PDA

View Full Version : Deck Keeps Cutting out!

PeDe
11-07-2005, 11:24 PM
I have a Sony Explode Deck 3 subs (only running two ten Infinities now though) and a Pyramid 400 Watt amp. I have been playing around with it and and when I turn a song up with alot of bass, my deck turns completely off. The same thing happends when my car (Warmed up) at night time and im idle, Ill have my music up pretty loud and then turn my lights on, sometimes cuts out then I have to turn the music down or it will keep cutting out. Is this because my amp is shit, or is it because the battery cant handle it or am I way far fetched?

Oh ya and i dont need people bashing my audio stuff, its what I can afford in school
Thanks guys!
Garry

Jonathan@TCS
11-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Sounds strange!

I think the first thing to do would be to go and get your cars electrical system checked make sure it is charging properly, and that your battery is good.

Good Luck!

soupey
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
check for bad grounds....are ur other speakers being powered by an amp or by the deck?...ur subs might cut out if ur amp is overheating, it might b too small the push the two subs.

but for sure check for a loose/bad contact ground wire, i had that problem, caused alota noise and shut the deck off...ur ground wire might not be grounding enough once u turn up the volume...soo it'll mess things up.

hmm recheck all ur connections behind the deck...unless ur positive those are fine, i'd redo them. recheck all ur amp connections too. maybe disconnect ur subs and turn ur deck up loud to see if ur problems have anything to do wit the subs...if it cuts out while ur subs are powered on...then somethings messed up wit the deck...if its only cutting out with the subs connected, make sure all ur sub power connections are tight and that u have no shorts.