PDA

View Full Version : Spider Bite for Holloween!

SinfulFeline
11-01-2005, 03:45 AM
We have a very prego cat, she's my autistic son's best friend..He would have hauled her trick or treating but she looks like a small heffer. We thought we might come home to lil trick or treat kittens because she had been having contractions all day...But Noooo...Instead we come home to find her waitting right inside the door ,blood caked on the side of her face. We cleaned her off and it looks like a small crarer wound...Spider bite? Jabbed by a nail end?...No clue! Bit it keeps oozing gray-ish stuff,looks gross and the hair right around it is gone. We cleaned it,she doesn't seem to act like it really bugs her..Can't say she is sluggish,cause,well she is wayyy prego...We are worried! She's my sons love, but damneditall we are broke....Anyone out there have or seen a spider bite on a cat??!!??

BigDannyCool
11-01-2005, 04:55 AM
are you sure it's a spider bite?

SinfulFeline
11-01-2005, 05:04 AM
Nope, not really sure. She was home alone, inside, no other animals around. And she is so prego that she doesn't run around all hyper or climb up on anything high. It's not a burn and when we first saw it, it had bright red blood on the surrounding area. The wound kind of looks like a dimple in the middle and just oozes slimy looking clear/brownish tinted stuff. I cleaned it with peroxid and have just been watching her lay all lazy like on the cool kitchen floor.

BigDannyCool
11-01-2005, 05:09 AM
it's hard to tell what that is in the pic

SinfulFeline
11-01-2005, 05:32 AM
She's not to thrilled about me try'n to take a picture of it and i'm using my cell phone cam...I'll try again

SinfulFeline
11-01-2005, 05:45 AM
these look a little clearer

SinfulFeline
11-01-2005, 05:46 AM
better?

/////AMG
11-01-2005, 05:54 AM
I don't think they are much clearer to me. The first one was better. But I don't know what I'm looking at. Sorry I can't help.

Kaos
11-01-2005, 10:13 AM
is it just me or do I not have 20/20 vision?
:nut:
I cant see shit.

Davetronz
11-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Take her to the vet...
If you care about her you will. Anything that is bleeding and oozing probably needs medical attention...

Most vets offer some sort of "plan" that if you are financially unable to pay they will try to help you out...
Dont let the cat suffer.

abyss
11-01-2005, 02:52 PM
I agree, animals, especially cats aren't about to let you know they're hurting. Take her to the vet, they can also give you advice on how to handle her delivery and check up on her kittens after she delivers. If you care about her you'll get her checked out.

Kamen
11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
I can't even tell what part of the cat the wound is on...take her to the vet!!

Mr. Burns
11-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Werd to going to the vet. It may turn out to be nothing, but it is better to go to the vet and find out it is nothing than it is to not go to the vet and find out that it was very serious.

treg50
11-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Any update on her condition? Hopefully it's nothing serious, but since she's about to have babies... it's probably best to take her to the vet to be on the safe side.

I've seen a spider bite... on myself. I had two fang-marks/ puncture holes in the soft back-area behind my knee. Look for two little hole-marks in the wound area. How is she behaving? Is she eating and drinking normally? Is she having difficulty Like you said since she's pregnant and not very active it's going to be tough to know how much she's affected by it.

Where is the wound again? Her neck? The side of her face? The corner of her mouth? Maybe she scratched herself?