PDA

View Full Version : Saw an accident today, not sure if I did the right thing

Chim
11-04-2005, 06:56 PM
I saw a van rear end a buick today (I was right behind them) (minor 5k/h collision, enough for whiplash lawsuit in the states tho). The driver got out to check if the lady in the buick was okay. Then they got back into their cars and drove off like nothing happened. I wasn't sure if they just arranged to meet up somewhere, so I followed them for a while. The van and I got seperated from the lady by a red light, then I started following the van. He pulled into superstore and parked, so I did a loop around the parking lot and couldnt spot the Buick. When I got back to the van the driver was gone, but the van was still parked there.

I grabbed the license plate of the van but couldn't get the Buick's. I didnt see anybody in the vicinity grab their cell phone to report the accident when it happened. Am I supposed to report this accident?

Sorry if I sound confused because..... i am :dunno:

Bill Cosby
11-04-2005, 06:58 PM
if they just left, decided there wasnt enough damage then you do nothing.. if the guy hit her, and peaced, then you would do something

phiberglass
11-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I would say no. If they got out and talked, they probably said "oh i'm okay were both okay and no damage done to are cars" and thats it.

not sure though. see what other people say.

AllGoNoShow
11-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Yah, if they didn't hit and jsut drive off I wouldn't worry. They saw and got out and spoke to each other obveously then decided it wasn't worth it or nothing was wrong and left. Don't worry

Chim
11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
The accident really didnt look like it was worth reporting. The rear bumper on the buick wasn't even scuffed, good to know I didn't break any rules :)

mdeleon
11-04-2005, 07:42 PM
nice of you to care tho...good lookin out

Phuqu
11-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Do what the cops do. FIDO.

dj_rice
11-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Phuqu
Do what the cops do. FIDO.

I dont get it :dunno:

Zero102
11-05-2005, 09:39 AM
You did the right thing man. Technically speaking, if you have no idea what their plan was, and suspect the van was trying to get away, then you should write down the van's plate, and follow the buick. But you did more than 99% of the people out there would. I hate how when there's an accident, all of a sudden nobody was there... :(
(been left high and dry because I had no witnesses before)

frostyda9
11-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

I dont get it :dunno:

FIDO = fuck it, drive on