PDA

View Full Version : BMW Gallery - Rant.

2m0a0x2
11-12-2005, 01:00 PM
So, I used love BMW Gallery. They seemed to make more deals on cars and had great service. However, I have recently learned the fucked up BAD on my last oil change. For a while now, whenever I drive my car hard, it gives me clicks from my engine block. So when I got home, I left my car in the garage over night, and checked my oil level. I swear to god, the the thing was almost empty. There was hardly any oil in there. I topped up the oil a little bit and the clicking DID go away. Once again, after letting the car sit for a while, I checked the oil level. It was a little better, but it was still LOW. This proves that they probably drained a lot of my oil and failed to put oil back in. I know my car doesn't leak, as I check my garage spot and school spot and there is NO oil there.

This is not the only time they screwed up. They wouldn't even do a TSB for my dads car when he physically printed it out and brang it to the dealership. They DENIED that it even existed when they had it sitting in front of their faces.

Another time, they switched a family friend's plate on his 745 for NO reason. He came back to pick up his car and found that his plate had been switched. No explanation was offered from BMW Gallery (we're guessing that they used his car for a demo as they didn't have any in stock for test drive).

The management at BMW gallery is a joke. There has to be a reason why the sales manager left after a very short while, and the service manager doesn't know how to do anything.

Needless to say, I am going to AutoTrends or hopefully (even though its the same owner), Calgary BMW will be a little better.

Kaos
11-12-2005, 01:05 PM
OUCH.
What a shady dalership.

DC2uned
11-12-2005, 02:01 PM
So far BMW Gallery has been great to me.
I have heard only bad things about Calgary BMW, even though its the same owner, especially on the sales side.

waldini
11-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Your dad "Brang" a TSB to the dealership? I don' t think that's a word!

Most TSB that people print off and take to BMW dealerships are from the US. These TSB do the Tech's no good in Canada.

Goblin
11-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Taking out a personal car for a test drive? are you kidding me, if that did happen, thats un acceptable.

Thats why I record my km's before it goes in :thumbsup:

robpark
11-14-2005, 04:47 AM
SAid it once, I'll say it again.... Sheni's Auto Trend.... Never had a problem, work is ALWAYS done properly and on time... He's a factory trained BMW tech....

243-3232

Goblin
11-14-2005, 07:01 AM
or international auto. An older guy that I work with knows him personally.

69cougar
11-14-2005, 07:18 AM
Concept Autoworks on 12th st and 32nd NE is also BMW certified and has a cheap labour rate ($68).

max_boost
11-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Absolutely Unacceptable! :bullshit:

When things like this happen and the dealer doesn't do anything to rectify the situation you should just call BMW Canada. Hopefully someone over there can set things straight.

zerofighter
11-15-2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by 2m0a0x2

The management at BMW gallery is a joke.

No kidding, you're telling me. I've told you this millions and millions of times! Especially that underdeveloped monkey of a "general manager" at gallery!

But the sales guys and new car manager are excellent! I still know them.

Originally posted by 2m0a0x2
There has to be a reason why the sales manager left after a very short while, and the service manager doesn't know how to do anything.[/B]

The management at BMW gallery is a joke. There is your reason. But I will come to the defence of the service manager for a second. He did come from another dealership which was non-BMW, so keep that in mind as he probably doesn't have much BMW experience or knowledge like Dave did. Just talk to Noburto (sp?), the shopforeman, he is very knowledgable.

SuPhistiKatEd
11-22-2005, 12:42 PM
I seriously think Calgary needs another BMW dealership. Expanding them might help a bit, but it's still not enough to handle the amount of BMW's driving around the city. Everywhere you look, there's always a BMW. Most importantly, if they do build another dealership, it should be run by a different owner.

Everytime my father's car needs service, it's a hassle to get in because both locations are "always busy." Doesn't that hint at the fact that we need another location? GM, Ford, Toyota...and whatever else, have more than 2 locations. I never, ever have a problem getting my Jeep in for service.

It's a bit anal, but, last time my father took his car to the Gallery...he asked to get it washed, but instead, some lazy-ass decided to take a California Duster and do it that way. They were very apologetic about it and offered to wash it...which was nice, but it's the issue. Overall, he was impressed, but it was his second time at the Gallery. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

I heard that there was a customer car involved in an accident in the parking lot there. A service guy was driving it and got smacked....owners were pissed.

DC2uned
11-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
I seriously think Calgary needs another BMW dealership. Expanding them might help a bit, but it's still not enough to handle the amount of BMW's driving around the city. Everywhere you look, there's always a BMW. Most importantly, if they do build another dealership, it should be run by a different owner.

Everytime my father's car needs service, it's a hassle to get in because both locations are "always busy." Doesn't that hint at the fact that we need another location? GM, Ford, Toyota...and whatever else, have more than 2 locations. I never, ever have a problem getting my Jeep in for service.

It's a bit anal, but, last time my father took his car to the Gallery...he asked to get it washed, but instead, some lazy-ass decided to take a California Duster and do it that way. They were very apologetic about it and offered to wash it...which was nice, but it's the issue. Overall, he was impressed, but it was his second time at the Gallery. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

I heard that there was a customer car involved in an accident in the parking lot there. A service guy was driving it and got smacked....owners were pissed.

You can't be serious, every time i took my car there it was about a 2 day wait. And when my mom takes her X5 in they don't just wash it, but they pretty much detail it. Hell they even looked at her car once without any notice, she just drove in said there is a problem and they looked at it on the spot.

ZorroAMG
11-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned

Hell they even looked at her car once without any notice, she just drove in said there is a problem and they looked at it on the spot.

Is that supposed to be something wonderful and special in the BMW world?

Shit, the guys at Hyatt Mercedes Benz do that for my car 95% of the time and my car is 15yrs old.

Sorry to hear about the lame BMW stealerships.......

Weapon_R
11-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Sounds like your car is burning oil. The first time you found it empty I can buy, but then you added oil and it went empty again? It's not leaking anything?

Your engine is burning the oil.

teggypimp95
11-22-2005, 01:46 PM
I use to be the detailer for the bmw gallery around this time last year. trust me there managment is horrible and they have more sales people come and go from that place then they do cars. I remember that plate incident on the 7 series, i myself was trying to figure it out. I thought i did figure it out in the end but they wouldent do anything about it. The mechanics are all good guys and same with the detail guys, but the managment and a few of the sales people are just an absolutly joke. But it all starts with tony, he owns the bmw gallery, the one down south, and 20 other dealerships across the world. hes a big ass hole, but only 2 feet tall haha.

teggypimp95
11-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah, come to think of it, alot of of shit went down there, stuff that would forsure never want me to leave my car in there. Hopefully its better now then when i worked there.

DC2uned
11-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Is that supposed to be something wonderful and special in the BMW world?

Shit, the guys at Hyatt Mercedes Benz do that for my car 95% of the time and my car is 15yrs old.

Sorry to hear about the lame BMW stealerships.......

If you read what I quoted I was just responding to the guy that said his dad had to wait forever to get his car in.

2m0a0x2
11-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Sounds like your car is burning oil. The first time you found it empty I can buy, but then you added oil and it went empty again? It's not leaking anything?

Your engine is burning the oil.

No.

I added 1 quart and it didn't make much difference. It was still almost empty, I basically had to add like 4 quarts for it to be at an okay level.