PDA

View Full Version : Squeeky Drums? or E brake???

GQBalla
11-11-2005, 04:07 AM
okay so heres the story i was driving along and all the sudden i hear this little squeek....so this noise only happens when i let off the brake completly and when i put the E-brake down....so after further investigation i figured out it was coming from the rear drums....so i took off the tires and took apart the cover for the drums and i blew all this like black dust out....i think its brake dust and what not, i get it all clean and nice slap back on everything and take it for a test drive and everything was perfect again....i cleaned the drums out 2 days ago and just tonight i heard the noise again....this time not as loud when im lettin off the brake but same loudness when i put down the e brake.....

so now im super confused...at first i had no idea what i was doin and juss decided to clean it out and see if that made a difference and it did...but now i actually have no clue...

can anybody help me out???

this is on a 2004 civic sedan...the squeek is loud but noticeable

lastprodigy
11-11-2005, 04:34 AM
didnt you already make a thread about this a while ago???

GQBalla
11-11-2005, 04:36 AM
no sir...if you are a man
ahah
juss jokes

no this is a different thread completely different sound and this is for the rear drum brakes not my front disc brakes in my other thread

lastprodigy
11-11-2005, 04:45 AM
haha no, this is a star of the desperate housewives giving you advice on your civic :poosie: :D

GQBalla
11-11-2005, 04:49 AM
LOL

djayz
11-11-2005, 04:49 AM
from the looks of it you still have warranty left so take it to the dealer

its very hard for you to describe your situation and its even harder for us to tell you what could be wrong

people have mentioned warped rotors...for your fronts which was not the case.now that its your back drums it could be anything from faulty pads to faulty rotors/drums

have it checked out by honda let them drive it and have it fixed...by the sounds of it it doesnt seem to be just a simple problem

i have the squeeking sounds in my car a while ago and the wroor wroor but it just turned out to be warped rotors and warn down pads

yellowsnow
11-15-2005, 04:12 PM
something similiar happened to me a few months ago... back right brakes were squealing a lot. i took it into the shop, and they said my rear brake calipers froze. something about badly made acura calipers? anyway, i saw the rotar, and it was pretty messed up.. so i had to replace that, plus new calipers, new rear pads... costed me quite a bit.

get it to a shop

CelicaST-162
11-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Well if you are still eager to fix it yourself, do you what did before, pull off the wheels, pulls the drums off and spray brake clean in there to clean it up. Now get some sandpaper, not too fine, not too coarse, in between is fine now sand the shoes and drums until the glaze is gone. This is what the dealer will do first hand anyways!

Good luck