PDA

View Full Version : get rich or die tryin

asp integra
11-12-2005, 02:51 PM
saw this last night, i thought i was really well done and really good, i would highly recomend it, also the soundtrack fir it it really sick, great over all movie

/////AMG
11-12-2005, 02:53 PM
the movie right?

Bill Cosby
11-12-2005, 02:53 PM
lol Ben.. you're a wankster.. the cd is shit, the movie on the other hand looks to be not too shab

snowboard
11-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Man they ll make am ovie about anyones life story these days.

Im gunna write a screen play for my life

Grew up in the NE of calgary, scary times i tell ya.
Got beat up lots, until i grew 6 inches and 80 poiunds more then everyone, the tables turned, i wrote a Rap album and made it big.

Hakkola
11-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Well, I love rap music, and I think 50 has no talent, his last cd was very weak.

But, this movie might actually be good, I was surprised to see Ebert and Roeper actually gave it 2 thumbs up.

sexualbanana
11-12-2005, 03:49 PM
I saw a screening of it on Monday. It was better than I expected, but there was a still a lot of room for improvement.

50 is a better actor than I originally gave him credit for, but at the same time. His speech is incredibly difficult to understand at times because he mumbles a lot.

The movie was pretty well directed except for a few scenes that really hurt the movie. Some scenes were too long, while others were too short.

Plus, the reiteration that 50's character was shot 9 times was really stupid.

turbotrip
11-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
His speech is incredibly difficult to understand at times because he mumbles a lot.

"where the big bills?" :rofl: :rofl: :nut:

badseed
11-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Wasn't expecting alot going into it, but turned out better than I thought. Worth watching:thumbsup:

euro_racer
11-12-2005, 05:36 PM
i liked it :thumbsup: ,,,but some parts were just predictable and common with a few movies ive seen before...but overall it was a good movie.....i liked it how the whole theatre was laughing at some parts that were not intnded to be funny lol

i like 50cent more in his movie rather than music :thumbsup: ahha

mdeleon
11-12-2005, 05:45 PM
it was alright....i didn't think 50 did a good job acting...yes better than his adversary ja rule. the movie's no 8 mile tho. and seriously the atmosphere wasn't good at all, i watched it the opening night and when i got there you just see all these "hardcores" you just know there's a chance something's gonna happen...and next thing you know, 3 fights break out during the movie....WACK!!!!

turbotrip
11-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mdeleon
. and seriously the atmosphere wasn't good at all, i watched it the opening night and when i got there you just see all these "hardcores" you just know there's a chance something's gonna happen...and next thing you know, 3 fights break out during the movie....WACK!!!!

lol in pennsylvania, some "thug" shot and killed another "thug" right after watching the movie, as they were exiting the theater :guns:

tulit
11-12-2005, 06:35 PM
lol in pennsylvania, some "thug" shot and killed another "thug" right after watching the movie, as they were exiting the theater

Here they had about 6 cops standing outside the the theatre watchin' for trouble (not the main doors, but the doors leading right into the room with the screen/where you sit). Pretty funny.

AcuraTl
11-12-2005, 06:58 PM
need i say more??

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/5346/fiddy4wv.jpg

soupey
11-12-2005, 07:31 PM
^ link to story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4431048.stm

A_3
11-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Rotten Tomatoes hated it. 16 percent.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/get_rich_or_die_tryin/
I personally won't see this movie. I hate 50 Cent, this is nothing more then a hardcore fairytale made to sell more cd's. Let's tell the real story of Curtis Jackson, the kid who grew up in the suburbs, decided he wanted to become a gangster, moved to the ghetto and started selling drugs. But whoops, he didn't think of the consequences of his actions... unfortunately he moved in on the territory of numerous other drug dealers and they were not do happy. So they shot him a bunch of times. As for jail, he went to a minimum security correctional facility. I refuse to support an "artist" who has no talent and continues to take a great form of music into the trash. I'm still amazed at how many people continue to buy up his cd's where he is obviously lying. Gun sounds inbetween songs definetly makes you hardcore! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

jaysas_63
11-13-2005, 08:23 PM
this is a movie that i am quite sure i will never watch...why you ask?....i don't want to subject myslef to wathching some baboon fuck rapper try to act when he can't even open his mouth entirely....honestly where did this guy learn to speak english, i was watching someone interview him, and all he said was a bunch of cliches, and the word wanksta a few times:rofl:....

Weapon_R
11-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Probably the worst movie of 2005. Nothing worse than portraying a scumbag thug in a positive manner. Little thugs will probably like this movie. If you have the maturity of an 18 year old +, you probably won't.

AcuraTl
11-13-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Probably the worst movie of 2005. Nothing worse than portraying a scumbag thug in a positive manner. Little thugs will probably like this movie. If you have the maturity of an 18 year old +, you probably won't.

:werd:

i heard this fagg0t (fiddy) is a republican? :nut:

Jimmy99
11-14-2005, 12:19 AM
The movie wasn't bad...and I agree it wasn't no 8 Mile as well~! But the movie had some classic lines *LOL* Like 50's mom..."You Rick James lookin' MOFO~!!" Bahaha :rofl: Everytime 50 said Rick James' name or showed that picture of him, me and my buddy burst out laughing :D

B69
11-14-2005, 08:45 AM

Obviously your not going to like the movie if you dont like rap. It's just a fucking movie. You probably didn't even see it, your just stereotyping.

jaysas_63
11-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by B69

Obviously your not going to like the movie if you dont like rap. It's just a fucking movie. You probably didn't even see it, your just stereotyping.

i love rap, my favorite artists include pac, biggie, bone thugz, and DMX, but this BS about glorifying the life of a drug dealer is stupid, and will have negative effects on ignorant youths who are susceptible to bullshit

calgarys_finest
11-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

i love rap, my favorite artists include pac, biggie, bone thugz, and DMX, but this BS about glorifying the life of a drug dealer is stupid, and will have negative effects on ignorant youths who are susceptible to bullshit

and pacs "thug life" is completely different?

88CRX
11-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by calgarys_finest

and pacs "thug life" is completely different?

haha, i agree with you.... but you'll never prove a pac fan wrong... pac is god :rolleyes: and never glorified anything bad :rolleyes:

i saw the movie and i thought it was pretty damn good.... or atleast a hell of a lot better then i thought it was going be.

A_3
11-14-2005, 09:33 AM
^Yes. Tupac at least attempted to communicate positive messages to the black youth of america. In my humble opinion, Tupac was at his best, not when he was threatening Biggie, or telling you he was going to fuck the entire zodiac, but when his songs actually had something to say. Unfortunately with Tupac, his songs where he went gangster happend to make more publicity then his songs with social messages. 50 Cent on the other hand does not make an attempt to make a positive impact. His songs are about three things...

1. I am a gangster. *random gun noises* I will not hesitate to kill you, your mom, your dad, your siblings, a couple cousins, and maybe your family pet if you look at me the wrong way *random gun noises* I have alot of guns *random gun noises* i'm not afraid of jail *gun noises* I kill lots of people *gun noises*

2. I am rich. *money noises* You support my music by spending your financial means on my merchandise but I mock you because I have so much more money then you. *money noises* I buy lots of things and spend money frivalously. *money noises* Please bow to me because I own you, but be sure to buy my next cd *money noises*

3. I fuck alot of women. *female orgasm noises* My money and my ruthlesslness make me irresistable to women. *female orgams noises* You could never hope to have sexual relations with as many women as I can or do it as well as I do. *female orgasm noises*.

If you would like to write a 50 cent rap song, feel free to combine any/all of the three categories in what ever manner you like. I suppose I just find 50 Cent particularly foolish is the fact that millions of people are buying a product that mocks there mediocre lives. Tupac wanted better for African Americans, 50 Cent wants more money, guns, and women...

soupey
11-14-2005, 09:42 AM
^:werd:u forgot to add "i got shot 9 times *random gun noises*" lol :rofl:

pr0
11-14-2005, 10:07 AM
50 cent grew up in a quarter million dollar house. How bad could his childhood life possibly be?

Bill Cosby
11-14-2005, 11:36 AM
he hada hustle on the block to get dem rocks, he gat shot 9 times
hes a g fer real

5hift
11-14-2005, 11:38 AM
I find it weird that half the people who "hate" 50 cent and his music went to see his movie, can quote his music and know quite a bit about his life. Its funny how at first everyone loves him when he's underground and trying to make it; Once he makes it, everyone joins the hater bandwagon.

There may be some parts of 50's life that are not as gangster as he makes it out to be, but I find it slightly hypocritcal that a bunch of guys from Calgary's suburbs are commenting on how thug a rapper from Queens NY is. Considering the majority of you are white/asian yet listening to black-orientated gangster rap music, whos really to say 50 is the one who is confused about where he acually came from.

Have any of you guys actually listening to rap music in the past 10 years? You guys are ripping apart 50 for hyping himself up, talking about how much money he has or how many bitches he has. I dont know if you've noticed this, but this is pretty much the blueprint that most rappers have been following for the past decade. All the rappers mentioned in this thread that you guys do like are guilty of the same thing (2pac, Biggie, DMX). These guys come from from a place where the only two things that matter are street cred and money, what do you expect 50 to rap about?

Now while 50 may not rap about politics or his community like 2pac, thats not to say he doesnt have talent. He writes his own lyrics (unlike a lot of rappers) and originally came up battling guys like Joe Budden, so its hard to say he doesnt have some emcee'ing skill. Now dont get me wrong, by no way am I comparing 50 to Pac on the same level. Im just saying you cant expect a guy whos mom was murdered when he was a child, to be the same voice that the son of a black panther had (2pac). 50 grew up alone looking out for only himself, you cant expect him to drop songs like Panther Power or Let Knowledge drop.

And for those who think 50 doesnt have any rhetoric talent, heres one of my favorite hooks he dropped. If you really think these lyrics suck, maybe you should release your own because if they are better than this, you'll sell because these sold millions.

I'm innocent in my head, like a baby born dead
Destination heaven
Sittin politic with passengers from nine eleven
The Lord's blessins leave me lyrically inclined
Shit I ain't even got to try to shine
God's the seamstress that tailor fitted my pain
I got scriptures in my brain I could spit at yo dame
Straight out the good book, look, niggas is shook
Fifty fear no man, Warrior, swingin swords like Conan
Picture me, pen in hand writin lines knowin the Source'll quote it
When I die, they'll read this and say a genius wrote it
- 50 Cent

A_3
11-14-2005, 11:57 AM
^This is exactly why modern day rap music is garbage. That hook you dropped is nothing prolific, it is simply self glorification. What 50 cent is doing is exactly what Notorious BIG did, except BIG had the lyrical prowess to pull it off. Since BIG every popular rapper has been following the same blue print of money, guns, and bitches. Yes, that includes Tupac, his style changed considerably near the end of his career when Biggies was just taking off. I don't find it hypocritical that a bunch of individuals are calling out 50 cent on his gangster-ness because we are not ourselves attempting to be G's. People know so much about 50 cent because of his shameless self promoting and the constant onslaught the media likes to throw out about his life. I can say I know my rap history pretty well, I'll go back 20 years, "Wild Style" anyone? I don't believe a form of music, like the current rap scene, can go on forever fueled by pure anger. Gangster rap is on it's way out because people are tired about hearing about pure garbage.

5hift
11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
^ ^

Notice how in my post I admitted that most of 50’s music is self-glorification. What I said, and what that hook shows, is his lyrical talent. If you really hate self-glorification, then I guess you must not like guys like Jigga or Nas because they do a ton of that. One thing you seem to be forgetting is rap music isn’t just about who has the sickest lyrics. The ability to count bars and rap with the beat is just as important, and I think 50 does this with the best (I guess it helps when you have Jam Master Jay as a teacher). Biggie sounded like he was having a asthma attack in half his songs. I’ll give props to BIG, but I don’t think he had this’ lyrical prowess’ that 50 doesn’t have.

I’m glad you know your rap history well, but just because I like 50 cent it doesn’t make me some clueless kid who just started listening to rap a year or two ago. I’ll give you props for actually knowing about the true roots of rap (most ‘rap fans’ probably have never seen Wild Style). Your forgetting though, that guys like Grand Master Flash, Grand Wizard Theodore, the Cold Crush Bros, Busy Bee and those original wild style stars, made their careers out of rap battles and beefs. It might have moved from the stages to the streets and whether it’s a good thing or not, gangster rap seems to be an evolved version of those original battles.

I know with new guys like Kayne coming in the game and changing it, everyone thinks gangster rap is on its way out, but the truth is because that lifestyle is still rampant all over the states, and the music is staying with it.

heavyD
11-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by A_3
modern day rap music is garbage.

If you can call rap music. It's easily the weakest of all the music genre's as you don't need any skills with musical instruments or any vocal range. Just a bunch of guys talking about whatever is on their mind and that usually isn't much added to a bass track and/or a ripped off hook from a previously popular rock or pop song.

50 cent is more than I would pay for his album or his movie combined.

88CRX
11-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
I find it slightly hypocritcal that a bunch of guys from Calgary's suburbs are commenting on how thug a rapper from Queens NY is. Considering the majority of you are white/asian yet listening to black-orientated gangster rap music, whos really to say 50 is the one who is confused about where he acually came from.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sooooo true :D

/turns 50 cent music back up

A_3
11-14-2005, 02:30 PM
^ ^

Notice how in my post I admitted that most of 50’s music is self-glorification. What I said, and what that hook shows, is his lyrical talent. If you really hate self-glorification, then I guess you must not like guys like Jigga or Nas because they do a ton of that. One thing you seem to be forgetting is rap music isn’t just about who has the sickest lyrics. The ability to count bars and rap with the beat is just as important, and I think 50 does this with the best (I guess it helps when you have Jam Master Jay as a teacher). Biggie sounded like he was having a asthma attack in half his songs. I’ll give props to BIG, but I don’t think he had this’ lyrical prowess’ that 50 doesn’t have.

I’m glad you know your rap history well, but just because I like 50 cent it doesn’t make me some clueless kid who just started listening to rap a year or two ago. I’ll give you props for actually knowing about the true roots of rap (most ‘rap fans’ probably have never seen Wild Style). Your forgetting though, that guys like Grand Master Flash, Grand Wizard Theodore, the Cold Crush Bros, Busy Bee and those original wild style stars, made their careers out of rap battles and beefs. It might have moved from the stages to the streets and whether it’s a good thing or not, gangster rap seems to be an evolved version of those original battles.

I know with new guys like Kayne coming in the game and changing it, everyone thinks gangster rap is on its way out, but the truth is because that lifestyle is still rampant all over the states, and the music is staying with it.

Very fair. I don't know enough about the actual intricasies of rap music to judge 50 on a technical stand point. I also agree that just because you like 50 Cent doesn't make you clueless, as is obvious in your reference to Busy Bee (this is a story that must be told about 1 million dollars and 10 bags of gold :D). I see where you're going with the evolution of rap music from battles to beefs. I suppose i'm just not a fan of 50 Cent because of the life style he portrays. I'm not even particularly opposed to his music, I have both of his cd's and it's great bob-your-head kind of music. I just wish he would put all his talents towards something a little more positive then the three I listed above. At the same time though, that formula for success hasn't sputtered out yet. So even if some of us don't agree, a couple million albums sold says someone does.

Weapon_R
11-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by B69

Yes, I 'probably didn't even see it'. Thanks for your thought out assumption.

It sucks. The reviews confirm this. Most people will see through the bullshit acting and the weak storyline to realize that this movie sucks. Whether or not a person likes rap does not correlate with how they will like this movie.

5hift
11-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

If you can call rap music. It's easily the weakest of all the music genre's as you don't need any skills with musical instruments or any vocal range. Just a bunch of guys talking about whatever is on their mind and that usually isn't much added to a bass track and/or a ripped off hook from a previously popular rock or pop song.

Your response is a typical Beyond post, where someone has no idea of what they are talking about, so they just type their own mislead and misinformed opinion. Considering how I remember in several racially sensitive threads over the years, a few Beyonders have called you racist, I’m not surprised you think a black dominated music genre is garbage. So what I’m curious about is when you’re sitting in your backyard in the summer, drinking your Budweiser with your confederate flag flapping in the wind, what kind of music do you listen to?

You think it takes no skills to produce rap music? For a rapper you have to be able to come up with lyrics that flow with a specific beat, you have to be able to count bars, and you have to be able to come up with stuff on the fly. Producers like Dr. Dre, Scott Storch and Kanye West know every single piece of equipment in the recording studio backwards and forwards, and can come up with amazing beats in a few hours with just a idea using turn tables and soundboards that most people don’t even know how to work. Emcee’s like Jay-Z, Eminem and Common can freestyle some of the most amazing lyrics off the top of their heads to beats and topics they did not get a chance to hear/prepare for. I’d like to see you throw any lead singer to a rock band on stage in front of a huge crowd, play a beat he has never heard before, and expect him to freestyle a song.

Mainly because I’ve been following Rap/Hip-Hop from the early days, I take offense when people say it’s a weak genre or it doesn’t take any skill. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I fail to see how a voice synthesized pop star like Britney Spears, or a lead singer like Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones has more talent than a Emcee like Kanye West or Jay-Z.

soupey
11-14-2005, 04:00 PM
I find it weird that half the people who "hate" 50 cent and his music went to see his movie, can quote his music and know quite a bit about his life. Its funny how at first everyone loves him when he's underground and trying to make it; Once he makes it, everyone joins the hater bandwagon.

u cant say that, i mean look at 50's best friend eminem, after he made it there wasnt a huge bandwagon that was setup full of eminem haters, he made it, and most ppl still respect him for it, and most of the ppl who "hate" him hated him from the start.

also, i'll personally say i never was a huge fan of 50, "its ur birthday" = monotone voice, most of his songs only make it big cuz theres a good beat in teh back, jus like candy shop, the song would be shit if it were mixed with any other beat. his voice is shitty, his lyrics are too typical thug/gangster, the beat that his voice is wrapped into and the fact that he started off wit eminem that have made him become rich n famous..

atleast thats what i think =).

duffspec
11-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I thought this thread was about the movie...:dunno:

heavyD
11-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Your response is a typical Beyond post, where someone has no idea of what they are talking about, so they just type their own mislead and misinformed opinion. Considering how I remember in several racially sensitive threads over the years, a few Beyonders have called you racist, I’m not surprised you think a black dominated music genre is garbage. So what I’m curious about is when you’re sitting in your backyard in the summer, drinking your Budweiser with your confederate flag flapping in the wind, what kind of music do you listen to?

You think it takes no skills to produce rap music? For a rapper you have to be able to come up with lyrics that flow with a specific beat, you have to be able to count bars, and you have to be able to come up with stuff on the fly. Producers like Dr. Dre, Scott Storch and Kanye West know every single piece of equipment in the recording studio backwards and forwards, and can come up with amazing beats in a few hours with just a idea using turn tables and soundboards that most people don’t even know how to work. Emcee’s like Jay-Z, Eminem and Common can freestyle some of the most amazing lyrics off the top of their heads to beats and topics they did not get a chance to hear/prepare for. I’d like to see you throw any lead singer to a rock band on stage in front of a huge crowd, play a beat he has never heard before, and expect him to freestyle a song.

Mainly because I’ve been following Rap/Hip-Hop from the early days, I take offense when people say it’s a weak genre or it doesn’t take any skill. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I fail to see how a voice synthesized pop star like Britney Spears, or a lead singer like Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones has more talent than a Emcee like Kanye West or Jay-Z.

Racism is a word thrown around far too carelessly these days. I don't like rap so I'm a racist? In fact I don't care how much you like rap, the fact of the matter is that 50 cent is as good a musical artist as he is an actor. I also hate manufactured pop music as well but this thread wasn't about Britney Spears.

Come up with lyrics for a specific beat? Give me a break. My wife is a music teacher with a degree in music. She can sing, play piano and play a number of musical instruments. That is musical talent not coming up with lyrics for a computer made music beat. What you listen to is nothing but manufactured garbage and as long as people like you continue to buy it there will be a market for it. I hate country also but at least most of those artists can sing and play instruments.

Jimmy99
11-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Everyone is baggin' on how 50 can't open his mouth..."can't speak english"...and can't rap?! Give the guy a break...he got shot in the fucking jaw :guns:

Jimmy99
11-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Come up with lyrics for a specific beat? Give me a break. My wife is a music teacher with a degree in music. She can sing, play piano and play a number of musical instruments. That is musical talent not coming up with lyrics for a computer made music beat. What you listen to is nothing but manufactured garbage and as long as people like you continue to buy it there will be a market for it. I hate country also but at least most of those artists can sing and play instruments.

I would like to see your wife come up with some of the stuff Dr. Dre comes up with if it is so easy to create a beat.

heavyD
11-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy99
I would like to see your wife come up with some of the stuff Dr. Dre comes up with if it is so easy to create a beat.

Who?

lastprodigy
11-14-2005, 08:01 PM

Give me a break. My wife is a music teacher with a degree in music. She can sing, play piano and play a number of musical instruments. That is musical talent not coming up with lyrics for a computer made music beat. What you listen to is nothing but manufactured garbage and as long as people like you continue to buy it there will be a market for it. I hate country also but at least most of those artists can sing and play instruments.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: whats your wifes name? i think ill head down to FS and buy her multi-platinum cd also :rolleyes:

heavyD
11-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: whats your wifes name? i think ill head down to FS and buy her multi-platinum cd also :rolleyes:

Selling millions of records is not indicative of musical talent. Cough..Ashlee Simpson...Cough.:rolleyes:

In fact for you rap lovers I once read an article on RAP "the kids music" as it went. Alot of people that grew up in the 70's listened to AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, etc. These same people today in their 40's & 50's will still listen to that type of music (this has to explain CJAY 92's popularity). Someone that listened to country music in their youth, still listen to it in their later life. Same with jazz, R&B, pop, etc. Not too many 40 - 50 year olds listen to rap music or even pople in their 30's for the most part. Why? Because as you age you become wiser believe it or not and your tastes become more stringent and rap just doesn't age well.

You are defending it today but I have a feeling you will share my opinion when you mature.:poosie:

statick
11-14-2005, 08:19 PM
:werd: X 10, about how selling records doesnt nessicarily mean anything.

HuMz
11-14-2005, 08:38 PM

Yes, I 'probably didn't even see it'. Thanks for your thought out assumption.

It sucks. The reviews confirm this. Most people will see through the bullshit acting and the weak storyline to realize that this movie sucks. Whether or not a person likes rap does not correlate with how they will like this movie.

Reviews don't tell the whole story and you say weather a person likes rap or not has no effect on how they like this movie but thats complete bullshit....if your into the hip hop culture then this movie is going to appeal too you alot more and you will be alot more forgiving then someone who hates hip hop, I can think of my favorite hip hop/black/gangsta/drug dealing movies, paid in full, boyz in the hood, belly, menace II society, empire, training day, die another day, and because they all appeal to me they are some of my favorite movies along with many other hip hop fans, yet they've recieved sub par-shitty reviews from your regular movie critics.....your just way off to say reviews will confirm this movie and that liking rap has no effect on this movie and on top of that you haven't even seen it

A_3
11-14-2005, 08:47 PM
You're right, reviews don't tell the full story, a paltry 12.0 Million in it's opening weekend does...

Jimmy99
11-15-2005, 12:30 AM

In fact for you rap lovers I once read an article on RAP "the kids music" as it went. Alot of people that grew up in the 70's listened to AC/DC, Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, etc. These same people today in their 40's & 50's will still listen to that type of music (this has to explain CJAY 92's popularity). Someone that listened to country music in their youth, still listen to it in their later life. Same with jazz, R&B, pop, etc. Not too many 40 - 50 year olds listen to rap music or even pople in their 30's for the most part. Why? Because as you age you become wiser believe it or not and your tastes become more stringent and rap just doesn't age well.

You are defending it today but I have a feeling you will share my opinion when you mature.:poosie:

I have quite a few friends in their 30's who listen to Hip Hop/Rap. I grew up on Country for 15 years until I moved to Calgary. If you listen closely, Rap and Country music are pretty much the same thing. Minor differences in topics mind you, but the rhyming is all there. Ever hear the Remix to Gin & Juice with all the country stars? :D

lastprodigy
11-15-2005, 12:35 AM
So, anyone got the movie and wanan send it to me??:D

Tha VZA
11-15-2005, 04:17 AM

Not too many 40 - 50 year olds listen to rap music or even pople in their 30's for the most part. Why? Because as you age you become wiser believe it or not and your tastes become more stringent and rap just doesn't age well.

i would agree to a point, but like old school sugarhill gang, grandmaster, afrika bambaataa, run-dmc, PE...people who listened to that while in the their 20's still listen to it in their 30's

i know for a fact i'll be listening to hip hop when i am older, as well as metal, classic rock, country, blues, tenor music, and funk like i do now

it just might be different artists, but still same genre

ciao

AllGoNoShow
11-15-2005, 04:28 AM
To the people making attacks about how he can't open his mouth fully, he mumbles. If you got shot in your jaw I think you would be having the same problems so just shut the fuck up.

I haven't seen the movie yet but i know some people are obveously taking a MOVIE way to serious, based on a real life or not, if people are getting shot when they leave, you have to recosnider what you believe in. If 50 said go jump off a bridge to say black culture, how many white kids running artoudn with bandanas would u see booking it off the nearest bridge? Its retarded.

In any event, everyones views of music are different, hence the variety of music avalible in todays world. If you don't like it then don't listen to it, switch the station or don't buy it.

Evo prec
11-15-2005, 05:38 PM
i liked the movie thought it could have been better in some parts. there was fuckin corny ass parts like its in the preview, but when 50 cent is like "i tell you not to shoot anybody and you the first thing you do is shoot somebody". and then tarrence howard came in and said "thats how i do" wow people need to stop saying thats how i do........Petey pablo. but overall the movie wasnt bad was better then what i expected. the cd is good although, it is pretty much another g-unit album cause you see everybody on there from olivia to mase. but it is good.

brettg
11-17-2005, 11:32 PM
i thought it was pretty good, i liked it better than 8 mile i think, probably a little better done even though most ppl dont seem to think so.
Either way a decent movie, i wasnt expecting an oscar preformance from it so i was happy with what i saw. if you like 50 cent than its worth watching.