PDA

View Full Version : Fido / Rogers Phone Compatibility???

duffy
11-01-2005, 04:34 PM
I was looking into getting a second Fido phone today for the girlfriend, and the Fido person asked if she already had a phone. I told him yes, but it was a Rogers Pay-as-You Go. He said that Rogers phones would now work on Fido, they don't need to be unlocked.

I wasn't aware of this - apparently you can simply take a Rogers phone, stick a Fido Sim card in it, and it works? Can anyone confirm this?

philipoo
11-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Just tried it with my s710a..

that fag lied to you

dj_rice
11-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by philipoo
Just tried it with my s710a..

that fag lied to you

Yeah he lied to you....dont ever trust salesmen..they're just tryin to make a sale so they'll tell you anything u wanna hear

Mikey_008
11-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Where's this sales guy work? He lied...doesnt know what he's talking about! Go punch him im the face!!

Rogers and fido do work together...BUT you have to get the phones unlocked!

Say you buy a Fido phone from Fido....it's programed only to use Fido's network. So what you have to do is to get the phone unlocked....so that it's able to use other networks such as Rogers!

soupey
11-02-2005, 12:39 AM
only 2 ways that will work, u can talk to rogers and see if they'll transfer ur exact plan to the fido network so ur gf can connect and deal with fido from now on...or u can get that rogers handset unlocked and use it with either (provided that the phone supports both network frequencies).

duffy
11-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Yeah, that's what I figured - when I called back, the lady I talked to said that it wasn't correct, I would need to get the phone unlocked.

On a side note - I do have another Rogers phone - any suggestions on where to go to get a Motorola phone unlocked? (Can I ask this on this board?)

Mosquito_R
11-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Where does this sales guy work? Gotta pound him on the head! Even if a Fido phone displays Rogers as the network, it doesn't mean that Fido SIM cards are automatically compatible on Rogers phones or vice versa.

There are people on Beyond who can hook you up with Motorola unlocking, however this depends on which model you have as some of them are almost impossible. I suggest that you send a PM to xkon, or you can post a WTB ad on the Marketplace here on Beyond.

As for Soupey's suggestion about transferring plans from Rogers to Fido, I seriously doubt this would happen. Also, check the Fido website - there are some new phones and plans as of today (2 Nov). Take a look, the 2-for-1 Samsung deal is quite interesting.