PDA

View Full Version : subs cutting out..why?

sullygully
11-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Starting today, I noticed my subs cutting out a little once i turned the HU volume to a certain level. Once it gets to a certain point, they cut out completely. If its really low, its keeps cutting in and out every split second, unless i have the HU set at its lowest setting, the subs work(faintly)

I know the amp is not going into protection mode, because the light stays lit when the sound cuts out. So this should mean that my power/ground connections are solid as well.

So my only guess is that my rca's are to be blamed. I just installed my setup a couple weeks ago, from my old car, but with a different HU and all new hardware. It was a cheap amp kit that i used, so thats why i'm thinking its the rca's.

Anyone else agree, or have any other suggestions?

soupey
11-13-2005, 11:29 PM
doubt its ur RCA's, unless ur amp has a seperate protection led light, it cud still be going into protection even tho the power light is on...check to see if ur amp is stable at whatever impedance ur runnin the subs at...also feel the amp to see if its heating up alot....check the ground and power wires...hopefully that helps.

Supa Dexta
11-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Is this while the car is running, or not?

Weapon_R
11-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Amp is unstable at whatever impedence you are running.

sullygully
11-15-2005, 06:54 PM
I found a more solid ground location. As well, the bolt was a little loose on my previous ground location, so that would explain why it just started doing it all of a sudden.
So far its back to normal.

Thanks for the help