PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

seanbascom
11-11-2005, 11:15 AM
I accidentally cut off a kid on the road the other day and it caused him to veer left and skid to a stop._ There was no collision, and he did not hit a curb or anything._ But he and his parents are stating that the abrupt stop he made caused the front end frame to bend._ Is this for real, or is he trying to get a new frame out of me?_ The car did swerve a little bit_as he skidded to a halt. The car is a 1973 Mustang._

Any_ help is appreciated and multiple replies are as well since I think I may have to go to court for this. I will be happy to give more details if needed._ Thanks a bunch.

jaysas_63
11-11-2005, 11:21 AM
sounds like a scam to me....cars are built to be able to take a skid......and from the sounds of your description you two weren't traveling at very high speeds either.......

Thaco
11-11-2005, 11:24 AM
lol, the kid must have had some supernatural brakes/rotors/wheels/tires/ashphault.

What you explained is IMPOSSIBLE. if a cars frame bent every time you slammed on the brakes i am sure the occurance would be a little more common. tell them to fuck off.

A790
11-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Tell them that you want the car taken to a reputable shop to perform a frame analysis and see if there's any RECENT stress to the frame.

I think it's a load of crap personally.

civicluva
11-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Thats bs to hell. If that were true my Civic frame would be garbage since I FWD drift everywhere in the rain.

seanbascom
11-11-2005, 11:33 AM
I really appreciate the feedback from everyone. I mean he did slide about 20 feet or so and the brakes locked, but no collision at all. I thought eventhough the car was built in 1973 that even then Ford frames were pretty solid.

Bill Cosby
11-11-2005, 12:30 PM
.. Built Ford Tough:rolleyes:

lastprodigy
11-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Tell them you have to pay to play.

schurchill39
11-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Yea thats definitly a BS story by the sounsd of it. If he didnt hit anything then his frame would be fine. The kid probly messed up his frame a while before this incident and is just trying to use this as an excuse to get it fixed. Appologise for cuttinghim off and call it a day

GTS Jeff
11-11-2005, 04:33 PM
It's bullshit and it's also his fault for locking up his wheels. A car can stop faster if it isn't skidding.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-11-2005, 07:32 PM
That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Then again, if he had been driving a Pinto, I might have given it some consideration. :rofl:

Zero102
11-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Haha, if he had been driving a pinto, there would have been a fire, and a few deaths.....

That is a big load of crap. The stress put on the frame by hitting the brakes hard is WELL within it's tolerances. That is also why small impacts only result in external sheet metal damage, and rarely in frame damage. Big scam if you ask me.

l8braker
11-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
Tell them you have to pay to play.

Took the words right outta my mouth dude.

These people are scum.

Nissanaddict
11-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Not possible. Tell them to take you to court, tell them that if they buy another 1973 mustang (with a good frame), you will pay them the price of the car if they skid it a few times and anything happens to it. Crock. Big crock. A 1973 Mustang will have a stronger frame than todays unibody cars (who's frames are designed to bend in certain ways/places to absorb impact yet protect the driver) those are still probably the "built to not budge" frames. Not possible. I don't believe it whatsoever. They're stupid. Trying to take advantage of the law. I hate those kinda people. Sue them for harrasment.

ninspeed
11-12-2005, 08:06 PM
mustangs dont have frames.. they are unibody

Raz2
11-12-2005, 08:40 PM
complete and utter BS, sue them for attempted fraud and harrasment immediatly.

- Rasmus

Seanith
11-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Rediculous. I can't believe people would even attempt to pull that kind of shit. :thumbsdow

arian_ma
11-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Raz2
complete and utter BS, sue them for attempted fraud and harrasment immediatly.

- Rasmus

LOL!
Sue them back, that would be sweet :P
I bet they didn't expect THAT one to backfire ;)

FatboyTheHungry
11-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Those people are a disgrace to society... :thumbsdow

Gurpy
11-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Raz actually has a good idea. If you have a friend thats a lawyer or something, just get them to send them a shitload of documents on the lawsuit you're going to file. Once the people realize the shit they've got in to, they'll stop trying to scam people, and you won't ACTUALLY have to sue them lol