing as our land we are building on has already increased in value 30,000 in 8 months:)

Neil4Speed
10-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Your note about oil prices doesn't sound particularily viable. Below $40 oil will neve happen, if you ask me.

JAYMEZ
10-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Hell , my condo went up 15k before I had even moved into the damn place LOL , but im not sure about selling them anytime soon , there is still alot of ppl with alot of damn money and thats not gonna change for a long time.

max_boost
10-30-2005, 02:08 PM
As long as my house goes up $20K/year I will be happy. I've only been here for one month and looks like I can get that already. Inner-City owns you.
The day when an infill goes for $1million, I'll sell it and retire. :bigpimp: