11-11-2005, 01:48 AM
haha, he biffed the landing.
And that's why you wear a back brace and chest protector :D

heinz256
11-11-2005, 04:56 AM
ahah good show

RB25DET
11-13-2005, 05:11 AM
Thats a friend of mine here in lethbridge. The gap measures 40 x 70 which makes it pretty well one of the biggest things ever attempted on a mountainbike, and just to clear things up, he completely walked away from the crash (and no the barriers dont come into play with the gap). The video got leaked before he could land it, and now he's just waiting for it to feel right to hit it again, and for a non-windy day (which in lethbridge is hard to come by). For those of you that ride...this thing is fucking nuts....the tranny is so steep, and the gap is so long, that its a total sniper tranny, and i guess he just had about 5km/h too little speed...:nut:

Nav13
11-13-2005, 02:38 PM
At first I thought, "what a fucken idiot" but now that I think of it, that guy has alot of guts pulling something like that, and I guess that desercves some praise. Hopefuly soon there will be a vid of him landing it.

Ekliptix
11-13-2005, 03:00 PM
I can't imagine doing that on a mtb. I would probably to it on my sled, but not a snowboard or skis.

Make sure we see the vid when he sticks it.

ryder_23
11-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I can't imagine doing that on a mtb. I would probably to it on my sled, but not a snowboard or skis.

:werd:

imagine not making the tranny on a board/skis, bye bye knees

DJ Lazy
11-13-2005, 03:44 PM
, but not skis.

Thats the only thing I would think of doing it on... I wouldn't feel comfortable on anything else...

RB25DET
11-13-2005, 04:37 PM

Yeah, will do. I was going to post up the video's TOGETHER once he had it stomped, showing the crash and landing it. The camera man will be hitting it as well, he's just recovering from a broken ankle, i however, will not be hitting it, lol...........ever.......:nut:

doublepostwhore
11-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Was that steve T's attempt? or was that the 250 kids attempt?

RB25DET
11-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
Was that steve T's attempt? or was that the 250 kids attempt?

Thats not steve T or johnny (on the hardtail), and that isnt ORD in kamloops, its in lethbridge, and matt is the only guy to have tried it so far. Him and darrell i would imagine are the only 2 people who will be hitting it anytime soon.

RB25DET
11-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by dodad
That jump was done in kelowna

No it wasnt you idiot. In kelowna is Gillard, which this guy has hit as well, but this one is a new gapper in lethbridge that is way higher and longer than gillard in kelowna.

ryder_23
11-14-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by dodad

umm funny...because the same junp was performed in kelowna 2004 as i was there for boating contest. about 8 guys or so where talking about jumping that hill...they were in a old school bus news crews where there and espn i belive...

no need for names there little guy!

Sorry man, but from my extensive 2am research, i came up with this...

Leth Jump (http://vpfree.pinkbike.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=90683&highlight=gillard+gap)

Me being bored, decided too google the gillard gap...after not being able to find pictures of it for whatever reason, this popped up. Seems the jump from the video matchs these pictures. Seems like the guy is from leth as well.

RB25DET
11-14-2005, 04:31 PM
The guys your talking about with the bus is from the TV show drop in, and you would have seen tyler klassen and steve romaniuk hitting it. This is a totally different gap man....oh and thanks ryder for digging that up.