PDA

View Full Version : paint problem (BBB?)

szw
02-19-2003, 07:03 PM
I had a rock chip on my passenger side-mirror.

Washed the car, and the chip 'exploded' and took off some big chunks of paint.

The dealer said they won't cover anything started because of a rock-chip (they pointed out the rock chip on the mirror, which was about 3 cm away from the damage).

You can now tell how thin the paint is...

This isn't going to be my last visit to the dealership.

Has anybody ever made a claim through the BBB?

dsm69
02-19-2003, 07:30 PM
dont put the pressure washer so close to the paint and it will not come off. good luck geting the dealer to fix it its your fault

szw
02-19-2003, 07:34 PM
I usually don't, i have the washer about 4 feet away from the car at all times!

Weapon_R
02-20-2003, 12:04 AM
And the BBB is going to do exactly what for you, do you think?

bigboom
02-20-2003, 12:23 AM
all b15 sentras seem to have that problem my spec has the exact same thing...nissans paint is shit. its like there is no clear coat...they just mix it in with the paint.

szw
02-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
And the BBB is going to do exactly what for you, do you think?

yah i know nothing..
i'm just pissed off! I am having bad luck with this car...

Weapon_R
02-20-2003, 01:01 AM
The BBB can register complaints, but I don't think they actively pursue solutions.

You can try and ask the dealer again, and begin your walk along the chain of command until you finally find someone who will listen.

szw
02-20-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
The BBB can register complaints, but I don't think they actively pursue solutions.

You can try and ask the dealer again, and begin your walk along the chain of command until you finally find someone who will listen.

Actually you can use BBB for arbitration if you have bigger problems (obviously bigger than mine).

But yeah, i'm just gonna keep going back to the dealership..

:(

hkcivic2k2
02-20-2003, 07:57 PM
What dealership did you buy that car from??? What year is your car... What is your car??

RICH

tegdream
02-20-2003, 08:05 PM
hkcivic2k2 who are you?

szw
02-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Nissan Sunridge -2003-Sentra Spec-V

szw
02-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Well, the manager has agreed to repaint my mirror under warranty if I get a body-shop to look at it, and agree that poor paint quality is the reason why so much flaked off.

Any suggestions of where to take it to? Or just anywhere that will listen?

Weapon_R
02-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Just find a place that will agree that it was poor quality :)

Keep going until you find one. Hahaha.

hkcivic2k2
02-25-2003, 08:51 AM
I woulda asked him if it was normal for all your 2003 Nissan Models to flake their paint off when its hit by a rock... I woulda asked him if all the models are being built with this type of paint.... Because thats unreal for a 2003 car to flake at rock chips.. Imagine what that car will look like when its 5 - 10 years old when its already doing it now... I woulda also told him I was posting all this on a Calgary car forum.... Fucking asshole.... Man I would be so mad if I were you... I have a rock chip on my hood and I'm purposely shooting it with water to make sure it doesnt chip while the car is still under warranty

RICH

szw
03-01-2003, 12:59 AM
So i took it to a bodyshop and they said the paint sucks.

He scraped off some more paint, and showed the colour underneath. the mirror is painted gold underneath! Not really gold, but a goldish silver that is used on other sentra models!

Not sanded or primed or anything, this soundsl ike good reason enough!

I'm going tomorrow to the dealership to show them.

I also have some other discolorations needing repainting, which should be covered under warranty since its under the clear coat.

Would I be able to choose the bodyshop I want it painted with (under warranty) because I have other repairs I need done, and would like them done by one particular company.

I have a feeling that weapon-r will be the only reply. haha

rage2
03-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Most car paints break easily from even the lightest stone chips... it's because the tree huggers complained and now the paints are water based and not oil based, making them very weak. On my 944, I repainted the front panel after adding an intercooler vent, and I've got about 200 stone chips on that sucker. The hood, with original "stronger" paint, has 1/10th the stone chips (17 years of driving). On my SLK's, they're both 3m clearbra'd extensively. Only way to protect it.