PDA

View Full Version : Modifications Save HUGE accident.

Darkane
11-12-2005, 02:05 AM
So I was coming home tonight from the Underground, saw one of my fav bands three Inches of blood (see sig) and almost got in a serious accident. I was driving southbound on 24th street right by Braeside Dr and Oakfield DR and was just about to cross the interesection. Im driving along minding my own business and I see a car coming think nothing of it. All of a sudden this chick in a Tan Tercel TURNS right in front of me!! (to oakfield westbound) I was shocked!

My initial Reaction was Hit the brakes. So i did I managed to break the tires loose just a little but my car has 195/50/15's and it probably saved the tercel's Passenger. also while my car broke lose just a tad I managed to weave around this Idiot. H&R race springs helped there. I was shitting my pants practically after this.

Moral of the story dont panic and mod your car lol.. Damn People dont pay attention. I would probably written off my car and killed the passenger.. :(

/rant - LEARN TO PAY ATTENTION. Copyright Z_FAN

P.s. a stock Eg hatch with soft springs, 175/70R13's would have locked the tires up and not have the ability to dodge the car. Very bad.

Aleks
11-12-2005, 03:12 AM
Right by Pizza Hut there? I've seen some bad collision in that intersection over the years. Gotta pay attention 100% of the time.

Nissanaddict
11-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Ever see a dark blue 87 honda accord that made that same turn in front of another car? I know that guy. I don't even live near there but have now heard of one accident, and now one near-miss. Did I just say near-miss? That's a near hit! A collision is a near-miss "He ALMOST missed him" "but not quite!!!!!" [/George Carlin] anyways yeah. I dunno why that particular intersection's bad. I think Cedarbrae/Oakridge/Braeside are just full of bad drivers. I have absolutely no problem seeing anything while turning left there. Weird.

7thgenvic
11-12-2005, 03:25 AM
jay lo! your a lucky son of a bitch! good job

thinmyster
11-12-2005, 03:46 AM
yeah most likely a drunk driver. I just moved from there and with all the little pubs around i wouldnt in the least be suprised.. I used to work at the gas station just down the street. So many drunk losers there! my buddy was hit head on by some stoned kid in a mustang a couple years back..

I still love cedarbrae though :cry: :cry: :cry:

turbo'dGSR
11-12-2005, 04:17 AM
Good to hear you and the eg got away unharmed Jlo...time for more mods.

core_upt
11-12-2005, 12:32 PM
three inches are good shit

my band played with them at the undergorund years ago - the guitar player was thrashing about and ended up smoking the lead singer in the face with his guitar and sliced him open pretty good!

The joke of the night was about the three inch gash across his face or he three inches of blood on the stage!

B20EF
11-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Gotta feel bad for the chick, imagine what she thought after she cut you off and expected to get yelled at by a little asian guy in an eg, but instead see's a 300 pound monster whos ready to rip some heads off after seeing Three Inches of Blood:guns:

haha, poor girl

Darkane
11-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah Fairly lucky, That intersection is brutal. On a side not The singer (the second singer not the lead singer) Told the story of the last time he played at the underground got 25 stiches<sp> on his brow line lol. Was a good show but Lady in Tercel = :guns:

And yes yes time for more mods! lol :rofl:

Z_Fan
11-12-2005, 11:53 PM
I read the whole thread...

Now, what intersection was it again? :poosie:

GTS Jeff
11-13-2005, 01:44 AM
Heh I posted a thread awhile back about how my suspension allowed me to safely swerve away from a head-on collision with some assfuck going the wrong way down a one-way...

Darkane
11-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
I read the whole thread...

Now, what intersection was it again? :poosie:

*PAY ATTENTION :D

pressure_ratio
11-19-2005, 07:29 PM
I had something similar happen to me a few years back on Anderson.
Old woman pulls out into othe turn lane without looking and here I am doing 80.Almost T-boned her.Would Have written my car off for sure and probably put her in the ICU!
Moral of the story,my sticky tires saved me for sure.I sacrificed some curb rash to a rim and a pair of boxers.But,if I had stock tires and suspension I know I woulda plowed right into her.

gp36912
12-07-2005, 10:40 AM
same here, had a guy merge going 20 in front of me, i was going bout 110 on deerfoot, he was turning offa 32nd, if i didn't have my summers on his car woulda been thrown 30 feet, i think it was a tiny little suzuki swift he/she was driving, also if i had been driving my corolla instead of my beamer he/she woulda been dead, but i was driving my beamer, and managed just to eak by the swift, holy shit that was a close call, i was easily less than a 30 centimeters away from his side panel, lucky for him i had my sticky summers on, and it was the beemer