PDA

View Full Version : Recommened Home Insurance Companies

sansp
10-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Hi :D ,

I am looking for good Home ( Property ) Insurance companies to insure my home. Do you have any recommendation or things one should be concerned about. Doing a quote thru kanetix.ca I found these 5 companies (with their quotes):

Economical Mutual-420
Royal & Sun Alliance-500
Dominion of Canada-618
RBC Insurance-636
TD-670 (I recvd this quote from TD web site)

The quotes from "Economical Mutual" was far cheaper then other companies. Is this a good company to be trusted, or will be non existent few years latter. Your opinion on this matter is appreciated. :)

HRD2PLZ
10-31-2005, 10:13 AM
I have all of my vehicle and property insurance through a Broker. Silvercrest Insurance. She's great, I transferred over to her from my previous broker and all of my premiums decreased. My auto insurance went down by over $600/yr :thumbsup:

Dave P
10-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Economical.

But I am biased hahah

sansp
10-31-2005, 12:30 PM
I dont trust brokers all the time. I recntly was looking for mortgage quotes. I approached a canadian web site offering quote comparision. The broker/owner of web site was decent (lives in Calgary). But i found the quotes i got from TD was lesser then thru him (broker). Also, I found TD was not asking me any money for home appraisal, where as this guy (broker) asked me $250 for appraisal saying that TD needed it....I guess when companies offer directly, why go thru brokers. Better save the money, and learn something where possible. When I came to Canada 9 yrs ago, I approached a broker for RRSP. The damn person ripped me of $6000 due to my inocense/ignorance of not knowing details....

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I have all of my vehicle and property insurance through a Broker. Silvercrest Insurance. She's great, I transferred over to her from my previous broker and all of my premiums decreased. My auto insurance went down by over $600/yr :thumbsup: