PDA

View Full Version : Range Rover Headlight Conversion

Eternal_Prince
11-11-2005, 03:19 AM
Hi Beyonders!

I am looking for a diy or a shop in calgary that can do a headlight conversion on a 1998 Range Rover (4.6). The lights are from the 2004 models (MK3). The grill on the front would also have to be cut in order for the headlights to fit in.

This has been done in the states, as i have seen a couple of these threads, but the people who have done it, have not elaborated on how to do it.

Can anyone recommend any Calgary shops that would do this kind of work? Thanks! :clap:

schurchill39
11-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Try to find a picture and post it up, maybe once people see what it looks like they can direct you to the best place that does that sort of work:dunno:

R-Audi
11-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Street Heat does most of the Truck work in Calgary..

Eternal_Prince
11-11-2005, 07:40 PM
This is what the 2004 models currently look like.
http://members.shaw.ca/ivan_wong87/Range/04%20Range.jpg

This is what the 1998 model looks like.
http://members.shaw.ca/ivan_wong87/Range/98%20Range.jpg

This is after the conversion.
http://members.shaw.ca/ivan_wong87/Range/conversion.jpg

Range Headlight Conversion (http://rangerovers.net/rrupgrades/body/lightstomk3.html)

Here is a link previously mentioned about the headlight conversions. There appears to be many steps in this conversion, but I have been unable to find any help on it. I would be thankful if someone could recommend to me a shop in Calgary that could do this! Thanks! :D

Eternal_Prince
11-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Is this the street heat you are referring to?

Atec-Street Heat Inc
5218 1A St Se, Calgary, AB T1X 1E1, Canada
(403) 292-0039

Chester
11-11-2005, 08:15 PM
:eek: Thats pimp. Is there anyway to make the front bumper fit?

l8braker
11-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Off topic, but do you work for Trotter and Morten??

infected
11-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Wow that looks really good!! You might want to go around town and get a quote from various bodyshops. I think most people go to National for bodywork.

Eternal_Prince
11-12-2005, 03:10 AM
Chester: What do you mean make front bumper fit?

l8braker: No, I dont work for Trotter and Morten.

infected: Does national also rewire and etc? Because the new bi-xenon lights need to be rewired along with the bodywork.

Thx for the replies! :)

snowboard
11-12-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by l8braker
Off topic, but do you work for Trotter and Morten??

I have so many trotor and morten pencils. fuck. i swear my whole family worked for them at one time.

Goblin
11-12-2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Eternal_Prince
Chester: What do you mean make front bumper fit?

l8braker: No, I dont work for Trotter and Morten.

infected: Does national also rewire and etc? Because the new bi-xenon lights need to be rewired along with the bodywork.

Thx for the replies! :)

Bi-Xenon will not work with a non bi-xenon equipped car. Instead of just using a different bulb for high beam, you are putting power to a solenoid, in turn, moving a "shield" backwards, so the light is directed upwards.

From what I understand with BMW's, this cannot be done. :|

You can, however, have just the option not to utilize the high beam mode for the xenons!

hope this helps.

Eternal_Prince
11-12-2005, 04:36 AM
Well according to the guy who has done it, he said he has got the bi-xenon to work. This is quoted from the site posted earlier.

"A certain amount of rewiring is needed for the new bi-xenon lights: "It was pretty easy.... opening up the lights you will see the bi-xenon solenoid, as well as a small PCB with 3 wires going to it... one of them is connected to the ground of the headlight, one of them is connected to the xenon hid transformer, and the other is what you connect to the highbeam, in parallel to the smaller circle light (near the grill). This should be easy for anyone to solve though... it was rather simpler, although I thought it wouldnt be... tell your shop to fix it up, if they cant figure it out go to another shop maybe!

"The turnlights have a very slight discrepancy. Electrically it is perfect... xenon working, bi-xenon working, everything working fine, no faults. Because the truck didnt have headlight levelling this feature is disabled."

Mitheral
11-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Goblin

Bi-Xenon will not work with a non bi-xenon equipped car. Instead of just using a different bulb for high beam, you are putting power to a solenoid, in turn, moving a "shield" backwards, so the light is directed upwards.

It'll work if you are changing lenses, headlight doors, pots, mounts, etc. etc. which is what Eternal_Prince is wanting to do.

FiveFreshFish
11-12-2005, 07:52 PM

From what I understand with BMW's, this cannot be done. :|

You can, however, have just the option not to utilize the high beam mode for the xenons!

hope this helps.

:hijack:
It's been done and here's the DIY (http://hidforum.com/diy/e36bixenon.php) procedure for an E36.

It can be wired up so you have 4 high beams. The high beam circuit applies power to the solenoid AND the conventional high beams to achieve this. The solenoid requires very little power so you're not going to stress the high beam circuit.

Goblin
11-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Mitheral

It'll work if you are changing lenses, headlight doors, pots, mounts, etc. etc. which is what Eternal_Prince is wanting to do.

Its more than just replacing all that, if the car doesn't know it has bi-xenon, how can you operate it?

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

:hijack:
It's been done and here's the DIY (http://hidforum.com/diy/e36bixenon.php) procedure for an E36.

It can be wired up so you have 4 high beams. The high beam circuit applies power to the solenoid AND the conventional high beams to achieve this. The solenoid requires very little power so you're not going to stress the high beam circuit.

Not quite as easy as a little bit of power.

FiveFreshFish
11-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Not quite as easy as a little bit of power.

The wiring is the easy part. It's the fabrication, custom fitting and alignment that's a bitch.

Eternal_Prince
11-13-2005, 12:03 AM
So does anyone know any shops that does this kind of work?

lastprodigy
11-13-2005, 12:55 PM
I think Millenium autodody maybe your best bet....hopefully they are willing to take on a winter project like this as they are porably very busy already. Either way, that conversion doesnt look awfully hard, and they have done much harder....so providing you find the right place...you shouldnt have much of a problem.