PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the Leafs on CBC?

Wiggy
11-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Anyone eles sick of the CBC pushing the mediocre Leafs on us every Saturday? Want to see good Canadian teams play, like the Sens or the Habs?

Sign here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/CBCHNIC/petition.html

ronaldo
11-01-2005, 09:48 AM
:werd: the leafs suck

silverTEG
11-01-2005, 10:11 AM
no.

a majority wants the leafs...... get sattelite and you can watch the sens sometimes on cbc ottawa. besides, timezone's play a factor too, and the league schedules the games, not CBC.

bspot
11-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by silverTEG
no.

a majority wants the leafs...... get sattelite and you can watch the sens sometimes on cbc ottawa. besides, timezone's play a factor too, and the league schedules the games, not CBC.

No, CBC does schedule the games. You know why Calgary plays at 8 sometimes on Saturdays? Sometimes even 5? CBC.

Boo leafs, I'm tired of having the blue and white shoved down my throat.

2002civic
11-01-2005, 10:20 AM
its too late for this season, the times are already set-up for saturday games and i doubt theyre going to restructure the entire staurday schedule, but i do agree they play al ot of leafs games, but there are more leafs fans accross canada then any other team so from a marketing standpoint its in their best interest

sputnik
11-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Threads pointing to petitiononline.com suck.

Do you really think this will make a difference?

duffspec
11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Fuggin WERD!!! There are other Canadian teams out there that deserve canadian coverage. I just hate some of the broadcasters though.....take the Flame playoff run for an example, not once did I hear the flames could stand a chance against the nuks, wings or the sharks. It's that one basturd that talks all the shit.

mike0989
11-01-2005, 10:35 AM
leafs suck :thumbsdow

90Tegra
11-01-2005, 10:42 AM
DAMN U GUYZ!!! Leafs own. Flames LMAO

l8braker
11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
leafs= :whocares:

voted!

DelSoln
11-01-2005, 10:55 AM
They are in the center of the universe so what do you expect? If you want to see a real team you could always just watch the french channel. Go Habs!

silverTEG
11-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by bspot

No, CBC does schedule the games. You know why Calgary plays at 8 sometimes on Saturdays? Sometimes even 5? CBC.

Boo leafs, I'm tired of having the blue and white shoved down my throat.

omg! the NHL schedules the games........... the CBC broadcasts them. No doubt the games are scheduled for HNIC at 7et and 10et. But its still the league scheduling the games with CBC's interests at hand.

modded46
11-01-2005, 12:01 PM
You know what really pisses me off.. Watching the hockey game last night.. And all the other games that were on expressvue were City/State vs. City.. BuT NO.. not Toronto..

It was Florida vs. Leafs. WTF Can someone explain that one to me?

silverTEG
11-01-2005, 12:03 PM
its the NHL's rule, that only local viewing areas can see the game. sort of like the opposite of a blackout.

Aleks
11-01-2005, 12:04 PM
I refuse to watch any laffs games. Hell I'd rather watch the oilers play and I hate them.

Kirbs17
11-01-2005, 12:43 PM
fuck the leafs

eb0i
11-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I really dislike it when "they" refer to the Leafs as Canada's Team. Hell the Habs are more Canada's team then the leafs will ever be.

That aside, as long as the leafs keep losing on HNIC I don't mind watching the other team beat them :D

88CRX
11-01-2005, 01:01 PM
it always has and alwasy will be like this

SOAB
11-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
That aside, as long as the leafs keep losing on HNIC I don't mind watching the other team beat them :D

i agree. the 8-0 beating Ottawa laid on them was awesome!!! :clap:

l8braker
11-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

:clap:

Nix87
11-01-2005, 03:33 PM
The leafs on HNIC is gettin old... anybody else notice how Bob Cole is a little favouritive of the leafs?

treg50
11-01-2005, 03:38 PM
GO LEAFS GO! GO LEAFS GO! It's hockey night in Canada!!
:rofl:

That 8-0 joke was a slow agonizing display. I tuned out during the first period!

eb0i
11-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

best game EVER!

:D

A_3
11-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Makes me angry also, sports centre always has a good 5 minute section on them. I remember they were actuallty reporting on inter team scrimages (blue vs. white) like it meant something. Unfortunately nearly half of Canada's population is form Ontario, so the Leafs do have the largest market. TSN/CBC are just playing to the statistics. Can't blame them, if you were running a business you would do the same.

Hamilton515
11-07-2005, 11:10 PM

Kobe
11-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Isn't the CBC broadcasted in toronto??
thats why they play every sat night...

urbannomad
11-07-2005, 11:13 PM
The only time i watch the leafs play is when they play either Calgary, or Montreal.... those are the best games IMO. i do get tired of em but who can blame them, the biggest media market in TO, whats bigger than hockey there?? the raptors? ha! give me a break, thats all they got there. The jays are solid as are the ARgos but it'll always be leafs town in TO.

habsfan
11-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by DelSoln
Go Habs!

FINALLY!! some sense!!!:D

Lex350
11-08-2005, 09:40 AM
the only reason to watch the Leafs this year is to watch them miss the play-offs....and to wait for the moment when Lindros's head cracks like an egg again....and to watch the Sens kick ass on the leafs...

ok, that was three reasons.

hockeybronx
11-09-2005, 06:11 PM
As the biggest Leafs fan in the world, it's perfect for me. Even TSN is pretty pro-Leafs all the time.

I do feel sorry for those who aren't Leaf fans, because everybody from Bob Cole and Harry Neal, to Ron MacLean, to Don Cherry are just LEAFS, LEAFS, LEAFS!

That's the nature of Toronto though, when I went there to watch the home opener I couldn't believe how crazy a city could go about there team.

01RedDX
11-10-2005, 03:06 PM

Phy
11-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by duffspec
Fuggin WERD!!! There are other Canadian teams out there that deserve canadian coverage. I just hate some of the broadcasters though.....take the Flame playoff run for an example, not once did I hear the flames could stand a chance against the nuks, wings or the sharks. It's that one basturd that talks all the shit.

That just made the run all the better. When even the announcer isn't rooting for us and we just keep on winning... :clap:

But yeah, it's the center of the universe. That's just the way it is. At least we have teams out here today, can you imagine 30-40 years ago?

mac_82
11-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Who can forget CC with Don Cherry game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals, Flames VS Lightning. All Cherry talked about was the Leafs, and they weren't even playing. Or during the last Olympics, I think it was Cole who called the Canadian team "the leafs". :rofl:

khtm
11-10-2005, 03:39 PM
It's sad that 14% of Canada's population is in Toronto. :(

With that in mind, you can't blame CBC for playing a game that the biggest audience will probably want to watch.

PS. rotten, you suck! :D

Bill Cosby
11-10-2005, 04:23 PM
HNIC should be regional, unless there isnt enough cdn games but that could always be worked out, i wouldnt mind seeing western conference games only on the weekends,

im glad leafs games on tsn are just for ontario, ide rather watch working out with wendy than leafs get worked by the sens

hockeybronx
11-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby
HNIC should be regional, unless there isnt enough cdn games but that could always be worked out, i wouldnt mind seeing western conference games only on the weekends,

im glad leafs games on tsn are just for ontario, ide rather watch working out with wendy than leafs get worked by the sens

Too bad:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=684

There's a Leafs game on tommorow night:clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't know what you guys are all complaining about though, look at the next two weeks of Flames games, aren't all of them offered to us on either TSN or Sportsnet? Not to mention the times where the Flames game is the late game on HNIC.

Nissanaddict
11-10-2005, 06:50 PM
I only need 3 games on TV this month. The away ones. Real fans buy season tickets. :D (j/k I realize most people would rather spend $1500 on a car.....instead of KICKASS seats for 41 games)

chris
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
If you wanna watch the habs, go watch french tv.
"C'EST LE BUT"

The leafs have been disappointing me for the last 12 year of my life and they'll probably disappoint me again this year. If you don't like watching the leafs play, don't watch them. I think the CBC was blamed for favouring the leafs in the ottawa toronto series last year or the year before.
Anyways, looking forward to HNIC this weekend, the tension is building around the house (dad's a habs fan)