PDA

View Full Version : What Hockey teams will NOT make the playoffs?

Ja-Rek
11-04-2005, 08:52 PM
I'll start this one off,

Pitsburgh Penguins, reasons?

- Mario Lemieux has skill but lets be realistic, hes not the same player he used to be. I hate how people still praise him and pick him 1st in pools.... yes hes good but theres so many better.
-Goalie situation is laughable, they have one of the highest goals against avg in the league and their save percentage isn't much better.
-Sidney Crosby...hes doing real well for his 1st season as expected, I dont think it will be enough to carry this team into the post season however.

With a 3-5-5 record and a crappy power play/kill unit this team is not gonna cut it, at least, not this year.

My 2 cents. :thumbsup:

Kobe
11-04-2005, 08:57 PM
WASHINGTON
ATLANTA
NYI

All of them are just horrible...

I think the penguins have a chance, but they will be in 8 spot, just get in there...

88CRX
11-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Hawks
Capitals
Wild
Columbus
Oilers
Blues
Coyotes
Sabres

everyone else has a legit chance.

l8braker
11-04-2005, 09:07 PM
still way too early to tell.

googe
11-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Hawks
Capitals
Wild
Columbus
Oilers
Blues
Coyotes
Sabres

everyone else has a legit chance.

you realize wild and oilers are doing better than the flames right? ;)

likwid
11-04-2005, 09:13 PM
flames have always been slow starters....

Kobe
11-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by likwid
flames have always been slow starters....

And almost never made it into the playoffs, untill last year...

240droptop
11-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Toronto :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Ottawas going all the way baby:thumbsup: !!!

likwid
11-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

And almost never made it into the playoffs, untill last year...

Thanks, I realized that.

Hakkola
11-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Ja-Rek
I'll start this one off,

Pitsburgh Penguins, reasons?

With a 3-5-5 record and a crappy power play/kill unit this team is not gonna cut it, at least, not this year.

My 2 cents. :thumbsup:

You're crazy, pittsburgh is starting to win, and 3-5-5 isn't that bad, they're only a few point out of a spot and the season is early.

This year we might see every canadian team in the playoffs.

I think the only teams i'm sure won't make it are columbus and st louis, I'm hesitant to say ATL and Washington won't make it, but it's a long season and anything can happen.

Hakkola
11-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Stop saying flames are always slow starters! People who say that must be new to hockey.

It was only a few seasons ago we were first in the league after about a month or month and a half, then we missed the playoffs.

Don't judge how good a team will be by the first month, we'll have a better idea by February.

Ja-Rek
11-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm not judging by how they are doing, just saying my opinion and that is that Pitsburgh will not make the playoffs. I realize it's early in the season so I'm not sepculating based upon stats just from the way the team is playing and on top of that you cannot deny their crisis when it comes to goalies.

Davetronz
11-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Toronto...
Pittsburgh..
Atlanta...
Pheonix...
Chicago...
Columbus...

88CRX
11-05-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by googe

you realize wild and oilers are doing better than the flames right? ;)

so? nobody asked for the 8-10 worst teams right now ;)

Toronto and Pittsburgh WILL make the playoffs :thumbsup: :D

00Celica
11-05-2005, 02:07 AM
Oilers will make the playoffs, CRX you should worry about your own team before you run your mouth about ours.

lastprodigy
11-05-2005, 02:09 AM
flames..

canucks ottawa final :D

ryder_23
11-05-2005, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by 00Celica
Oilers will make the playoffs, CRX you should worry about your own team before you run your mouth about ours.

He wasnt running his mouth..no one is, and no one cant. The season just started, bump this thread after christmas and then we can all talk..

Sure the oilers might make the playoffs..but they dont have the goaltending to make it far IMO, not saying calgary does, but its something the oilers seriously lack, like siv cloutier over in vancouver. I mean, if the guy lets in a bad goal, the flood gates open and hes terrible for a few games. The guy has the skills, just doesnt have the mental part of the game.

88CRX
11-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Flames will make the playoffs, CELICA you should worry about your own team before you run your mouth about ours.

bigboom
11-05-2005, 11:21 AM
as big a fan as i am of the flames im definetly worried the flames wont make the playoffs. kipper is finally showing to be a weak goalie especially since calgary's defence has not been playing up to last years standards...hopefully with regehr back things change.

Hakkola
11-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
as big a fan as i am of the flames im definetly worried the flames wont make the playoffs. kipper is finally showing to be a weak goalie especially since calgary's defence has not been playing up to last years standards...hopefully with regehr back things change.

Have you been paying attention to the season or just the first couple games?

We have the 6th lowest GAA in the league. The only reason we have any wins at all is because of Miikka.

The thing we have to worry about is our offence which is the third lowest in the league.

nhlfan
11-05-2005, 01:11 PM
chicago blackhawks.

bigboom
11-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Have you been paying attention to the season or just the first couple games?

We have the 6th lowest GAA in the league. The only reason we have any wins at all is because of Miikka.

The thing we have to worry about is our offence which is the third lowest in the league.

you cant look at the GAA..looka t the games that we won, the D stood on their head and allowed weak shots on net.

dezmarez
11-05-2005, 02:38 PM
well flames will eventually come around
its taking them longer to adjust to the "new nhl"
iggy's starting to get going
and kiprusoff seems go be in a groove now
so dont worry about them they'll do fine....
and ottawa is just scary right now
such a sick team haha
got heatly and spezza in my hockey pool

bigboom
11-05-2005, 03:04 PM
anyone surprised by detroit?

pizalm
11-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
anyone surprised by detroit?
Not really, they always seem to do well. I didn't expect them to be that good but they had an great october.

Speed_Dreams
11-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Toronto will shit the bed in the 2nd round of the playoffs like always but they will still make it
the flames and oilers will fight for the 7th and 8th spot as the canucks will be in the top 4 like always I don't think much is going to change from last year really

eljefe
11-05-2005, 05:34 PM
yeah Toronto will make it for sure but flame out in the second or third round and Pittsburg will likely suprise a few people and make the playoffs

Kirbs17
11-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Chigaco, Columbus, Buffalo, Islanders