PDA

View Full Version : speaker amp install

_wrx_
11-10-2005, 03:11 PM
hey i was wondering how to wire 4 speakers and amp them to a 4 channle amp, and also bridging it to a amp for my subs! thanks

Weapon_R
11-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Not sure that it's recommended that you power all of that with a single amplifier...

GSR Zero
11-10-2005, 03:54 PM
^^^ ya man. Best bet would be to run your fronts on the amp, bridge your other 2 channels for the amp and then run the other 2 speakers off the deck. That or get yourself a 2nd amp for the subs.

SWX
11-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by _wrx_
hey i was wondering how to wire 4 speakers and amp them to a 4 channle amp, and also bridging it to a amp for my subs! thanks

In english please.

I think you mean you want to run 4 speakers and a sub off a 4ch amp?

If so then yeah run 2 channels to the fronts and bridge the rear channels to a sub. Then run the rear speakers off the deck.

DR.Gonzo
11-11-2005, 01:26 AM
what about running summed mono. some of the older 4 cannnel amps could do it. i dont recommend it by any stretch but you can sure. you hook up all 4 speakers as you normally would, then you bridge the rear channels with a passive lowpass filter in series with the sub. not ideal , but can work if you have the right gear and can build passives properly. but me personally I would do what the others have suggested

_wrx_
11-14-2005, 11:29 PM
im running a mrd 501 stinger pro fuse distrbtion, stinger pro cap alpine deck running the rear speakers and front speakers dont work need new speakers and amp! im stuk i dont know how to wire the rcas and get power ect ect.

DR.Gonzo
11-15-2005, 12:04 AM
read the instructions that come with the amp.....sorry about my last post there... thought you had one amp for the job.