10-30-2005, 04:36 PM
spicy thai tuna :drool:

Marsh
10-30-2005, 04:37 PM
i just eat green peppers and mustard

i heard tomatoes aren't bad with it

lastprodigy
10-30-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah the whole thing by itselg gets kinda dry sometime....usually just a tiny bit of low fat mayo in there!

1-Cent
10-30-2005, 04:56 PM
I squirt some lemon in the can :dunno:

Grip172
10-30-2005, 05:22 PM
try it with ketchup haha

sometimes i mix it with alfredo sauce and pasta!

oh and tuna can be tasty with honey mustard too

three.eighteen.
10-30-2005, 06:37 PM
horseradish isnt bad, sometimes if i have one of the chunky seafood chowders i just chuck a can of tuna in there, its like 50g protein total then

lude_grl
10-30-2005, 06:51 PM
three words...

tuna noodle caserole

Chim
10-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Eken9
out of the can:dunno:

:werd:

Just have a glass of water on standby and warf it down.

Fragz
10-30-2005, 07:27 PM
I take a can of tuna and mix it with 1/2 c oatmeal and 1 TBSP of fat-free italian dressing or lite mayo.

I mix it together and form a pancake and then fry it in the George Foreman grill until the outside is golden brown.

:thumbsup:

Davetronz
10-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Ok here goes:
1). With Mayo and Lemon Juice
2). With Mayo and Relish
3). On a salad with fat free Italian Dressing
4). Out of the can, onto bread, throw some cheese on top, toss some margerine on the bread and wrap her in tin foil, toss this on the BBQ and flip half way... Tuna meltage.
5). I have never cooked this before but it tastes damn good when someone else does it for me.. Breadcrums, tuna, celery and spices... There might be an egg in there too, toss it in the oven and you have some sort of fishy loaf.
6). Mac and Cheese and mix in some tuna.
7). Toss it on anything that you would put chicken or ground beef on... (Pasta, nachos, party crackers)....

I used to HATE tuna and salmon... Now I eat it because it is tasty and healthy!

pitwipe
10-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Davetronz
Breadcrums, tuna, celery and spices... There might be an egg in there too, toss it in the oven and you have some sort of fishy loaf.

Mmmm, fishy loaf :poosie: :drool: LOL.

three.eighteen.
10-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Fragz
I take a can of tuna and mix it with 1/2 c oatmeal and 1 TBSP of fat-free italian dressing or lite mayo.

I mix it together and form a pancake and then fry it in the George Foreman grill until the outside is golden brown.

wtf? pics plz lol

pinoyhero
10-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Eken9
out of the can:dunno:

I try but its too damn dry and plain.

pinoyhero
10-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by logix
spicy thai tuna :drool:

recipe?

pinoyhero
10-30-2005, 09:12 PM

That sounds cool, thanks I'll give it a try.

pitwipe
10-30-2005, 09:12 PM
I mix with some low fat mayo and chopped bell pepper, then put it in a whole-wheat wrap.

Supa Dexta
10-30-2005, 09:19 PM
I never liked tuna (I always wanted to go fishing for it when I was off shore crab fishing but never did yet, it's a hell of a fish to catch) Anyways, tuna melts are where it's at.. Mix er up with some mayo sprinkle in some pepper, take 2 buns (4 halves for 1 can) swipe some mayo on them split up the tuna between the 4, then cut some thin cheese slices and cover the top, throw it in the oven, just on the rack at 350 for a few minutes, till the cheese is melted and buns get toasty, then have at er'....

:)

Tyler883
10-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Has anyone said Tuna with salsa? I'll eat it on a salad or on bread.

instant slop:

tuna, cottage cheese, frozen veggies(carrots, corn, peas) then nuke it and hide the flavor with spices. I don't get excited about it, but I can eat it regularly and its quick to make.

Tyler883
10-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Oops, one more idea:

I used to make tuna sandwiches with non-fat sour cream instead of mayo.

I'm not saying that it tastes the same, but it's got the moisture that I'm looking for, and it definitely doesn't taste bad.

logix
10-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

recipe?

lol it's just the canned Spicy Thai tuna they sell from Clover Leaf

http://www.cloverleaf.ca/data/images/products/SpicyThai_rethink3.jpg

Fragz
10-31-2005, 08:20 AM
also if you don't usually like the taste of Light Tuna... I always buy Albacore. It tastes much better and doesn't have that fishy taste that the usual Flaked light has.

The flavoured tunas are good, but some contain oil... just incase you are worried about that.

pitwipe
10-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Isn't Albacore the stuff with the high mercury content? :eek:

nambis
10-31-2005, 11:46 AM
tuna salad sandwiches are Sunterra's best selling sandwich.

the ingredients for their tuna salad are (sorry, i don't have exact amounts):

tuna
mayo
diced pickles
lemon juice
worchestire

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Vagabond142
10-31-2005, 01:13 PM
For me, tuna is to be had with finely diced pickles and some mayon, mixed vigorously and spread liberally on bread or in a wrap :thumbsup:

I also like to have it on lettuce with a dash of cottage cheese.

Also, one of my favorite dishes (and it's mighty healthy too) is to take some whole wheat flour, mix with water to make a good, tought but not "wet sticky" dough.... it should be dry to the touch but still quite elastic. Take little chunks of dough (about 1 inch balls) then roll them out very thin. Mix together chopped spinach, drained cottage cheese and some tuna with a tiny bit of can water still there (ie not totally pressed dry) and drop a dollop of that into the center of the round. Wet the edges of the round, fold it over into a pocket, press the edges down. Heat up a frying pan with a bit of veggie oil (not too much or the dish gets greasy) to moderately stinking hot, drop the dumplings into the pan, keep em moving around, flip em and then pour a little water into the pan (by now the oil should be gone) and KEEP THE DUMPLINGS MOVING or else they get stuck. Remove once both sides are golden brown and the dumpling is "squishy" to a spatulated touch

Tada. Cottage cheese and tuna dumplings with some spinach for good measure :D (aka potstickers)

Davetronz
10-31-2005, 01:32 PM
I forgot to mention... Albacore is the ONLY way to go :D

YCB
10-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Tuna, mixed with some eggs, and a frying pan... sort of an omelet, or a denver type thing. (could also put some, chopped onions, green/red peppers etc...

or, tuna, mayo mixed, put it on some bread, slap on a piece of kraft fat free cheese, and pop it on the toaster oven.. tastes ok haha..

just gotta experiment..

lastprodigy
10-31-2005, 07:47 PM
rite now eating with some mayo and a shit load of hot sauce ..and pepper!

ZorroAMG
10-31-2005, 09:23 PM
Try this award winning Zorro concoction....

Ingredients:

1 can of Chunk light tuna
Lime Juice
Lemon Juice
Sambal Oelek chili paste
Hy's seasoning salt
Hint of Jalepeno tostito Tortilla chips

Directions
-Empty can into a bowl, break up the chunks
-squirt in lime juice so the tuna is soaked
-add sambal Oelek to taste
-3 shakes of hy's seasoning
-one suirt of lemon juice

-scoop up tuna with tortilla and enjoy...

YOU WILL BECOME ADDIDCTED!

bulaian
11-01-2005, 09:18 AM
for sandwiches i usually mix a can of tuna with barbeque sauce and a ton of pepper. Ends up tasting more like smoked salmon than tuna.

in*10*se
11-01-2005, 12:32 PM
hamburger helper/tuna helper... :thumbsup:

pinoyhero
11-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Just threw a can into a batch of mac and cheese, was damn good!

Fragz
11-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Try this award winning Zorro concoction....

Ingredients:

1 can of Chunk light tuna
Lime Juice
Lemon Juice
Sambal Oelek chili paste
Hy's seasoning salt
Hint of Jalepeno tostito Tortilla chips

Directions
-Empty can into a bowl, break up the chunks
-squirt in lime juice so the tuna is soaked
-add sambal Oelek to taste
-3 shakes of hy's seasoning
-one suirt of lemon juice

-scoop up tuna with tortilla and enjoy...

YOU WILL BECOME ADDIDCTED!
Hmm that sounds good, I just might have to try that! Where do you find the Sambal chili paste?

pinoyhero
11-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Just had a tuna melt and put some tabasco on for extra taste.

Half a can on each of two piecs of bread, put processed cheese on top, with a touch of peper, throw in oven on broil. Once cheese is good and melted then take out, add tabasco if wanted and eat. Very easy, very good, 40g of protien.

Tyler883
11-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe
Isn't Albacore the stuff with the high mercury content? :eek:

Higher than light tuna by about 3-5 times, but both levels are a mere fraction of the mercury levels in that Japanese village( one of the few cases where mercury poison has ever surfaced)

If you are not pregnate, I'd say go crazy. If you are, don't take any chances with a developing fetus.

logix
11-02-2005, 02:29 AM

Hmm that sounds good, I just might have to try that! Where do you find the Sambal chili paste?

Sambal Oelek you can find in T&T, the market in New Asia, and a lot of other places(Most asian supermarkets haha). Not too sure if they sell it at Superstore or not.. ;)

Vagabond142
11-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Well, I had a bit of a dilemna today... I had a can of tuna, and a container of cottage cheese, and I couldn't decide which I wanted to have for lunch.....

so I had both! :eek: Mix one can o' tuna with 1.5 times (so about 200g) cottage cheese to the tuna. Mix vigorously, dump onto whole grain bread, voila, instant sandwich. I also ate the leftover tuna/cottage cheese mix with a couple of cherry tomatoes and it was goooood :thumbsup:

Grip172
11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
oh god..cottage cheese is sooo gross

try tuna and ranch dressing today..its SOOO GOOD!!

i had some leftover ranch from my carrots dipping sauce supply and mixed it in with tuna..soooo very good

Vagabond142
11-05-2005, 04:02 PM
cottage cheese = win :werd:

urbannomad
11-05-2005, 11:39 PM
low fat mayo and tuna with some black pepper.. and two loafs of bread... hmmm hmmm good. leave it in the fridge and get it the next day! Oh the mercury is good!

pinoyhero
11-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Just threw some on a bagged salad, with a touch of italian dressing, working pretty good.

I seem to be eating about a can a day, great source of protien.

JordanEG6
11-06-2005, 04:51 PM
box of spaghetti (or whatever pasta you like)
1/4 cup of virgin olive oil
3/4 - 1 cup of alfredo pasta sauce
1 diced red pepper
2 minced garlic cloves
1 can of tuna
1 tsp lemon juice
2-3 tsp parsley

lastprodigy
11-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Just threw some on a bagged salad, with a touch of italian dressing, working pretty good.

I seem to be eating about a can a day, great source of protien.

I would cut back a little....

pinoyhero
11-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

I would cut back a little....

OK now you got me thinking...
What wrong with eating a lot of tuna?

Davetronz
11-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Mmmm just had some on bread with mayo and relish... so DELICIOUS...

lastprodigy
11-13-2005, 12:18 PM

OK now you got me thinking...
What wrong with eating a lot of tuna?

I have been told that 3-4 times a week ok...but a can a day the mercury might get to ya eventually ;)

Davetronz
11-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I thought modern day tuna is next to mercury free??

JordanEG6
11-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

I have been told that 3-4 times a week ok...but a can a day the mercury might get to ya eventually ;)

Originally posted by Davetronz
I thought modern day tuna is next to mercury free??

there's mercury in tuna? :dunno: lol

pinoyhero
11-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Interesting, maybe I'll cut back a bit then

jaysas_63
11-13-2005, 05:22 PM
the mercury levels in the canned tuna are low enough that it is safe to eat a can a day....now those tuna steaks are a different story, but in terms of the canned chunk light, the mercury levels are under a certain concentration which is deemed ok for a daily dosage...

when i was going hard on the protein i ate 2 cans of this stuff for lunch every day...

Davetronz
11-13-2005, 07:02 PM
I have heard that albacore is mercury free?...

5hift
11-19-2005, 01:32 AM
I doubt there is anything really wrong with tuna, but like anything, you have to keep it in moderation. There's tons of other protien sources besides tuna.

89coupe
11-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I was too lazy to read every reply so here is my favourite tuna can recipe.

1 can tuna
1 box of your favourite macaroni with cheese
1 cup of peas

Cook macaroni and peas separately and then mix all three ingredients together.

Yum. :)

LadyVenom
12-02-2005, 02:21 AM
I used to eat a can of tuna, with some bagged salad, and ranch dressing almost every day. mmm mmm good.

But since I can't chew anything now, I'm all into the tuna with a lil bit of light mayo, and tomato with basil salad dressing. Tuna helper is good too.

And since people started talking about Cottage Cheese.... mmm mmmm good too! Tuna and cottage cheese are the easiest and best tasting forms of protein for me to eat.

cityhunter2501
12-02-2005, 02:39 AM
tuna pate spread on half egg?

vitello tonnato?
http://italianfood.about.com/od/boiledbeef/r/blr0064.htm

or with spinach/romaine, olive oil, fresh mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes, black olives

FatboyTheHungry
12-02-2005, 10:56 AM
1. Empty a drained can of tuna on top of a big bowl of rice.
2. Break open a couple eggs over it, and microwave for 3 minutes.
3. Enjoy!

danno567
01-18-2006, 12:12 PM
ok, try this one. it may sound bad, but its real good.

you need
tortilla shell
salsa
can of tuna
cream cheese

in a bowl mix the can of tuna, a 1/2 cup of salsa, and 1/2 cup or so of cream cheese. mix well, add pepper and salt.
spread out on the shell, roll up and bake in your toaster oven for 5 mins or so, until the shell is browned and the cheese has melted.
take out and enjoy. one can of tuna should do two shells.

pm me if you try and let me know how it tasted!

-d

Vagabond142
01-18-2006, 01:58 PM
This always works for me :D

1 can tuna (99% drained)
1 or 2 good almost-ripe tomatoes (should be kind of hard still)
Mozzarella cheese (grated)
Bagels or bread, whatever you want

Scoop the tuna into a bowl with a little bit of the packing water in there, to keep the tuna wet. Break it up with a fork or some such, then dump the mozzarella in, mix it together.

Take tomato, cut into slices, place slices on toasted bagel or bread (fresh or toasted).

Microwave tuna mixture for a minute, stir once at 30 seconds. Inspect. If cheese is still mostly "hard" nuke it another 30. You should get some hot tuna with melted mozza throughout.

Scoop mixture out over tomatoes on bread/bagel.

Enjoy :) For added zip you can put some pepper and or spices into the tuna mixture before nuking.

VARIATION: Scoop cold tuna mixture onto tomatoes and bread/bagel, then nuke together (but you'll need a knife and fork to eat this as it is soft but super-yummy)

00CivicSi
01-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Tuna and franks red hot sauce

wildrice
01-18-2006, 03:13 PM
SAVE THE TUNA!

pinoyhero
01-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by wildrice
SAVE THE TUNA!

LOL, its save on tuna...elvis

JordanEG6
01-22-2006, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by wildrice
SAVE THE TUNA!

BUMBLE-BAY-TUNA!

lastprodigy
01-22-2006, 04:22 PM

LOL, its save on tuna...elvis

:werd: LOL:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anywyas, I usually eat the tuna as a snack....with a little bit of lowfat mayo, black pepper, shit load of hot sauce....sometimes cut tiny little cubes of cheese, microwave it and have a tuna melt without the bread...