PDA

View Full Version : window tiniting

iiinycboi
02-19-2003, 01:50 PM
i was wondering if i could tint the front and the rear windows? maybe just the sides and the rear? But im afriad i will mess up the defrosted lines, is there spray on tint or something i could do.

Fuji
02-19-2003, 02:05 PM
You can tint whatever you want, but the cops won't like you tinting anything but the 3 rear windows. The defrosters shouldn't be affected by tinting, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Ben
02-19-2003, 02:08 PM
It is illegal to have any film transparent, translucent or opague, on the windows forward of the drivers shoulder.

With that being said, I myself will be tinting all windows 85%. Most cops wont hassle you too badly over that, but if they pull you over for something serious, expect to get a ticket for those as well.

HK2NR
02-19-2003, 03:39 PM
yeah i got pulled over at night for having like 60% tint in my front. It was end of the month.. asshole was going for his quota

szw
02-19-2003, 03:41 PM
85% is hardly even noticible!!!

I'm sure you wno't be bothered with that kind of tint unless a cop needs to give a ticket.

Ben
02-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by HK2NR
yeah i got pulled over at night for having like 60% tint in my front. It was end of the month.. asshole was going for his quota

explain how the cop is an asshole for doing his job? are your front windows tinted?

Dont tint them if you dont want a ticket, cause whether or not he was meeting his quota or not, the law is the law.

iiinycboi
02-19-2003, 04:00 PM
you gyus do 85 60 percents when the law here is 35% max!!!

HK2NR
02-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ben

explain how the cop is an asshole for doing his job? are your front windows tinted?

Dont tint them if you dont want a ticket, cause whether or not he was meeting his quota or not, the law is the law.

yeah true true, they were tinted.. not anymore.. less hassle, but yeah it's kinda stupid how like my friend's bimmer has really dark tint and he's never gotten a ticket for that.. guess cus he's driving a bimmer...got my tint done at RPM.. dude there said nah you shouldn't have much probs with 60.. i'm like alright... oh wellz.. i have nothing to worry bout now so that's cool with me

Ben
02-19-2003, 04:25 PM
of course they are going to say "nah, no probls" hahaha, they are taking your money.hahaha

I dont think I have seen your car, any pics?

G
02-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by iiinycboi
you gyus do 85 60 percents when the law here is 35% max!!!

100% is the law for the fronts and it is 85% of the light gets in. So 85% will be lighter than 60%. 35% is limo dark.

iiinycboi
02-19-2003, 05:58 PM
ohhh i always thought that if 35% dark thats it and 65% of lights comes in - thanks

rsxrsx
02-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Most cops wont hassle you too badly over that, but if they pull you over for something serious, expect to get a ticket for those as well.

True dat! :thumbsup: It’s a $34 ticket just to let you know. :thumbsdow

HK2NR
02-19-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Ben
of course they are going to say "nah, no probls" hahaha, they are taking your money.hahaha

I dont think I have seen your car, any pics?
lol.. yeah this was done last yr when i just got my car and pretty much knew shit all about anything haha..

no recent pics though sorry.. i was gonna get some done today but couldn't find any batteries in the house for the digi cam...

ACS-e36
02-19-2003, 10:43 PM
i think if you gotta moonroof... KEEP IT OPEN or if you gotta sunroof on a warm day.. open it whenever you can... it tends to lighten it up

Ben
02-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by ACS-e36
i think if you gotta moonroof... KEEP IT OPEN or if you gotta sunroof on a warm day.. open it whenever you can... it tends to lighten it up

what tends to lighten up? the tint on the sunroof?

BarryBeach
02-20-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Ben

yes if you are pulled over for speeding chances are you are going to get a ticket for that too. James and I were on 17th Ave and James accelerated to the speed limit rather fast :thumbsup: but anyway's we rolled the windows down real quick and James still unfortunately got a ticket for the tint and for stunting... lol personally I have learned that 17th ... BAD BAD place to speed or do anything considered un orderly for 2 reasons #1 the amount of cops and #2 the amount of space ....

.... Defiantly a good cruzin strip though

ACS-e36
02-20-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Ben

what tends to lighten up? the tint on the sunroof?

nono you front window tint is less noticiable

Ben
02-20-2003, 12:15 PM
yeah, thats true, the more interior lighting th better, heh

Paul
02-25-2003, 06:06 PM
I once had 6 window tinting tickets in 2 months, $27 each. If you do get pulled over by the same cop more than once he/she has the right to impound your car on the spot. And hey, my tint was only 30%! If you make a car look flashy expect to get some unwanted attention, even from the police!

missblondie
02-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Legally you can go as dark as you would like on your back windows, as long as you have outside mirrors on both sides. And it definetly doesn't affect your rear defrost as long as you go to a shop that knows what they are doing so they don't cut and defrost lines.. besides that.. it is up to you