PDA

View Full Version : Someone hit my car last night!!!

j0nblayz
11-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Last night, i let my girlfriend drive my car, i was in my sisters boyfriend car in the other side of the city. She was driving in downtown with my sister, well on the 6ave and 1st sw intersection some girl in a 89 sprit car decided to do a illegal dual turn, and slammed right into my girlfriend. Anyways, damage is pretty bad on my car, my girlfriend has some bad and neck injuries, and my sister whos 9 month pregnant has some pain in her stomach and back injury. My car is only a 1994 bmw, so i'm worried that it might be a write off, since my door and rear fender and also my rim needs to be replaced, and may have to replace the top of my car since it has some ripples now. The other driver got charged for doing an illegal dual turn. And she was from sask. I have to go to the doctors tommorrow with my gf, and see my insurance and gotta go to body shops tommorrow, and i'm sooo busy at work, this sucks big time. Heres some pics:

http://members.shaw.ca/jonp/beyond/pic1.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/jonp/beyond/pic2.jpg

JAYMEZ
11-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Damn man that fuckin sucks , I hope your sister and gf are ok , thats some scary stuff for a pregnant women , especially at 9 months! Hope you get everything fixed.

j0nblayz
11-06-2005, 06:15 PM
yeah me and her boyfriend were pretty worried when we were drivin to the scene. i didn't even get a chance to look at my car since i was more worried bout my girlfriend last night and my sister. Finally today i washed it down to get a better look at the damage. My sister was holding a large full coffee when they got hit, and she had no lid on it, coffee got EVERYWHERE, i dont even know where to start washing my interior. Man i hate accidents, now i'm gonna have to drive some cheap ass rent a car forever till i get my car back, which is gonna take forever

dj_rice
11-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Man that really sucks big time....its already stupid when people cant drive properly but when stupid people cause accidents...:guns:

Sorry to hear about your car but I hope ur prego sister and gf are alright and have no injuries

l8braker
11-06-2005, 06:49 PM
The metal can be fixed, your family is wayy more important.

Good luck with everything man:thumbsup:

infected
11-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Yea man, better make sure everyone is ok before worrying about the car!! The pain might take some time befoer they realize it.

j0nblayz
11-06-2005, 06:56 PM
oh of course my girlfriend and sister comes before my car.. no doubt bout that.. we going to the doctors tommorrow to get checked, my sister is going with her boyfriend tommorrow to get checked also. My girl also has pain in her jaw which sucks big time, i got rear ended like 4 years ago and my jaw got unaligned, i have a hard time eating anything, especially steak, my jaw will lock, i'm hoping my girlfriend doesn't have to go thru what i am.

nismodrifter
11-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Hell with the car man, hope everything is alright with your sister.

j0nblayz
11-06-2005, 07:00 PM
thanx everyone for your concerns, i'll let you guys know how they are tommorrow.

Police
11-06-2005, 08:56 PM
fucking out of province driver

statick
11-06-2005, 09:02 PM
best of luck to em man....i hope it all works out for u

Goblin
11-06-2005, 09:29 PM
yes, but think what could of happened being in a domestic...

these cars have great safety :thumbsup:

shakalaka
11-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Shit man. Accidents are always bad. Hopefully your sister and gf will be alright without any problems. As far as the car is concerned, insurance should cover most of the damages, so you dont need to worry about that too much.

Kaos
11-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Sorry to hear man.
Hope all is well with your sister and her baby.
Keep us updated.

Hopefully your e36 isn't written off, its one of many Alpine sedans that looks sick! :thumbsup:

Zero102
11-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I hate to the the bringer of bad news, but if the roof is rippled, you're in big trouble car-wise. It will most likely be a write off, or even if they fix it, it will be an extensive repair.

That said, that really sucks, best of luck to everybody involved, and I wish you all a speedy recovery.

CalgarySupra
11-07-2005, 11:16 AM
good thing you werent hurt. i dont think they will right it off, just a new door and a rim and some paint.

in the summer i got rear ended buy ontario driver driving an accord who first rear ended a dodge strutus, rear ends me in the toyota supra, i get out, dodge driver is hurt, the dodge is TOTALLY smashed in from the front and the back, even her windshield got cracked and fluids leaking everywhere, i felt so bad for her that even the steering wheel pinned her leg .

the accord driver wasnt hurt but his car was a total write off

i wasnt hurt at all

2 tow trucks came, the toyota supra only had some dodge residue. no damage, the overwieght supra went back to work.

the police where so rude to me that day. this happened on 36st north you might of seen it, durring rush hour just before the 16th ave ramp to go east.

/////AMG
11-07-2005, 11:33 AM
:thumbsdow Sorry to hear man, hope the gf and sister are alright and the baby!!! How fast was the other driver going, do you know?

Bill Cosby
11-07-2005, 12:00 PM
im happy you are ok.. but is your girlfriend insured on your car?

j0nblayz
11-07-2005, 09:47 PM
my insurance doesn't really matter, since its the other side's insurance that will pay for everything. So far, my girlfriend has like level 2 or 3 injury to her neck and back, and not sure about my sister, her appointment is tommorrow. And the girl who hit my car still hasn't reported the accident to her insurance. We have to wait til it is reported thru SGI or something. Hopefully this girl is smart enough to go thru insurance especially with 2 injuries in this accident. Im worried this girl ran away, i asked the other insurance company what if this girl does not report an accident, and SGI told me then we will all have to go to small claims court. I'm like thats great news, more work for us for the other girls stupidity.

Car wise, its about $3300 worth of damage so far. Thats not including any mechanical work that may be required since my rim was hit. My girlfriend started her physiotherapy today. She already had to skip work today.

silva27
11-07-2005, 09:53 PM
sorry to hear that man.

Bill Cosby
11-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by j0nblayz
my insurance doesn't really matter, since its the other side's insurance that will pay for everything. So far, my girlfriend has like level 2 or 3 injury to her neck and back, and not sure about my sister, her appointment is tommorrow. And the girl who hit my car still hasn't reported the accident to her insurance. We have to wait til it is reported thru SGI or something. Hopefully this girl is smart enough to go thru insurance especially with 2 injuries in this accident. Im worried this girl ran away, i asked the other insurance company what if this girl does not report an accident, and SGI told me then we will all have to go to small claims court. I'm like thats great news, more work for us for the other girls stupidity.

Car wise, its about $3300 worth of damage so far. Thats not including any mechanical work that may be required since my rim was hit. My girlfriend started her physiotherapy today. She already had to skip work today.

why wouldnt your insurance matter?.

can't they easily say we arent paying for their pain no one had ownership of this vehicle nor proof of insurance of the vehicle in the acciedent

Goblin
11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I agree ^ Why?

Also, sue for head/neck injuries, then get a 2005 BMW 750 :thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
11-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby

why wouldnt your insurance matter?.

can't they easily say we arent paying for their pain no one had ownership of this vehicle nor proof of insurance of the vehicle in the acciedent

if you wrote down ur girlfriend as a occassional driver on your insurnance plan there should be no problems..

j0nblayz
11-08-2005, 01:50 AM
she wasn't written down as a occasional driver, but talking to my insurance company it does not matter, since she never drives my car, it was a one time thing, and its still covered in my insurance. The reason i said it doesn't matter on my insurance is cuz my insurance will not be paying for anything, it will be the other insruance company paying for everything, but still my insurance will do all the dealings for us so we dont have to be involved in the calls. and bill cosby, i got to the scene of the accident when it happened, trust me the other party will pay for everything.

Melinda
11-08-2005, 07:46 AM
^^ As someone who's been hurt in an accident that wasnt my fault, I can tell you that no amount of money will be able to make what happened to your gf and sister feel better...especially if (god forbid) something happened to your neice or nephew :(

Zero102
11-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Yep, people who drive the vehicle once in a blue moon don't need to be on the policy. It's like if you lend your car to a friend, you don't have to call your insurance company if it's for a short time (like a day).
Dealing with SGI can be like pulling teeth. Best of luck in getting this settled in a fair and efficient manner. I also hope everybody involved is alright.

Carfanman
11-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Wait, did the other car stop, get out, and exchange info? If yes, I hope she feels like crap for what she did, since it was her fault for doing something completely illegal, and if no, I'd say that after this is taken care of, you should try to see if the cops can find her and hope she gets some jail time.

:whipped: :guns:

j0nblayz
11-17-2005, 09:49 PM
ok guys, its almost been 2 weeks since the accident, and the girl who hit my car has still not reported the accident to SGI, my insurance company has sent SGI a demand letter already but SGI is still not doing anything. I called SGI myself, and the lady i talked to says theres nothing they can do, she said they need the demand letter from my insurance company, which i said we already sent, then she says in that case it takes about a week to start up a case, then i told her the demand letter was sent 2 weeks ago, then she says in that case the claim should be opened within the next 2-4 days. I was like, what are you even saying, that you guys dont care? i told her listen, top of my door is leakin water, at the rate its going water is gonna get in and crack my leather, and then she says, their insurance will not cover any damage that occurs after the accident. At this point i was just getting so frustrated, then i asked her, what if this girl does not report the accident and you guys can't find her? lady tells me in that case i have to take her to court, then i ask so what if she doesn't show up to court? then the lady tells me she doesn't know the answer to that. I then tell her, ok thanx for no info at all. So guys i dont know what to do, it seems that SGI wont do anything til the girl who hit my car files an accident, which at this point looks like she is not gonna report the accident. So its only been 2 weeks, but still she shouldeve reported the accident within the week of the accident. I honestly think this girl is still in calgary and not gonna report this accident. What do you guys think i should do? Regarding the injuries my girl and sister got, thats all being taken care of thru my insurance since i got liabilities on my insurance. The problems i am having is due to not having collision on my insurance, usually in this kinda of case and i had collision, my insurance would fix my car right away then go after SGI for the money, but since i dont have collision, i have to get the money straight from SGI, and at the rate this is goin, it will be next year til i even see something happening with this case. Please help me guys!

Supa Dexta
11-17-2005, 10:36 PM
I haven't read this whole post but I will tell you what happened to me earlier this yr.. My car was hit in the middle of the night, neighbour seen it and got a description, cops found him later on, got me his info within a few days.. I then called his insurance company (they said they hadn't heard anything from him yet) so they asked if I wanted to start the claim, I was like? umm yes get this shit over with, I'm not waiting for him to take his time.. so the case was started, they sent someone out to see my car, they asked where I wanted to send it.. I picked a top end shop and it was taken care of.. Fucking right I was going to soak them for all I could at the time.... Hope it works out for you...

:)

ninspeed
11-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Contact your insurance again.. tell them you need this car fixed due to the damages, and you need to start a claim. Your insurance will open their own file/claim, get things roling. When all is said in done, and a final dollar amount has been posted to the claim, they will then file a lawsuit with the Third Party (person who hit your car).... they will claim for their time, and the total bill.... she will probally not be able to pay that bill. and will have to put it through insurance anyways.... Your insurance will not go up becuase of this.. unless you have had a few not at faults....

j0nblayz
11-17-2005, 11:07 PM
yeah i know what you mean, but the problem is that the girl who hit my car is from saskatchewan, SGI has very different policy then alberta, thats why i'm having so many problems. Calgary, within a week i should have a claim all done and my car in the shop.

justincalgary
11-17-2005, 11:18 PM
i got his about a month ago by a sask. insured driver. took me a week to even find out who my adjuster was....her name was barb mager. anyways, they told me that they will not touch my truck until they do an investigation into whether or not the guy that hit me was in breach of his insurance or not. hopefully in you're case, when she does report that she is: a) a student or b) was just visiting. for both of those everything will go smoothly. if you find that she isn't covered by insurance, contact you're insurance company and ask them about alberta's insurance contingency plan. alberta has some money set aside from all of the high premiums we pay, so just in case you are hit by someone without insurance. it will get fixed and then they go after sgi. like everyone else says, the most important thing is your sister and gf are okay. but i don know how you feel, i was stuck with a shit ass rental for 24 days, and i only had minor damage. if you have any other questions, maybe i can help, just pm me. good luck with everything. you might want to call sgi back and ask to speak to the manager, i had to, and i think his name was ron.

j0nblayz
11-25-2005, 10:14 AM
woohoo, finally i got a call from SGI today saying that i can bring my car into any shop to get the work started! Took about almost 3 weeks..

streetarab
11-25-2005, 11:17 AM
GET IT IN WRITING!!! i wouldnt just take my car to the shop on 1 phone call, i dont know about canada by here in the states if that happens they wont cover shit, the post man hit me and the postmaster called me and told me to take my car to the shop and get it fixed, they would cover, i tried to get it in writing but they wouldnt do it and i then talked to my insurance company and they said it was complete BS. always get a paper trail goin

j0nblayz
11-25-2005, 12:28 PM
dont worry, walter at continental is gonna call SGI to confirm everything, walter is gonna re-check the estimate and call sgi for the final estimate.

streetarab
11-25-2005, 01:52 PM
thats cool, at first they told me to fix my car but then they just totaled it :dunno: hope the same doesnt happen to you

lint
11-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by streetarab
thats cool, at first they told me to fix my car but then they just totaled it :dunno: hope the same doesnt happen to you

I believe they need to know how much the repairs will cost before they decide whether it's a write off or not.

streetarab
11-25-2005, 08:33 PM
the US postal service told me to fix it, then i talked to there insurance company and the insurance totaled it (the guy came out and looked at it and all), the usps was trying to rape me!

j0nblayz
12-12-2005, 03:29 PM
guys i need your opinion on this, i brought my car in today to start the work on the car, but since they dont offer a courtesy car, i had to rent one from discount rentals, so i got a rental car, but the problem was i dont have full collision on my insurance so i was required by discount to get their insurance package which was like $20/day or so, anyways, i got the car and called SGI to let them know that i had to get the insurance, and now the agent at SGI is telling me that i will have to pay out of my pocket for the $20/day charge, which is gonna over $100 since it's gonna take over a week to fix my car. Agent at SGI said he will not pay for any optional packages, and i told him it was a requirement not a optional package, why am i responsible for anything when there insurer hit my car? i dont what i'm gonna do about this, i'm not paying $100+ for anything!!! what should i do?

96GrandAMGT
12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
i say send them the bill anyways...or get your insurance to send them a bill...somthing can be done im sure.... good luck

Goblin
12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Well im happy you updated us on your situation.. man, insurance copmanies.... I tell ya.

I agree with grand am, and also agree with thats its their fault their insuree hit your car. Try to get around that with sending them the bill, or talk to a lawyer for advice. (its free mostly, i htink?)

j0nblayz
12-12-2005, 07:45 PM
so i called my insurance company just to see what i should do about this, and my insurance company even says that its normal that sgi is making me charge for the extra insurace, its due to the fact that i dont have collision on my current insurance, so sgi wont pay extra to get collision on my rental. Which is totally bs but i guess i have to pay. Man, this just sucks, i didn't even do nothing, and i have to pay for something that was totally the girl from sask's fault.