PDA

View Full Version : buysell scam?

Intensity
11-06-2005, 03:52 PM
g35 link (http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/Calgary/2004_Import_Cars/2106/1/46259232/_nbsp_2004_INFINITI_G35_Coupe_with_only.aspx)

so i emailed this guy about his g35 about his real price
and he replied with this email

Hello,

Thank you for your interest regarding my car ( 2004 Infiniti G35 ). Here are the details that you have to know about this deal. First of all I have to tell you that I am located in Slovakia along with the car. I am trying to make a new life here because my wife wants to be closer to her family.
The car is presenting in a very good condition, never involved in accidents, no scratches, no dents, always well taken care of and it has only 5,706 miles. It has always been garage kept. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be anytime registered into your name without a problem. The original receipt and all remained warranty information packet with enrollment number is included for you.
The price I want to obtain for it is C$ 12,000 (shipping fees included) and if you agree with it we can start to complete the transaction. I realize that is a cheap price for such a product but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn’t do in normal circumstances. I've wanted to register it here and keep it for me. Unfortunately import taxes and european regulations made me change my mind. Now I am trying to sell it back to for such a low price because next week I have a deadline term for paying those taxes.
I did some research and I decided that the best and the fastest way I can ship it is using Lufthansa Air Cargo and it will take between 5 and 7 days to arrive at your door.
I hope the price and shipping are acceptable to you and I'm looking forward receiving a positive response. I have to tell you that I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of time, of payment and price. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you!
John Nelson

trikypenguin
11-06-2005, 03:57 PM
if it seems too good to be true it likely is. if anything tell him you wont pay him until it is landed here and rdy to be picked up.

retro-steve
11-06-2005, 04:00 PM
talk to him on a landline and see if you can get a positive address through searching the phone number. also see if you can get a name match on the phone number.

it is most likely a scam but my cousin bought a Z3 BMW in toronto for $50 that was only two years old...how? it was the husband's car, he died and it was in his will that the money from the sale of the car would go to his mistress. wife gets pissed and sells the car for $50, mistress gets $50, cousin gets Z3.

Nova316
11-06-2005, 04:00 PM
It seems like a scam
If its to good to be true it usually is

12 grand for a G35 Not likely

Its like that email where your the son of So and So and they died in a plane crash so u have to say your the inheritence and u get 26 million while he / she gets 6 million for your troubles all you need to do is pay 10 grand for the documents

A_3
11-06-2005, 04:26 PM
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

We just had a similar situation with a Supra, check out the link...
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=105088&highlight=supra

Weapon_R
11-06-2005, 04:43 PM
s-c-a-m

Supa Dexta
11-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah none of these make any sense, as they could just drive to the nearest dealership be like, hey I need to off load this car, I want xxx (especially if xxx is low, the dealer will gladly accept) then he turns around cheque in hand and is gone, done and over with.. And he could go get 20-30g's for it in that case.. Why would anyone waste their time trying to ship things all over north america..

:thumbsdow

AcuraTl
11-06-2005, 05:02 PM
most definately a scam...the fact that he mentioned that "there are other people interested" highlights the fact that it is a scam...

djayz
11-06-2005, 05:05 PM
its a scam there was a 2002 bmw m3 for sale for 12000 just like this i emailed the guy and the email was exactly the same...ill try to find it and post it up

but yah its a scam

ricosuave
11-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve
talk to him on a landline and see if you can get a positive address through searching the phone number. also see if you can get a name match on the phone number.

it is most likely a scam but my cousin bought a Z3 BMW in toronto for $50 that was only two years old...how? it was the husband's car, he died and it was in his will that the money from the sale of the car would go to his mistress. wife gets pissed and sells the car for $50, mistress gets $50, cousin gets Z3.

that one is as old as the hills, man

lastprodigy
11-06-2005, 06:21 PM
so old....do a search..ahah theres like 3 of these treads up right now....i saw a nuimber of cars like this S2K for 6K etc....scam....

AcuraTl
11-06-2005, 08:48 PM
s2j?

ringmaster
11-06-2005, 08:51 PM
well i say go for it if you can pay COD... if he wants you to wire him the funds id say stay away

lastprodigy
11-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
s2j?

yeah the new S2J havent you heard of it? its the new supercar of the future ...jk...s2k typo...edited my post :nut:

shakalaka
11-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ringmaster
well i say go for it if you can pay COD... if he wants you to wire him the funds id say stay away

Well thats what I would most likely say to him. I mean most probably it is a scam, but just to be sure and not regret anything later on. I would ask him to do COD, that you will pay full price right away when you get the delivery of the car with all the papers. If he is down with that, then you are set, and if he isn't we already know that its a scam.

rc2002
11-06-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm 100% sure that he'd say no to that.

This guy's an idiot. He should at least make his ad semi-believable.

69cougar
11-06-2005, 09:49 PM
See if you can lead him on and keep posing his emails for our entertainment!!

Gurpy
11-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Try pulling a switch on him. Say you don't believe its real but if he sends you 200.00 or something you'll send him the rest of the money, just to build up trust so you can send the money. You'll be 200.00 richer. I doubt that would work though - make something up, its easy to scam the scammers.

pr0
11-06-2005, 11:55 PM
They don't ship cars via AIR unless you pay like 10+ grand for shipping (if not more).

Irony here; my dad is Slovak and always telling me how ALL Slovak's are good.

Lanks
11-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by pr0
They don't ship cars via AIR unless you pay like 10+ grand for shipping (if not more).

Haha thats exactly what I was thinking... Its obviously a scam because it would most likely be at least 12 grand to ship it by air...

Intensity
11-07-2005, 05:18 AM
lol
this is the 2nd email i got

Hello again,

I am very glad because you are still interested and I assure you that you will not be sorry. As I told you before, I will ship it using Lufthansa Air Cargo and it will take no more than 7 days to arrive at your door. Once with the car you will receive the title, the keys, owner manual, the original documentation and all that you need to register it at your place.
Since this is an overses transaction and in order for both parts to be safe and build trust in this transaction we will use a third party to hold the funds so I will not get paid until you will receive the car. BidPay will keep the funds in their custody. Since I am a premium member at BidPay I will support their fees.
If you will decide to move forward, please email me back with your details (full name and shipping address), so I can open a case at BidPay and they will contact you with more details and instructions. Please email me back and let me know what your intentions are.

Thank you!
John

TurboZombie
11-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Do not send any money, it's a scam!

Check out:

http://www.scam.com/index.php?

and

http://www.419eater.com/

:thumbsup:

CLiVE
11-07-2005, 09:34 AM
I sent an email asking about yamaha R1 on buysell. The price seemed too good to be true, here is the email I got in response to my inquiry....SCAM!

http://www.buysell.com/root/0/46424023/resultdetail.aspx

Hello,

Thank you for your interest regarding my bike. Here are the details that you have to know about this deal. Firstly, I have to let you know that I am located in Slovakia along with the bike. I am trying to make a new life here because my wife wants to be closer to her family.
The bike is presenting in a very good condition, never involved in accidents, no need for additional repairs. It has always been garage kept. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be anytime registered into your name without a problem. The original receipt and all remained warranty information packet with enrollment number is included for you. If necessary I will even assist you in getting warranty help, most people just dump it on you with a useless warranty.
The price I want to obtain for it is $ 3,499 and if you agree with it we can start to complete the transaction. I realize that is a cheap price for such a product but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn’t do in normal circumstances and believe me it is not easy at all for me to sell a thing which was one of my dreams during last years. I've wanted to register the bike here and keep it for me. Unfortunately import taxes and european regulations made me change my mind. Now I am trying to sell it back for such a low price because next week I have a deadline term for paying those taxes.
If you are serious interested please let me know as soon as possible so we can move forward with this deal. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you!

ricosuave
11-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by pr0

Irony here; my dad is Slovak and always telling me how ALL Slovak's are good.

i think that this guy just opened an atlas and picked a randon country, far away from north america.

i would doubt that he is actually slovakian.

rico

Bill Cosby
11-07-2005, 12:19 PM
its a scam, the ad will be deleted and the scammer with be notified