PDA

View Full Version : Notice : Stolen Corolla

climer
11-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi,

My friend just had her 98 Toyota Corolla stolen from her street in West Hillhurst, Calgary. It was stolen sometime during the evening this past Monday.

I'm afraid I don't have a picture to post but it's light beige in color and has a licence plate YUM433. (Easy to remember huh ?) There is also an Ontario plate on the front with AWNY 141.

The car is completely stock and is completely optionless. No power locks, windows, etc. and is a 5spd.

If you have any info or see this car, please report this to the Police @ 266-1234.

Any help will be appreciated ! Thanks.

Ken.

Goblin
11-10-2005, 06:11 PM
another... sigh

Should be easy because of the plates

A_3
11-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Not another... I hope these car thieves meet a horrible end!
I'll keep an eye out for it!

Zero102
11-10-2005, 10:44 PM
A car like that is most likely an opportunity theft. Not to bash right now, but it's illegal to run an ontario plate on the front of an alberta registered vehicle...

Best of luck in recovering the car, and I'll keep my eyes open. Most likely it will turn up minimally damaged, and in some obscure neighborhood. It's not riced out, and it's not a high-theft car.

AcuraTl
11-10-2005, 10:57 PM
these days i do not feel safe driving a car without it having an imobilizor or atleast an ALARM installed :( i will keep a lookout!

climer
11-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Not to bash right now, but it's illegal to run an ontario plate on the front of an alberta registered vehicle...

Hmm... Maybe it was towed away by the police for having illegal plates. ;)

Actually, I thought they were decorative plates so I was a little surprised when she told me they were actual plates from when she was in Ontario.

Ah well, thanks to everyone for keeping your eyes open for this car.

I'm sure it'll pop up eventually.

That's what happened to my Accord when it was stolen about 15 yrs ago. Unfortunately, the slimy bastards decided to take it rally racing before ditching it on a country road ! :guns: