PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of Great Cars and Trucks.com

nit78
11-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Today I recieved a call from a company called

Great Cars and Trucks.com. The guy offered to list my vehicles for $100 a piece and they would provide the financing to any would be buyers. He also explained that they make their money on the financing portion of the sale.

Has anyone ever used these guys and what has been your experience?

Here is link to their site

GREAT CARS AND TRUCKS (http://www.greatcarsandtrucks.com)

Weapon_R
11-09-2005, 12:53 PM
do a search man, a lot of people think they are shady because of their 90 day money back guarantee.

sl888
11-09-2005, 01:05 PM
My dad listed his SUV with them a while ago. It never sold.
Yeah they say they would give you your money back if it didnt sell. I don't know if my dad got his money back though.

nit78
11-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
do a search man, a lot of people think they are shady because of their 90 day money back guarantee.

I couldn't find anything when I did a search

Bill Cosby
11-09-2005, 01:18 PM
dont use them, because when you go to get a refund its a fucking hassle and for the fees you pay youll end up getting less than half.. i have a friend that used to work there and they are shady as the darkness

civicrider
11-09-2005, 01:39 PM
scammers, same with mycarsold.ca they dont refund your money and no one really looks at the sites i doubt they have sold a car

rockym20
11-09-2005, 01:50 PM
I gave it a try. What a waste of time & money. I haven't gotten a single call through their site & my Tib has been listed with them for a month. While it isn't a scam (they do advertise and list your car, after all), your money will be much better spent selling through Autotrader (which people actually look at).

Oh and they give you pressure tactics to try to get you to list immediately as they are worried another of their salesman will call you while you are thinking about it.

max_boost
11-09-2005, 04:15 PM
They basically call everyone who's had their cars listed on the trader or any other website and try to get you to advertise with them. Of course I got sucked into the sales pitch, it sounded too good to be true and I should have known! Bastards!!

When I did try to get my money back they gave me the whole run around so I just gave up.

Well it's been two years since I listed my S2000 with them. I just did a quick search and guess what? It's still there and I've only had 1 call about my car LOL

I ended up selling my car on Beyond however.

Sai
11-09-2005, 05:14 PM
lol dont use them they suck

finboy
11-09-2005, 06:01 PM
i know soooo many people that worked for them, SHADY company, hahahahaha

i still can't believe people fell for their "money back guarentee" w/o asking about it :dunno:

statick
11-09-2005, 06:03 PM
i got a call from these suckers too...didn't sound amazing:thumbsdow

googe
11-10-2005, 03:09 AM
so he asked you for $100, and told you the way they make money is the financing? :rofl:

Aleks
11-10-2005, 07:56 AM
LOL they called me like 5 times and each time I was like no thanks I'd rather advertize on Trader. Bunch of BS if you ask me.