PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Roads?

kenny
02-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey just curious for those of you up in Edmonton, how are the roads? Has there been lots of snow lately? Just wanted to know how the main roads are (clear?) as well as the smaller roads. Pictures? haha

buh_buh
02-19-2003, 04:03 PM
drive it and see for yourself fool!

kenny
02-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Ya ok! and get stuck lol, its not like calgary fool! =) they got winter!

buh_buh
02-19-2003, 04:06 PM
bahahah suckers.

88 CRX
02-19-2003, 04:16 PM
I was there yesterday and the roads are like they are here.

MrHeavyFoot
02-19-2003, 04:32 PM
They just finished clearing all of the side streets, so everything should be OK. Mind you, they're calling for another 5-10 cm of snow tomorrow.

redbaron303
02-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Ya, everything is A-Ok... only bad thing is the 13foot deep potholes that are now uncovered!

I don't know, roads are okay but those damend potholes... and it's snowing again today.

hjr
02-19-2003, 11:02 PM
its the same as cowtown

rayray
02-20-2003, 04:30 AM
the roads up there are NOT the same. Edmonton got lots of snow and colder temps compared to Calgary. the snow naver has a chance to melt so there's large snow piles on the side of most roads which make the lanes a little narrow. residential areas weren't cleared (but i think they did them last weekend). my parents got stuck in front of their place about once a week for the past month cuz people are putting snow out on the roads cuz their lawns are pretty stacked right now.

at least that's how it was 2 weekend ago when i was there. i'm sure there's some e-town peeps on here that can give you a current update on the conditions.

-rayray

GTS Jeff
02-21-2003, 02:04 AM
edmonton is GHETTO. they are too damn ghetto to have as much snow plowing and sanding as calgary. its like, "hmm well we only have 14 cm of snow on the ground, lets wait a few days and until its a foot before we start plowing".

the only good thing about them not plowing is that the snow does tend to fill in the many potholes.

dogstar
02-21-2003, 02:13 PM
agreed with jeff.... lmao the roads here are terrible.

put it this way, my winter beater is a truck and i have to slow down to jump the ruts and potholes. :(

kenny
02-22-2003, 03:59 AM
Wow you guys weren't joking about the potholes... I think we encountered the first one like 2 mins after getting into Edmonton (there was traffic!) right off of Calgary Trail, mother bitch was big as hell! haha lucky I didnt drive my car.

boi-alien
02-22-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Wow you guys weren't joking about the potholes... I think we encountered the first one like 2 mins after getting into Edmonton (there was traffic!) right off of Calgary Trail, mother bitch was big as hell! haha lucky I didnt drive my car.
hahhaha BASTARD! i know who drove!! you guys spent some good quality time together eh?!?! :rofl: :poosie: :rofl: :rofl:

___2PaC___
02-22-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by redbaron303
Ya, everything is A-Ok... only bad thing is the 13foot deep potholes that are now uncovered!

I don't know, roads are okay but those damend potholes... and it's snowing again today.

:werd: :rofl: :rofl:
Worst roads ever...thanks god I only lived there for 6 months hahaha, crazyness lol