PDA

View Full Version : question about potential turbo kit.

vietdood
11-03-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm about to make an offer on a turbo kit that's almost complete but i'm not very educated about turbo's. So i'm wondering if fellow beyond members could help me out here and let me know if i should need anything else. The kit comes with:

Turbo manifold
14b turbo
oil lines
oil pan with oil drain flange welded on
SR20 Injectors
HKS Super BOV
a boost guage,
side mount intercooler, need to downpipe and intercooloer piping

i believe i still need to purchase a walboro 255 fuel pump and a safc. is there anything else i need? i'm not looking to make huge power. just a decent amount around 200whp.

dj_rice
11-03-2005, 01:47 AM
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6263

Read this my friend..and u will have all your answers

vietdood
11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6263

Read this my friend..and u will have all your answers

thanks. it gave me alot of useful information.

i have a feeling the seller isn't going to part with it now so i decided to build a turbo kit on my own

CIVIC_MAN
11-14-2005, 11:14 PM
if you dont know alot about turbo's or turbo kits, research and become knowledgable BEFORE you begin to buy the components, dont rely on other people to hold your hand every step of the way

dj_rice
11-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by vietdood

thanks. it gave me alot of useful information.

i have a feeling the seller isn't going to part with it now so i decided to build a turbo kit on my own

Do it urself..thats what I did and I'm happy with the results

vietdood
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by CIVIC_MAN
if you dont know alot about turbo's or turbo kits, research and become knowledgable BEFORE you begin to buy the components, dont rely on other people to hold your hand every step of the way

thank you for stating the obvious :thumbsup:

dj_rice
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
But honestly, U should sign up on KA-T.org and make threads there...I got all my information and tips from there and theres a few people on there that will actually help and guide you along the process of turboing the KA....

KA-T.org worked for me :thumbsup:

vietdood
11-16-2005, 07:12 PM
But honestly, U should sign up on KA-T.org and make threads there...I got all my information and tips from there and theres a few people on there that will actually help and guide you along the process of turboing the KA....

KA-T.org worked for me :thumbsup:

yea i signed up to ka-t.org. they're really friendly on there. I already composed my list of parts, now i just need to find them for a good price. any recommendations as to where to shop for a good priced turbo? i already found my intercooler and debating between a couple manifolds.

dj_rice
11-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by vietdood

yea i signed up to ka-t.org. they're really friendly on there. I already composed my list of parts, now i just need to find them for a good price. any recommendations as to where to shop for a good priced turbo? i already found my intercooler and debating between a couple manifolds.

It all depends on what turbo ur looking for, brand new or used....if ur lookin for like a stock one, like say a T25 off SR20...try visiting local tunershops and see if they are selling any...usually people upgrade the turbos so the shop has the leftovers...I bought some turbos off of Speedtech and Autodream, cost me around $150

But if u want brand spankin new turbos...try Autodream...Marvin will hook u up

Also I have stock CA18DET SMIC piping left if u wanna buy it since I see ur gonna use a sidemount...its $20 for all the piping

vietdood
11-17-2005, 08:24 PM
oh no, i'm going for a bigger turbo now. the guy doesn't want to part out the kit no more. now i'm looking for a t3/t04e and i'm probably grabbing my intercooler off johnnyracecar.com. i don't think i need a brand new turbo, just on that's used in good condition or one that needs a rebuild.

Zephyr
11-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Just get a SR, make life easier :D

vietdood
11-17-2005, 09:32 PM
i would but s14 sr20's aren't as cheap as s13's

finboy
11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

perhaps he actually wanst torque below 3000rpm ;) :D

dj_rice
11-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsdow to SR

:love: :clap: :thumbsup: to KA24DE-T

But if an SR got handed to me for free then :thumbsup: :hitit: :poosie:

P.S. Most of my turbo kit is SR20 parts :nut:

And lol I dont like ur sig hahah :guns: :bullshit:

Boost Infested
11-17-2005, 10:30 PM
yah man go sr, sr owns all!

big_k
11-17-2005, 10:34 PM
boo that KA-T owns SR.

I also signed up on KA-T.org and have pretty much all my questions answered with out even starting a thread there. Its a great site with tons of different setups and lots of info, I would suggest goin there and finding out what you can.

Zephyr
11-18-2005, 12:02 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsdow to SR

:love: :clap: :thumbsup: to KA24DE-T

But if an SR got handed to me for free then :thumbsup: :hitit: :poosie:

P.S. Most of my turbo kit is SR20 parts :nut:

And lol I dont like ur sig hahah :guns: :bullshit:

LOL you KA people need our SR parts...:rofl:

86max
11-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Jack and I will settle this debate next year:poosie: