PDA

View Full Version : what to do what to do??

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2003, 09:29 PM
what should i buy now that im keeping my car?

1.struts
2.rims
3.projector headlights
4.tail lights
5.skirt kit
6.stereo
7.double my car payments for 3 months
8.buy another d16 and rebuild mine

im just curious if theres anything else i missed?
thnx

just remembered, or 2 new seats ie: sparcos or corbeau's

mrmattyk
02-17-2003, 09:31 PM
7, pay that shit off. You are getting pwn3d by compounding interest. In the long run you will have more money left over after that shit is paid off.

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2003, 09:33 PM
im at 6 grand right now, if i double my payments for 3 months that works out to 4590 left.
hmmmm maybe:confused:

kaput
02-17-2003, 09:38 PM

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2003, 09:43 PM
i got a loan from the bank and i paid 8***
dude i can go shopping next week if you want lol.
a couple of things are in the works.;) a good thing for you.

Smartiepants
02-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Pay the car off then rims

EG STyLeZ
02-17-2003, 09:50 PM
i'd for sure help pay the car off before buying other shit for the car.

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2003, 10:17 PM
ya im thinkin that but id like to have my car lowered and have some rims. maybe if i could get a stock set of gsr or sir rims for summer and try and pay everything off before next spring.

Glowrider
02-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Double your car payments for 3 months. Get that bitch paid off.

04blackMAX
02-17-2003, 10:28 PM
fuk that live a lil......man your whole life is gonna be monthly payments, id get some nice rims.

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2003, 10:30 PM
so i can do it in 12-13 months if i do double payments

this could seriously work and when i get more hours when i move shops ill still have and extra 1000 bucks kickin around at the end of the month. thats after gas and insurance:clap:

I WIN:clap:

oh and if i wait and finish my car, i have 28 months left to pay off, im cutting that shit in half if i start doubling:thumbsup:

finboy
02-17-2003, 10:30 PM
double payments, sell the honda, and get something with a turbo ;)

Weapon_R
02-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Fuck the payments, just go and buy yourself something nice :).

max_boost
02-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Do a balance of both! Are you under a balloon payment system for your loan?

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2003, 11:41 PM
nope once its done its done. the max left is 28 months. so just about 2.5 yrs. i can cut that down to 1 yr if i keep working hard, and try not to spend money on my car.
its just so tempting:banghead:
well with moving to a new shop, ill be making more and able to make double payments and still do stuff to my car.
so for sure this spring i will

now everyone remember so if i dont, i have to work harder.
"i will have my vehicle lowered w/ tanabe springs, tokico struts and have some sort of aluminum rims"

civic_stylez
02-17-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Smartiepants
Pay the car off then rims

thats the best way to go!:thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
02-17-2003, 11:59 PM
i never used to think so but im thinkin its a good idea

plus it will help my credit, and chances of getting a mortgage down the road.

Smartiepants
02-18-2003, 05:53 PM
Honestly paying things off is the best way to go. I'm a cheap guy and paying extra just to have it now and later makes me angry, they get your hard earned cash for doing nothing. I'd rather pay it off now while you hav the chance rather than letting it go down to the wire.

cocoabrova
02-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Honestly paying things off is the best way to go. I'm a cheap guy and paying extra just to have it now and later makes me angry, they get your hard earned cash for doing nothing. I'd rather pay it off now while you hav the chance rather than letting it go down to the wire. Stop being such a Smartiepants:rofl::rofl: I say go build yourself a custom turbo kit and fukc the payments:thumbsup: Like vsmSIR said, your life is going to be all about payments... Might as well blow as much $$ as you can before you commit to bigger things like a mortgage;)

ecstasy_civic
02-18-2003, 09:20 PM
well i think im gonna alternate between months. like march double, april single,may double that way i can still buy stuff and cut teh payments down:thumbsup:

tegdream
02-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Honestly paying things off is the best way to go. I'm a cheap guy and paying extra just to have it now and later makes me angry, they get your hard earned cash for doing nothing. I'd rather pay it off now while you hav the chance rather than letting it go down to the wire.

dammit nick...haha cheap guy eh?:rolleyes: ....ahem new golf ahem :D

CLiVE
02-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Just sell the Rx7, that will give you most a good chunk of the money for Rims. Then save up the rest, and continue doubling payments, etc.

mrmattyk
02-19-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by memystealthandi
Just sell the Rx7, that will give you most a good chunk of the money for Rims. Then save up the rest, and continue doubling payments, etc.

Much like AWD, I do believe he knows what he is talking about. The insurance, gas and high maintenance of an rx-7 would kill anyone financially running another vehicle. Still wanna sell it to my friend?

THREE40SEVEN
02-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Cocaine and hookers for everyone!!! ;) j/k

CLiVE
02-19-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by mrmattyk

Much like AWD, I do believe he knows what he is talking about. The insurance, gas and high maintenance of an rx-7 would kill anyone financially running another vehicle. Still wanna sell it to my friend?

haha. thanks man. That's what I would do....
Why do you think I "sold" (gave) my other car to my fiancee...now she pays the insurance...:D

Speed_Dreams
02-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Pay the car off.....then get an engine swap.....B18C5:thumbsup:

mrmattyk
02-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
Pay the car off.....then get an engine swap.....B18C5:thumbsup:

Wouldn't you have to move back the firewall like 2-3 inches for it to fit? Scott's plan for an engine would make it an ITR killer :thumbsup:

ACS-e36
02-19-2003, 05:03 PM
rims rims rims

hkcivic2k2
02-19-2003, 07:27 PM
You should sell that RX7... Doing no good just sitting there... that'll get you $2000 for rims if that cars in good condition....
Whats the point of having a good stereo when your car looks like shit??? So ppl look and say... Thats guys an idiot??
Whats the point of getting suspension done on stick rims that are 15" or less??? Theres absolutly no point in even trying new Head lights or Rear lights until the car itself looks decent enough to give it that new agressive look.... Anyone that puts bodykits on their cars using stock wheels is a complete idiot... You'll looks like you can afford a better looking car so you bought that to make it look as best you can... One guy said your whole lifes one payment after the other... Hes basically right... Summers just around the corner.... And if I were you I'd be wanting to live it up... Invest in some nice 17"+ rims and if you have any money left over get H&R Springs and lower your car to get rid of that nasty wheel well gap.... Make sure you have enough to continue making payments on your car.... Otherwise everything else is pointless.... Rather double your payment if you dont get rims first...

RICH

ecstasy_civic
02-19-2003, 09:07 PM
well, looks like im selling the rx7 lol. yes mr. mattyk idf your friend wants it he can have it, memystealthandi if your brother in law wants it, he can have it. lol./

well i have the springs, going to have the struts very soon and within 3 month i will have a set of sir rims or 17's.

i just found out i got a 400 bonus on my checkj coming up so that should be fun.:D might pick up a buddies stereo for 250. 2 12's and an amp.
then im going to see where im at after its lowered, stereo and rims:thumbsup:

the motor wont be done til december most likely but yes it will be quite a shocker.:angel:

I NEED TO SELL MY RX7, SOME ONE BUY FOR 1000 DOLLARS!:rofl:

Speed_Dreams
02-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

I NEED TO SELL MY RX7, SOME ONE BUY FOR 1000 DOLLARS!:rofl:

mod's? Color? Milage? Turbo II? 5 Spd? Rust?

come on brotha details I have always wanted an FC

ecstasy_civic
02-19-2003, 09:17 PM
mods , after market mufflers, metallic grey, 217xxx kms, no, auto, very little. pictures in photo gallery, or search for lessons of the day :rofl:

Dave P
02-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN
Cocaine and hookers for everyone!!! ;) j/k

bwhahah.

I say alternating like you said you would is a good idea. your almost done paying it off anyway.

ecstasy_civic
02-19-2003, 09:34 PM
i know but its so tempting to go shopping, i also told "kaput" that id wait for him to get his car out so we can go get stuff.

i know i must sell my rx7, its just costing me money sitting there,

CLiVE
02-20-2003, 12:29 AM
i know but its so tempting to go shopping, i also told "kaput" that id wait for him to get his car out so we can go get stuff.

i know i must sell my rx7, its just costing me money sitting there,

my brother in law...(well in Aug he will be..lol) is still interested in the Rx7. He wasn't sure if you were still selling. He'd like to look at it sometime if possible. I'll talk to him again tomorrow.

Go watch the lessons of the day videos guys...fun car!!!

ecstasy_civic
02-20-2003, 12:34 AM
http://members.albertacars.net/memystealthandi/IMGP0653.AVI

http://members.albertacars.net/memystealthandi/IMGP0651.AVI

here is the car in action the day we pulled it out. lol
its a fun car, but i have no need for it now. i really need to sell it.

well tell your SOON to be brother in law he can look at it whenever. i have friday off but might have some running around to do if you want to join:dunno:

CLiVE
02-20-2003, 12:39 AM

here is the car in action the day we pulled it out. lol
its a fun car, but i have no need for it now. i really need to sell it.

well tell your SOON to be brother in law he can look at it whenever. i have friday off but might have some running around to do if you want to join:dunno:

Friday might work. What sort of running around is this you speak of....:dunno:

ecstasy_civic
02-20-2003, 12:41 AM
getting new headlights maybe? :rofl: or just bulbs lol.
and possibly buying a S/C for a buddy. and maybe getting some prices on some struts. maybe getting a stereo installed too.

so many options, so little time to decide. things are going crazy now that im finding stuff for my civic again. and picking up parts for buddies. good side job:rofl:

CLiVE
02-20-2003, 12:43 AM
ok. give me a call on Fri.

ecstasy_civic
02-20-2003, 12:48 AM
sounds good. found mad hookups if you need work done on your car lol. pm me and ill let you know whats up. and also decided on a bunch of stuff for my setup. need your deal finding skillz lol.