PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Acura Integra GSR, any advice?

wanderlust
11-04-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm thinking of selling my 1993 Acura Integra GSR. It has some damage from a recent accident (needs new headlight and hood), but it is running well.

I know it is a unique model, so I'm wondering if there is much demand or a market for someone to buy it and fix it up as they want to?

Any advice?

Speed_Dreams
11-04-2005, 05:11 PM
TONS of demand as long as your rad support isn't bent i wouldn't be supprised if you got $5500 outta it in its current state.

ecstasy_civic
11-04-2005, 05:11 PM
yes!:hitit:

freakin
11-04-2005, 05:18 PM
It's becoming a classic. I'd hold on to it. If it just needs a hood and headlights, that's going to be under $500 to fix...and that includes putting in a set of much needed JDM headlights.

If you're going to sell it, PM me with what you'd want for it.

frozenrice
11-04-2005, 09:24 PM
I agree with speed_dreams and freakin. You have a rare car and depending on condition you can command a pretty good price if you're willing to sell it. If you do decide to sell, you'll probably get a quick turn around.

If freakin ends up buying it, it will be very well taken care of. If I had the funding I'd call second dibs after him but timing isn't good now (unless you sell it for stupid cheap).

403Gemini
11-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
TONS of demand as long as your rad support isn't bent i wouldn't be supprised if you got $5500 outta it in its current state.

for a 12 yr old car with damage? yea your crazy

Speed_Dreams
11-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

for a 12 yr old car with damage? yea your crazy

Its a Frekin GS-R Do you know anything about the 2nd Gen tegs? that car was the bench mark for the GS-R's and the Type R's of today.

$5500 with only a hood and a headlight. Headlights are like $150 for a Decent set of JDm 1pcs. and a hood...well i have a hood for $50 so it would only cost me $200 to fix the car...thats a Pretty Spanking Deal for a Rare car

doublepostwhore
11-05-2005, 09:47 AM
If I were you and you plan on making this car your own... since you already destroyed the front end i would go for a JDM front end... and a c/f hood... c/f hood mainly because its lighter and will cost about 100$ more then a stocker and is a fairly nice complement to the already dead sexy GS-R

You could go all out and make it an ITR also.

frostyda9
11-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
If freakin ends up buying it, it will be very well taken care of.

Yeah. Because it'll sit in his garage for a year and a half waiting for parts and it'll never risk any damage :rofl: Sorry Matt, I had to...

gpomp
11-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
If I were you and you plan on making this car your own... since you already destroyed the front end i would go for a JDM front end... and a c/f hood... c/f hood mainly because its lighter and will cost about 100$ more then a stocker and is a fairly nice complement to the already dead sexy GS-R

You could go all out and make it an ITR also.
it's a 93....

90Tegra
11-05-2005, 11:05 AM
cf only looks good on a few colours. but JDM 1 pieces are a must

Speed_Dreams
11-05-2005, 11:08 AM
There is basically no difference in the front ends of JDM DA tegs and USDM DA's onle real different is the headlights that look so much sexier and amber bumper lights other then that its the same

freakin
11-05-2005, 12:25 PM
^^^ not on a 92-93. They all have clear bumper lights....but the JDM do have the sexy thin side moldings and the marker lights on the fenders.

Frosty....you're a dick. The only reason I've spent this long getting my teg back on the road is...well we don't need to get in to that one. :D

Either way....just fix it and keep the car. I PM'd you back....I was going to PM you back, but I don't want to insult you with what I would've paid for the car. I know what it's worth and I'd rather just see another GSR from getting destroyed. Contrary to what some people say, it is a rare car and will command that $5,000+ from the right buyer. You can have that thing repaired fairly cheaply...and it's a great car to have.

PS, what color is it? I'm sure some of us have parts that would work for it. I know that Dan is selling a CF hood for pretty cheap at the moment.

Speed_Dreams
11-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by freakin
^^^ not on a 92-93. They all have clear bumper lights....but the JDM do have the sexy thin side moldings and the marker lights on the fenders.

Frosty....you're a dick. The only reason I've spent this long getting my teg back on the road is...well we don't need to get in to that one. :D

Either way....just fix it and keep the car. I PM'd you back....I was going to PM you back, but I don't want to insult you with what I would've paid for the car. I know what it's worth and I'd rather just see another GSR from getting destroyed. Contrary to what some people say, it is a rare car and will command that $5,000+ from the right buyer. You can have that thing repaired fairly cheaply...and it's a great car to have.

PS, what color is it? I'm sure some of us have parts that would work for it. I know that Dan is selling a CF hood for pretty cheap at the moment.

i was also gonna mention its got an H on the hood. i aswell have a stock metal hood for sale for $50

403Gemini
11-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

Its a Frekin GS-R Do you know anything about the 2nd Gen tegs? that car was the bench mark for the GS-R's and the Type R's of today.

$5500 with only a hood and a headlight. Headlights are like $150 for a Decent set of JDm 1pcs. and a hood...well i have a hood for $50 so it would only cost me $200 to fix the car...thats a Pretty Spanking Deal for a Rare car

the cars still 12 yrs old. its 160 hp and 117 lbs of torque.

real question is there any more damage than what you can visibly see? how many kms?

and yes, i used to be an integra junky, i know lots about them.

so if its only $200 to fix it, why hasnt it been done yet?

its just funny to see people with their 12,13,14,15 yr old cars thinking because it bears the badge acura its worth 5000+. its not like its a mercedes or bmw kiddies.

5500 isnt bad if it had crazy low mileage. but you're still going to need to fix up the suspension sooner than you would a newer model car. christ you could get a 3g for like 5-6k which has 142 hp and 125 lbs of torque, and thats just the base model.

iceburns288
11-05-2005, 08:41 PM
What do the JDM headlights look like vs stock?

frostyda9
11-05-2005, 08:50 PM
403 I think you're missing the point. It's not all about hp and torque specs. The GSR and it's B17A are becoming reasonably rare and there are people out there willing to pay a substantial premium for one. RS, LS, LS-S, GS Integras...different story altogether. It is more or less the precursor to the USDM ITR that would follow. It has it's place in history and no doubt will be quite collectable someday.

frozenrice
11-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
What do the JDM headlights look like vs stock?

USDM (stock) :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/integrausdm3piece.jpg
JDM :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/integrajdm1piece.jpg

Here's the JDMs installed : (sorry about the picture size)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/092673bb.jpg

frozenrice
11-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
403 I think you're missing the point. It's not all about hp and torque specs. The GSR and it's B17A are becoming reasonably rare and there are people out there willing to pay a substantial premium for one. RS, LS, LS-S, GS Integras...different story altogether. It is more or less the precursor to the USDM ITR that would follow. It has it's place in history and no doubt will be quite collectable someday.

Frosty's got a good point. Yes the GSR is 12 years old and no it's not a Bimmer or Benz. It's significant because it was the start of a new technological direction for Honda/Acura - not solely because it says Acura on it.
Take the Buick Grand National for example, back in the day it wasn't anything more than a turbo Buick Regal. Now look at what it's commanding price wise for a car that's almost 20 years old.
grand national (http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result.aspx?searchtype=adv&kw=&dp=&age=&kfr=1&kto=2000000&category=4000&mk=BUICK&md=GRAND%20NATIONAL&yfr=1900&yto=2006&pfr=0&pto=9999999&postal=&distance=&city=&pro=&dm=1&type=province)

403Gemini
11-06-2005, 11:25 AM

very good point. i wouldnt say itll become a classic though. there are no classics with our generation of cars sadly. what we're going to look back 20,30 years down the road and brag to our kids "yea we had this thing called a gs-r, it had reasonable gas mileage and 160 hp" and they're going to laugh. cars then will have 200+ hp and even better gas mileage.

least our dads can brag "yea our cars ran over 400 hp, poor gas milegae, but fast as shit"

face it, we have no classics. our only claim to fame will be "we started the sports compact scene"

403Gemini
11-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Tell me, which do you think will get more respect/more chicks ;)

http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/1990-93-Acura-Integra-90801011990115.JPG

http://www.noneckschevelle.com/images/carpics/Gary%20Baker69camaro327.jpg
am isaying the gs-r is a bad car? fuck no, id love one.

frozenrice
11-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Dude, if your idea of getting respect and chicks is based on what car you drive, you'd better ditch the Saturn cause it will get you neither. Either way, see it however you want, but no matter there'll always be someone who can appreciate a GSR for what it's worth and be willing to pay it.

frostyda9
11-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Dude, if your idea of getting respect and chicks is based on what car you drive, you'd better ditch the Saturn cause it will get you neither.

:rofl: ouch

The G2 GS-R isn't classic. What makes me want one is the B17A. With an 8000 rpm redline and producing 94.1hp/litre in 1992, it was a race inspired car that the average person could afford. IIRC, it had the highest specific output of ANY productuion car in it's debut year. It is the epitome of the Honda philosophy, and it was a strong statement about what was to come in the future. It was also made for only two short years, which makes it a reasonable rarity as far as Honda's are concerned.

jaylo
11-06-2005, 11:06 PM
You guys love your G2's too much, but I still would kill for a black '93 gs-r with 100,000KM or less :)

403Gemini
11-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Dude, if your idea of getting respect and chicks is based on what car you drive, you'd better ditch the Saturn cause it will get you neither. Either way, see it however you want, but no matter there'll always be someone who can appreciate a GSR for what it's worth and be willing to pay it.

no need to trade in the saturn, im already engaged to a beautiful woman ;) its why arif is my friend.

and i just laugh when kiddies get upset about somebody saying a specific car isnt that great.

Its a respectable car, but nothing to sport a boner over.

Weapon_R
11-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

its why arif is my friend.

It's why a lot of people are your friend

DJ Lazy
11-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey.. if you wanna get rid of this.. .

I will trade you straight up for my 4th Gen Prelude with the same damage? :D (seriously).

403Gemini
11-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

It's why a lot of people are your friend

lol :thumbsup:

gen2teggy
11-07-2005, 02:54 AM
DA9 POWWWEEERRRRRRR!

freakin
11-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by gen2teggy
DA9 POWWWEEERRRRRRR!

It's a DB2 ;)

Anyhow, I know what you can sell one of these cars for, but personally I wouldn't pay $5,000 for it. I understand what 403 is saying, but I still love the GSR. The whole 'get a car to get chicks' thing is sad though. If you're with a woman because she likes your car, then I pity you.
Now back to this GSR, this one has a little too many KM's for me to consider though. For that price, I'd be better off finding a low KM DB9 and swaping out the engine.

403Gemini
11-07-2005, 04:50 PM
the whole "sexy car gets sexier chicks" was just a figure of speech, sorry that the internet doesnt allow emotion in posts ... yet ;) lol

im just saying older classics turn more heads than gs-r's ;)

gen2teggy
11-07-2005, 05:34 PM
DB2 pppooweeerrrrrrrr!

gen2teggy
11-07-2005, 05:35 PM
http://www.noneckschevelle.com/images/carpics/Gary%20Baker69camaro327.jpg

it turns my head and makes me luagh! haha JKJK

freakin
11-07-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm just stiring shit up because I'm bored. Pay no attention to me. :angel:

wanderlust
11-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Well guys, thanks for your advice (and side conversations!)

Where do you think would be the best place to try and sell the car as is?

W/

QuasarCav
11-07-2005, 07:00 PM
I'll take a look on the weekend depending on color. You would have no problem selling a car like that. Us G2's guys would love to have the cream of the G2 crop.

frostyda9
11-07-2005, 07:04 PM
wanderlust why aren't you just fixing it? I guarantee finding a set ot USDM (CDM, whatever) headlights will be easy. I threw a set away when I moved. The hood shouldn't be too hard either. I just don't see the point of taking a $1000 hit on resale for $200 worth of repairs.

QuasarCav
11-07-2005, 07:07 PM
wanderlust why aren't you just fixing it? I guarantee finding a set ot USDM (CDM, whatever) headlights will be easy. I threw a set away when I moved. The hood shouldn't be too hard either. I just don't see the point of taking a $1000 hit on resale for $200 worth of repairs.

I do.

frostyda9
11-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I do.

Motivated sale? Lack of mechanical aptitude? Laziness? Other underlying problems? You Edmontonians are so vague.. ;)