PDA

View Full Version : whats the fastest a4 in town?

asp integra
11-09-2005, 12:04 AM
my buddy is planning on getting a audi 1.8t a4 and he wants to completely deck it out engine and performance wise, and i was just wondering what kinda numbers some local a4s are putting out and what they have done to em, thanks

RickDaTuner
11-09-2005, 12:05 AM
who's the guy that ran track days this past summer at race city.. IIRC his A4 was flippin fast as stink:burnout:

lastprodigy
11-09-2005, 12:05 AM
the fastest i know of on here is R-Audi's 1.8T with stage 3 APR....im sure hell chime in though...i could be wrong

nismodrifter
11-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah I think its probably R-Audi but I don't know of many other heavily modded A4's in town.

Goblin
11-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Go for the s4 if he can afford it....

Only way I know to explain it: m3 over a 330. Greater performance to start off with, and money goes fatrher

T-Dubbs
11-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Yeah I think its probably R-Audi but I don't know of many other heavily modded A4's in town.
ya his is fast, but when the tunerworks S4 was in town, he was the quickest by far.he had many goodies including upgraded turbos..
R-Audi has launch issues, and that limited him to a shitty 1/4 time

statick
11-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Goblin
Go for the s4 if he can afford it....

Only way I know to explain it: m3 over a 330. Greater performance to start off with, and money goes fatrher
:werd: see if he wants to save up some more money (or use some of the money from some of the mods he would do pretty soon), and just pick up an S4....definitley a more potent car.

benyl
11-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
who's the guy that ran track days this past summer at race city.. IIRC his A4 was flippin fast as stink:burnout:

That is an S4. He bought the Tunerworks S4.

lsc2g
11-09-2005, 08:40 AM
r-audis is one fast audi

that tunerworks S4 is insane too

disturbo has the fastest vw 1.8t in town easily

civicrider
11-09-2005, 01:13 PM
i hope your brother has deep pockets upgrading on audis will caost more then the car

R-Audi
11-09-2005, 06:37 PM
For A4's there is mine and another silver one wit a Caractere body kit that are both equipped with the APR stage 3 kits.. The kit itself cost 4k usd, and is around 300 to the crank hp. (Gas program dependent) There is also a Red A4 with a TAP turbo kit on it, but havent heard any good things about that kit.

There are plenty of cheaper options out there, but APR has by far the most reliable software. Other good kits are the PES T-28 and the verdict is still out on the ATP Eliminators.. (Heard Revo big turbo software works great with them, but is only B6 A4's that I know of) You can also get a PES Supercharger on a 2.8, and they are around 4k usd for 290chp. For more info, try looking at www.audiworld.com or maybe www.audizine.com or pestuning.com or www.goapr.com

For comparison, my car is supposed to be about even with a Stage 2 S4.. (Chip/exhaust) but I have yet to run with one.

If you have the cash an S4 is great, but if you do chip it be prepared for the turbo's to eventually go, and be stuck with a minimum 8k repair bill. A4's are also lighter!

For 1.8T's in general, there is a blue Jetta that is by far the fastest in Calgary, (That I know of.. he walks away from me!) but keep in mind it is easier in calgary to tune a FWD with lack of an AWD dyno.

You best bet (and cheapest) would be to find an A4 with parts on it already.. (If you feel like importing from the US I know of one 2001 with the Pes kit 250 Whp for 18us... and there is also a supercharged 2.8 for sale as well in the states..)

Stage 3+ hasnt 'officially' (You can order it, but it hasnt been offically released to the public) been released for B5 A4's yet (GT28rs) but I would expect an A4 in Calgary to be rolling around with that come spring!!!! ;)

voodoo
11-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

For 1.8T's in general, there is a blue Jetta that is by far the fastest in Calgary, (That I know of.. he walks away from me!) but keep in mind it is easier in calgary to tune a FWD with lack of an AWD dyno.

ive played around with him a few times before... nice car