PDA

View Full Version : command start

lrg
11-03-2005, 07:32 PM
My Daughter's car has a COMMAND start installed in and when you try to start it it fires up ok and then quits and goes into theft mode and you have to let it sit for about 15 minutes before you can start it with the key .Is there some type of reset on it ? No manual!!!! it has the following on itThe remote has these buttons:
- Lock
- Unlock
- Lightening Symbol
- "*" symbal
winter's comming any help would be appreciated

Strugari
11-04-2005, 07:41 PM
It sounds like the anti theft bypass module may not be working. What is the model number of the command start, and what is the year, make and model of your car.

lrg
11-04-2005, 07:49 PM
The car is a 1996 Cavalier (4 door) I have no idea what the model of the command start is Do you know where about it would be located?????? thanks for any help you can offer

Strugari
11-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Your car has the passlock security in it. The Command Start module may not be working correctly, or the bypass module is malfunctioning.

The unit will be under the driver side dash, probably a black box. There should be a unit number on it. If you can find a smaller box (bypass module), under there see if you can get a number off of it as well.

Start the vehicle with the key.
Press your command start.
Wait a couple of seconds and remove the key.
The car should stay running, but the theft light will probably come on. Let me know if this happens.

lrg
11-06-2005, 07:41 PM
thanks for the imfo I will be going to toon town at the end of the month and will check out tk comand start for a number and will start it with the key etc & let you know Thanks::) :)